• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jan 28 Vs Knicks Game Thread

JackB1

We havent been playing well lately...AT ALL. Something needs to change. And although I may not be to the point of declaring that we start both Acie AND Flip, I do believe something in the lineup needs to change in order for some messages to be sent. You can't allow guys to get complacent--and I believe there is a fair amount of that right now with our Hawks and our losing ways lately. Smoove and Marv were great, and so was Flip and Zaza (to an extent), but Bibby and much moreso Joe need a kick in the pants. With Bibby and Joe struggling ALL GAME, you cant keep feeding them the rock and expect it to get better. Newsflash: It hasnt for Joe all January! Do something different! If you arent going to bench him, turn him into a decoy and passer-first player to sets up the other hotter guys like Marv and Smoove. Why is this so damn hard to figure out?

Edited by TheTruth

With Bibby and Joe struggling ALL GAME, you cant keep feeding them the rock and expect it to get better. Newsflash: It hasnt for Joe all January! Do something different! If you arent going to bench him, turn him into a decoy and passer-first player to sets up the other hotter guys like Marv and Smoove. Why is this so damn hard to figure out?

I can't help but wonder if the youngsters might think they are growing out of Joe and the team needs to be more balanced offensively. Then throw in Flipper taking a lot of shots and maybe there aren't enough balls to go around? I wouldn't be surprised if there are some locker room issues we aren't privy to.

I mean....I've never been a huge Marvin fan, but it was obvious tonight that the Hawks should have been running plays to get Marvin shots - he was the hot guy - yet they weren't.

OMG... Smoove missing those ft's really messed up the game for us.. But Bibby and Joe need to step up.. We are not going to win many if any games.. with our backcourt sucking like they have for the past few games... If woody would just realize that giving the ball to Joe on every play isn't working.. then maybe the offense would be better.. Until then we will continue to suck...

Marvin has 25 points on 11 shot attempts.

Bibby has 5 pts on 12 shot attempts.

JJ has 13 points on 15 shot attempts.

i think we need to get marvin more shots.

Marvin goes 5 for 10 like every night! You think Woody would find a way to get him more shots.

I think the worst part about last night is that JJ was playing poorly and Woodson still played him 40 minutes. The Hawks would be better off losing with JJ getting rest then losing with him slogging around on the court and not making an impact.

That said, if the old guys are tired, then the young guys, mostly Smoove and Marvin, need to bring it like they mean it and take control. Experience is no longer an issue for either. They both played well last night, but things like passing up open shots and missing free throws remain issues.

The team is 5-7 without Horford. Not saying he'd be the difference in all of the games and we should have been able to win some without him, but I think the impact of his absence is a little understated.

Maybe, on the other hand, the underlying problem with the Hawks lately has been the complete inability of Joe Johnson to make shots and more recently, Mike Bibby as well. Having Al back may have helped out in a couple of these games but as long as Joe and Bibby can't hit the ocean from the beach, any other problems are basically superficial - especially when Josh is playing like a superstar and Marv/Zaza/Flip are doing pretty well themselves.

Edited by crimedog