• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Let's Compare Smooth

thecampster

I'm hoping this is fun for you guys and something to think about. What I want you to do is name the player. These are players Josh compares favorably to statistically at his age.

Player 1. At 24 years old he started all 82 games and played 38.4 minutes a game. He scored 16.5 points a game, grabbed 6.7 rebounds, had 5.4 assists, 2.6 steals, 1.2 blocks and turned the ball over 3.39 times a game.

Player 2. At 24 years old he started 80 games and played 34.4 minutes a game. he scored 13.4 points a game, grabbed 7.9 rebounds, had 2.8 assists, 1.2 steals and 1 block while turning the ball over 1.38 times a game.

Player 3. At 24 years old this player started 76 of 80 games for his team and played 33.7 minutes a game. He scored 17.6 ppg, had 6.5 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.1 steal and .8 blocks while comminting 2.48 turnovers.

Player 4. The final player. At 24 years old this player only started 33 of 82 games for his team while playing 28.4 minutes. He scored 13.6 ppg, grabbed 6.8 rebounds, had 1.1 assists, .4 steals, 2.3 blocks while turning the ball over 1.67 times.

Now to make the game easier, what did they all have in common. All went to college. All won an NBA championship and at 24 all were older than Smooth is now.

you got 1.

Are you going back to the 70's and 80's ? Back in the 80's 90% of players went to 4 years in college and may have even red shirted so they could have been 24 in their 2nd season.

Is Paul Gasol one ? Not sure how old he was as a rookie.

Rebounds seem to high for Pierce or Posey. Maybe Rick Fox of the Lakers, he put decent #'s his first few years in Boston or Kevin Willis when he was old and washed up for the Spurs but put up good numbers in Atlanta early in his career. I have got to turn back the clock. I 'd even guess McHale of the Celtics from the early to mid 80's. One could have been James Worthy of the Lakers back in the 80's.

• Premium Member
Player 1. At 24 years old he started all 82 games and played 38.4 minutes a game. He scored 16.5 points a game, grabbed 6.7 rebounds, had 5.4 assists, 2.6 steals, 1.2 blocks and turned the ball over 3.39 times a game.

Scottie Pippen.

Player 2. At 24 years old he started 80 games and played 34.4 minutes a game. he scored 13.4 points a game, grabbed 7.9 rebounds, had 2.8 assists, 1.2 steals and 1 block while turning the ball over 1.38 times a game.

Horace Grant.

Player 3. At 24 years old this player started 76 of 80 games for his team and played 33.7 minutes a game. He scored 17.6 ppg, had 6.5 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.1 steal and .8 blocks while comminting 2.48 turnovers.

James Worthy. Tom Chambers had similar numbers, by the way.

Player 4. The final player. At 24 years old this player only started 33 of 82 games for his team while playing 28.4 minutes. He scored 13.6 ppg, grabbed 6.8 rebounds, had 1.1 assists, .4 steals, 2.3 blocks while turning the ball over 1.67 times.

Kevin McHale

Scottie Pippen.

Horace Grant.

James Worthy. Tom Chambers had similar numbers, by the way.

Kevin McHale

Nice job. Now my question is...since all 4 players were either a 3 or a 4...would you be happy if Josh ended up like any and or all of them.

Would you take any of these 4 starting at 24 years old on your team for the next 5 years?

Nice job. Now my question is...since all 4 players were either a 3 or a 4...would you be happy if Josh ended up like any and or all of them.

Would you take any of these 4 starting at 24 years old on your team for the next 5 years?

here is the comparison. The average stats for these 4 at age 24 is:

16.4 ppg / 6.975 rpg / 2.95 apg / 1.325 Stlpg / 1.325 bpg / 2.23 TO

Here is Josh's numbers this year at age 23:

16.1 ppg / 7.5 rpg / 2.7 apg / 1.4 stlpg / 1.5 bpg / 2.7 to

Almost the exact same as the average of 24 year old pippen, grant, worthy and mchale.