• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

where do you see the Hawks going?

Brotha2ThaNite

This team looks like it is losing it. At the start of the season I had hopes they would do more but they have seem to have falling back into that mind set they had last year. That is just accomplishing their goal and nothing more. Last year it was make the playoff and make some noise.

I see them doing just what they set out to do. That is get a 1st round home court advantage and advancing to the next round. That is where the buck stops.

Now, will you be happy with that?

I think I'll be happy with a 1st round win and a 2nd round exit. That is what I set the goal for the Hawks before the season started.

Although, at the start of the season the Hawks really made me crazy and made me think that our goal should be the Division and the Eastern Conference Finals. We all know that's not gonna happen.

I think we should all be at least satisfied with a 2nd round exit. As long as your team improves every year, there shouldn't be a problem, because sooner or later they can't improve anymore and their they are with the Larry O'brien trophy in their hands. :) I wonder when that will happen....

I think I'll be happy with a 1st round win and a 2nd round exit. That is what I set the goal for the Hawks before the season started.

Although, at the start of the season the Hawks really made me crazy and made me think that our goal should be the Division and the Eastern Conference Finals. We all know that's not gonna happen.

I think we should all be at least satisfied with a 2nd round exit. As long as your team improves every year, there shouldn't be a problem, because sooner or later they can't improve anymore and their they are with the Larry O'brien trophy in their hands. :) I wonder when that will happen....

man, dont we think alike lol i feel the same way. i just wanna see improvement and at this point we are a better ball club than we were last year. im happy..we could be better but im fine with where we are at. I see us having homecourt advantage playing Detroit, possibly beating them, and after that, anything can happen. Im one who believes anything can happpen in the playoffs but most likely Hawks arent gonna win the finals this year with this roster..we have some holes that need 2 be filled and Sund doesnt seem like he is trying to make any moves so most likely we are staying put.

We are hard on the Hawks because we are the fans..ask around, people think we are a good team lol

This team looks like it is losing it. At the start of the season I had hopes they would do more but they have seem to have falling back into that mind set they had last year. That is just accomplishing their goal and nothing more. Last year it was make the playoff and make some noise.

I see them doing just what they set out to do. That is get a 1st round home court advantage and advancing to the next round. That is where the buck stops.

Now, will you be happy with that?

Losing it ? They just barely lost one game in a 82 game season vs. the biggest front court in the NBA while missing their starting C ! Do you have any grip omn reality at all ?

Hawks had 37 wins last year and are on schedule to get 50 wins this year. Is a 13 game win improvement not meeting your expectations ? 50 wins is a sign that your a DAMN FINE TEAM ! The next step is getting 57 - 60 wins to show your a legit championship contender. Would home court advantage and a 2nd round playoff appearance not satisfy you either this season ? You talk as its not good enough for your highness. For a team starting 3 frontcourt guys 23 years of age or younger most fans would be THRILLED with the potential of such of club.

The Atlanta Hawks have never made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs ! Did you even know that ? Not with Mookie, Smitty, and Deke in their primes..............not with Nique, Doc, Moses, Spud, Theus, Willis, & company either....................This current club is primed to go where no Atlanta club, even with those hall of famers, has ever gone before.

Maybe you should be one of those fans to just jump on whatever band wagon is hot each season..........go root for the Lakers, Cavs, or Celtics. Then in 1 year you would jump off he Celtics cause their too old, in 2 years you would jump off the Lakers cause Kobe would start slowing down, and in 2 years you would jump off the Cavs b/c Lebron would jet to NY or anywhere not named Ohio.

I think a common theme among poster on message boards is the classic "knee jerk" reaction. This thread is a fine example of that.

How is this team "losing it." They lost one game, and already we are losing it? I think it is farcical at best to say something like that when we aren't even half way through the season and the Hawks are looking good for a #4 or #5 spot in the East. Why so many people expect so much more from this team is beyond me. In the words of Dennis Green "we are who we though we were" (a decent team)

This team will be fine. Al will be back soon enough and will bolster the inside and we get to see less of Solo flopping around. Josh is playing well and so is Marv. Bibby is shooting lights out (with the exception of last night) and JJ will get it going soon enough. If you had told me last year we would be in this position heading into the break, I think I can speak for everyone when I say we would all be satisfied.

Just sit back and take a deep breath and let the season play out.

Losing it ? They just barely lost one game in a 82 game season vs. the biggest front court in the NBA while missing their starting C ! Do you have any grip omn reality at all ?

Hawks had 37 wins last year and are on schedule to get 50 wins this year. Is a 13 game win improvement not meeting your expectations ? 50 wins is a sign that your a DAMN FINE TEAM ! The next step is getting 57 - 60 wins to show your a legit championship contender. Would home court advantage and a 2nd round playoff appearance not satisfy you either this season ? You talk as its not good enough for your highness. For a team starting 3 frontcourt guys 23 years of age or younger most fans would be THRILLED with the potential of such of club.

The Atlanta Hawks have never made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs ! Did you even know that ? Not with Mookie, Smitty, and Deke in their primes..............not with Nique, Doc, Moses, Spud, Theus, Willis, & company either....................This current club is primed to go where no Atlanta club, even with those hall of famers, has ever gone before.

Maybe you should be one of those fans to just jump on whatever band wagon is hot each season..........go root for the Lakers, Cavs, or Celtics. Then in 1 year you would jump off he Celtics cause their too old, in 2 years you would jump off the Lakers cause Kobe would start slowing down, and in 2 years you would jump off the Cavs b/c Lebron would jet to NY or anywhere not named Ohio.

Well said.

First things first. I think the key is to make it to the All-Star break either in 4th place or close. If they can do that i think they can finish the season strong and get the 4th seed, assuming of course no major injuries.

The Hawks are a thin team with a coach that likes to overwork JJ so this time of the year is tough. Getting a rest at the break should be a major plus. They just need to hang on until then.

Depends on who we play in the second round. If we lose to Cleveland, Boston, or the Magic. I'll be satisfied. If we lose to anybody else it would be an upset, and I would be highly upset. Beat the teams you should beat That's how you become a winner. Once you get that down we'll talk titles.

Depends on who we play in the second round. If we lose to Cleveland, Boston, or the Magic. I'll be satisfied. If we lose to anybody else it would be an upset, and I would be highly upset. Beat the teams you should beat That's how you become a winner. Once you get that down we'll talk titles.

I always look at the glass half full, but I'm also a realist. Sure we took Boston to 7 last year, but if we play Cleveland, Orlando, or Boston, which is certain if we make the second round, we're not moving on. I would LOVE for us to finish in the fourth seed and give one of the top three out of 5 teams in the entire NBA a strong fight...

• Premium Member

Little harsh there eh? I have been a avid followerof the Hawks since 1977. I as others on here can remember a time when the NBA finals were on tape delay after the nightly news.

First of all the Lakers and Celtics franchises have been in contendtion for a title over the past 30 years at least. The Hawks have been up and down mostly down. It has been tough the last ten (get it 10) seasons to be a Hawks fan. This franchised has been mismanaged as much as the Clippers. The Hawks could have had a better offeseason as far as getting a veteran big in here that we so desparately need now in this season, management did not address that, oh I forgot, Randolph Morris was going to be the savior off the bench. Now, there will most likley not be any moves made by the deadline because we are fourth in the east at this point. The thought process of the Hawks management in my mind is "Well the water is running well right now and we know there is a hole rusting through the pipe but we will just wait to fix it later."

Hawks fans do have a right to get aggravated with this team and its management.

I've always been a supporter of Coach Woodson but it is becoming too commom face that the Hawks collapse on the road and that is a motivation factor with the coaching staff.

We will see what happens the rest of the season with this team.

You are proving my point. With fans/media who doesn't really care how long it takes for their team to start to win they will never feel pressure to do so. I'm having a hard time with feeling this team's heart. I would not worry if we had vets that know how to turn it on close to playoff time but we don't have those guys.

The only team I see giving this team a hard time is Boston. So, why should you be happy with just a 2nd round exit?

I know every NBA team have nights like they did last night against the Heat but our leader is a guy who is afraid of contact. Your leader can't be afraid of contact. NBA basket ball is a CONTACT SPORT!

Wade showed us last night how a leader plays. When the time get ruff, take it to the hole. Granted JJ did show some of it last night but in other games all he does is want to shoot jumpers. That is not going to get it.

Why do you think JJ don't get the calls from the refs? It's because he is known as a jump shooter. lol Marvin Williams draws more fouls then jj does per drives to the basket because that is what he does. Hate to say it be he plays smarter then JJ does. JJ doesn't know when to stop shooting jumpers and start driving.

You are proving my point. With fans/media who doesn't really care how long it takes for their team to start to win they will never feel pressure to do so. I'm having a hard time with feeling this team's heart. I would not worry if we had vets that know how to turn it on close to playoff time but we don't have those guys.

The only team I see giving this team a hard time is Boston. So, why should you be happy with just a 2nd round exit?

I know every NBA team have nights like they did last night against the Heat but our leader is a guy who is afraid of contact. Your leader can't be afraid of contact. NBA basket ball is a CONTACT SPORT!

Wade showed us last night how a leader plays. When the time get ruff, take it to the hole. Granted JJ did show some of it last night but in other games all he does is want to shoot jumpers. That is not going to get it.

Why do you think JJ don't get the calls from the refs? It's because he is known as a jump shooter. lol Marvin Williams draws more fouls then jj does per drives to the basket because that is what he does. Hate to say it be he plays smarter then JJ does. JJ doesn't know when to stop shooting jumpers and start driving.

Boston isn't the only team better than us. The Cavs and Magic are also a lot better than us. It would be nice if we could be them but its unrealistic at this point to expect it.

Joe isn't Wade. Wade doesn't get to the hoop more often and get to the line more often because he just wants it more, he gets there because he is a much better athlete and a better basketball player than Joe Johnson.