• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How bout the Timberwolves 8-2 over their last 10

Admin

Their only losses over the last 10 are by 3 points to Miami and 5 points in Utah and they beat the Hornets last night and although I haven't watched them play it's clear that McHale has them playing well and it makes me wonder if maybe he's not as bad of a GM as he has been labeled since he's figured out how to get them to win. With Rodney Carney, Mike Miller, and Kevin Love all coming off the bench they are 8 deep with talented young players and should be 10 if they were playing McCants and had a healthy Brewer.

Jefferson is a beast. Foye is really stepping it up and looking like the player people thought he was gonna be. Other than that no one else is really impressing. Telfair has done a nice job but he still can't shoot. Love is having a solid year but the 43% fg percentage means he must shoot alot of jumpers.

Jefferson is a beast. Foye is really stepping it up and looking like the player people thought he was gonna be. Other than that no one else is really impressing. Telfair has done a nice job but he still can't shoot. Love is having a solid year but the 43% fg percentage means he must shoot alot of jumpers.

You've got Craig Smith and Ryan Gomes playing their roles well and Jefferson and Foye are playing like All-Stars and since Telfair has taken over as the starting PG he's putting up very solid numbers and his FG%'s haven't been too bad, at least FT (80%) and 3pt (37%) over the past month. If Foye and Jefferson continue to play at a level like this they've easily got enough talent around them and depth to contend once they get a little more experience.

Look at what Foye has done over the past month: 19.5 points, 4 dimes, 1.5 steals, 2.5 threes per game at 49%, 88% FT, and 48% overall. Then you've got Jefferson putting up 22/12. That's as good of a inside-outside tandem as there is in the league right now.

Twolves were my surprise team coming into the season, and I've adopted them as my no. 2 team. They remind me a lot of us a few seasons ago.

The funny thing is that they aren't good for the reasons most thought. Coming into the year, they looked to be a potentially dangerous thanks to Big Al down low, and three sharpshooters from the outside in Foye, McCants in Miller. But Miller has fallen off the face of the planet this season and McCants was benched. Foye is turning into a hell of a player now now that he's finally healthy and is getting to play the 2, but they've gotten a lot of help from elsewhere.

Rodney Carney has been lights out since this streak began, Sebastian Telfair has learned how to play PG, and Ryan Gomes is flashing the ability to maybe become more than just a decent role player. Add in Kevin Love's surprising season (don't think anyone though he'd have this effect on the defensive side right away) and you've got a very dangerous squad.

• Moderators
How can he be a bad executive if he's built the team that he's currently coaching? From the looks of things I'd say that it's likely he hasn't had coaches that knew how to utilize the talent he gave them properly.

I'd say that this is why he is a bad executive:

(1) Joe Smith.

(2) First round picks after 1996 suck (McCants, Brewer, Paul Grant, Ebi, etc.). Best of all the picks he had that were not immediately traded for better players, Wally Sczerbiak, was taken over Richard Hamilton, Andre Miller, and Shawn Marion who were taken immediately thereafter.

(3) The times that McHale did get it right in the draft he immediately screwed himself. Trading Ray Allen for Stephon Marbury and Brandon Roy for Randy Foye and now OJ Mayo for Kevin Love. I'll say it is too early to call on Love (although it doesn't look great) but the others were disasters.

(4) FA signings. We'll just say that he got it right with Sam Cassell (for once) and blew it repeatedly on guys like Vin Baker, Michael Olowokandi, etc.

and the most damning....

(5) With TWELVE years of Kevin Garnett to build around, Minnesota advanced past the first round of the playoffs once in its history.

The real question is why anyone would think he is a good executive once you get past the fact that he drafted KG his first year on the job.