2St. LouisAndre SmithOTAlabama
3Kansas CityMark SanchezQB USC
4 SeattleMichael Crabtree WR Texas Tech
5 Cleveland Aaron CurryLBWake Forest
6 CincinnatiJason Smith OTBaylor
7OaklandJeremy Maclin WRMissouri
8 Jacksonville Eugene Monroe OT Virginia
9 Green Bay Malcolm Jenkins CBOhio St.
10 San FranciscoAaron Maybin DE/OLBPenn St.
11 BuffaloBrandon PettigrewTEOklahoma St.
12 DenverB.J. Raji DTBoston College
13 WashingtonBrian OrakpoDETexas
14 New Orleans Vontae Davis CB Illinois
15Houston Everette Brown DEFlorida St.
16 San Diego Knowshon Moreno RBGeorgia
17 New York JetsPercy Harvin WR Florida
18 ChicagoTyson Jackson DE LSU
19 Tampa Bay Josh Freeman QB Kansas St.
20 Detroit (from Dallas) Rey Maualuga LB USC
21 Philadelphia Chris "Beanie" Wells RBOhio St.
22 MinnesotaHakeem Nicks WR North Carolina
23New England Brian Cushing LB USC
24 AtlantaLarry English DE/OLB No. Illinois
25 Miami Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland
26 BaltimoreD.J. Moore CB Vanderbilt
27 IndianapolisPeria JerryDT Mississippi
28 Philadelphia (from Carolina)Michael Oher OT Mississippi
29 New York GiantsJames Laurinaitis LB Ohio St.
30 Tennessee Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech
31 Arizona LeSean McCoy RB Pittsburgh
32 Pittsburgh Alex Mack C California

I'd be thrilled with any of:

LB Cushing

LB Maualuga

LB Lauruniatis (Why has he fallen so bad in 1 year ?)

DE M. Johnson (Why has he fallen so far ?)

DT Jerry

or that little CB from Wake Forest the Kiper does not list but Mike Mayock LOVES this kid.

Lauruniatis did not show for the Senior Bowl.....What gives ? He would have been playing for the North so its not like he would have been made to look bad vs. USC players and SEC players when the South team practiced vs. one another. I thought that kid was competitor !

Wow ! Detroit is in a sweet spot....I had no idea they had pick #20 (from the R. Williams trade) with the #1 pick ! I could see them copying the Falcons and going QB #1 and best LT available at #20.

I'd imagine we'd snag one of the USC 'backers if they fell.

I'm not sure how TD views our OLine but if Mike Oher is still on the board, I'd take a long hard look at him... I read The Blind Side though so I just think he'd be a cool guy to have on the team.

One thing I remember seeing in the "Falcons Draft Thread" was that Sultan mentioned Dimitroff came from the Patriots and that he thought you guys would go OL in the 1st but if the Falcons draft the way that the Patriots do you're a lot more likely to look at DL, TE, and skill positions in the 1st round and OL later in the draft.

Look at their recent 1st round draft history since 2001 which I believe was Dimitroff's 1st year with the Pats. In the 1st round since 2001 they went DE (2001), TE (2002), DT (2003), DT (2004), TE (2004), G (2005), RB (2006), S (2007), LB (2008)

2008 - Jerod Mayo (LB) 10th pick

No offensive lineman selected

2007 - Brandon Meriweather (S) 24th pick

First offensive lineman taken was in the 5th round

2006 - Laurence Maroney (RB) 21st pick

2005 - Logan Mankins (G) 25th pick

Also selected Nick Kaczur in the 3rd round

2004 - Vince Wilfork (DT) 21st pick

2004 - Benjamin Watson (TE) 32nd pick

2003 - Ty Warren (DT) 13th pick

2002 - Daniel Graham (TE) 21st pick

2001 - Richard Seymour (DE) 6th pick

First offensive lineman taken was in the 2nd round

Patriots starting offensive line

LT - Matt Light - 2nd round pick, 2001

LG - Logan Mankins - 1st round pick , 2005

C - Dan Koppen - 5th round pick, 2003

RG - Stephen Neal - Rookie free agent 2001

RT - Nick Kaczur - 3rd round pick, 2005

One thing I remember seeing in the "Falcons Draft Thread" was that Sultan mentioned Dimitroff came from the Patriots and that he thought you guys would go OL in the 1st but if the Falcons draft the way that the Patriots do you're a lot more likely to look at DL, TE, and skill positions in the 1st round and OL later in the draft.

Look at their recent 1st round draft history since 2001 which I believe was Dimitroff's 1st year with the Pats. In the 1st round since 2001 they went DE (2001), TE (2002), DT (2003), DT (2004), TE (2004), G (2005), RB (2006), S (2007), LB (2008)

2008 - Jerod Mayo (LB) 10th pick

2007 - Brandon Meriweather (S) 24th pick

HOMER ALERT!! Three Buckeyes in the first round, NICE! Too bad they can't win a BCS game.

2006 - Laurence Maroney (RB) 21st pick

2005 - Logan Mankins (G) 25th pick

Also selected Nick Kaczur in the 3rd round

2004 - Vince Wilfork (DT) 21st pick

2004 - Benjamin Watson (TE) 32nd pick

2003 - Ty Warren (DT) 13th pick

2002 - Daniel Graham (TE) 21st pick

2001 - Richard Seymour (DE) 6th pick

First offensive lineman taken was in the 2nd round

Patriots starting offensive line

LT - Matt Light - 2nd round pick, 2001

LG - Logan Mankins - 1st round pick , 2005

C - Dan Koppen - 5th round pick, 2003

RG - Stephen Neal - Rookie free agent 2001

RT - Nick Kaczur - 3rd round pick, 2005

Lauruniatis did not show for the Senior Bowl.....What gives ? He would have been playing for the North so its not like he would have been made to look bad vs. USC players and SEC players when the South team practiced vs. one another. I thought that kid was competitor !

Todd McKShay (Sp ?) was just on ESPN......................He was saying Lauruniatis got some bad advise from the OSU coaching staff..............they told him he had no reason to go to the Senior Bowl b/c had nothing to gain.....(News to OSU, smaybe you have something to lose ?)........Well, b/c of that the USC LBs have really impressed and shined (vs. SEC and Big 12 South Competion) at Senior Bowl practice with the South team.

McKshay says Lauruniatis will now likely be the 3rd or 4th LB taken when he could have comepeted to be the 1st LB taken. He says teams in the top 10 fear he is trying to hide something about his game. The drop in being picked 5th and 25th is a ton of dough !

Edited by coachx

Todd McKShay (Sp ?) was just on ESPN......................He was saying Lauruniatis got some bad advise from the OSU coaching staff..............they told him he had no reason to go to the Senior Bowl b/c had nothing to gain.....(News to OSU, smaybe you have something to lose ?)........Well, b/c of that the USC LBs have really impressed and shined (vs. SEC and Big 12 South Competion) at Senior Bowl practice with the South team.

McKshay says Lauruniatis will now likely be the 3rd or 4th LB taken when he could have comepeted to be the 1st LB taken. He says teams in the top 10 fear he is trying to hide something about his game. The drop in being picked 5th and 25th is a ton of dough !

Bad for Lauruniatis, good for the Falcons! I would love to have that guy take over for Brooking.

Just say no to all the USC linebackers. Mualauga(sp) will not be able to cover anyone and will be mediocre. Cushing is not as bad but he's not that good either. English seems like a good pick and I wouldn't mind Jerry or Oher if that's how the draft went. I've heard alot of comparissons of English to Abraham. He seems to be a pretty athletic DE just goes to a small school. I have total faith in Dimitroff whoever he picks. The guy does his homework like no other as last years draft showed you.