• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why Does JJ Get A Pass Around Here!

Wurider05

I know that there are a few JJ threads on here but for the most part many of you will blame Marvin, Smoove, Bibby, Flip, Zaza and even Horf but for some reasons JJ gets a pass. His shooting percentage and his amount of shots taken have lost us more games than anyone on the team. But yet many of you want to leave him out of the equation when the "What's wrong with us" threads. I mean we all know that Woody is an *ss clown. It is obvious that JJ is tired and maybe injured but HE needs to tell Woody to cut him some slack. But he needs to make it to the allstar game so he will continue to play damn near that whole game. With the way he has been playing I really don't think that he deserves to be an all-star. Right now he isn't much better than a supposedly washed up Vince Carter. A man has got to know his limitations. If Woody subs in Flip for JJ and Flips is lighting it up JJ needs to stay his *ss on the bench the same with Bibby. It like no matter what is working we always revert back to the same ol crap. Like when Marvin is hot Woody doesn't go to him anymore. I think I am starting to realize why Smoove does what he does when he takes bad shots. In Woody's system that is the only way you are going to get a shot you have to take out side on the play. Woody's job is to get us wins not to worry about making JJ an allstar. The later should be a product of winning. I don't think that we need to trade the guy but his role needs to be evaluated if we are going to ever be an truly elite team. Lebron is playing the fewest minutes of his career but the team is having a great year.

I agree with u somewhat. JJ gets a pass on here because he is our "Kobe". so ppl dont wanna put the blame on him..he's the franchise player. But he hasnt been playing well as of late...Wade made him look like a role player last night. with that said, JJ is a lock for the all star reserve..he is still having a good enough season to be an all star. If Iverson is starting, JJ should be on it...if u know what I mean. Devin Harris would make it before Vince does, but they too have been struggling as of late so who knows who makes it. I still dont blame Woody for our so called struggle. I see players not making plays and just playing bad. yes a coach has some control over what happens on the floor but lately this team hasnt been defending well, making shots, and are simply getting out played..we have been coming out flat. we tend to pick it up but we cannot afford to start games off so slow and play catch up..its a bad habit. Flip has been one of the most consistant players this season(as bad as that sounds lol) its the truth. the effort is always there..he has the most heart on this team. we may not like his shot selection at times but he plays his azz off on both ends of the floor and is usually the one to get us out of a funk like he did yesterday against Miami. Hawks need to work on starting games off the right way, with alot of energy. thats a start. and yes JJ could get some more rest too..Woody plays him too much

That's because Lebron and company come out and puts teams away early. He also gets plenty of rest. Since every game we play is a close one. JJ stays in the game. Also Woodson is running Flip at the 1 instead of the 2. Flip should be giving JJ rest but he is not. SO JJ plays tons of minutes. Unless our team steps up and helps JJ we are going to fail.

I like to look at the Lakers as a better comparison. Kobe doesn't even have to score alot of points to win. Because his teammates score points also. If our role players would play their role and score and our subs are done correctly JJ would be well rested.

• Premium Member
I like to look at the Lakers as a better comparison. Kobe doesn't even have to score alot of points to win. Because his teammates score points also. If our role players would play their role and score and our subs are done correctly JJ would be well rested.

That's because they actually run an offense. We just go iso all game.

So as to clear things before I start:

I love that the Hawks have JJ. I think he is a great player and a quiet

leader of this team. His being on the all star team in the last couple

of years was, I believe, well deserved.

But, right now, looking at the last several games, not just the current

losing streak, JJ doesn't even deserve to be a starter for the Hawks.

Something is wrong with this picture. We don't know what it is. We

have some ideas, but no proof.. Let's look at some things that might

or might not the cause. When we don't know and no one tells us,

all that is left is guess work.

1- JJ has some sort of injury, nagging enough to affect his play but

not enough to stop him.

2- JJ is so overused, he is constantly tired.

3- JJ has a medical condition, causing him to be so tired he feels that

"used up" feeling all the time.

4- Woody is afraid to trust the Hawks team without JJ on the floor.

5- Hawks opponents have figured out JJ and the Hawks game to

the point that they make him ineffective.

6- JJ and / or Woody is pushing too hard for JJ to make the all star

team and are worried he won't make it if he doesn't "stay the course."

7- Something else no one has mentioned or thought about yet.

What ever the reason, obviously it's there. We may never know.

And, whatever the reason, we all just want it to go away or we

want it fixed.

JJ is our all star. He's a great player. But, right now, He's not.

As we knew, Josh wasn't really "Our Josh" when he was trying

to shoot all those long jumpers / 3 pointers and not going inside

and having few dunks, rebounds or blocks.

Whatever the cause or reason, the player we see right now on

the floor is not "Our JJ." Sometimes we feel as if someone has

stolen him and replaced him with a clone.

:computer8:

• Premium Member
Flustration? You bet mrhonline!

I wish we knew what the problem is and we could fix it.

:angel19:

The problem is change! The coaching staff has problems with it...The players and the fan base also have trouble with it. We all know that trying the same thing expecting different result aint too smart! So what the Hawk's coaching staff and the fans need to do is accept change. Like maybe Joe shouldn't take the most shots every game or maybe he shouldn't play the most minutes or we can get really radical and call a play that would set a series of picks to free someone else up for an easy shot. Change my friends is the key to assuring a different outcome!

Edited by Peoriabird