• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

It's A Perfect Time To Ask This Question

Diesel

Pefect Question  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

What we should do is start diversifying our offense, beginning with considerably more emphasis on the pick and roll. Stop force feeding iso-Joe. Start relying more on your forwards in Josh and Marvin. Absolutely exploit mismatches like if Nate is guarding JJ or Flip. When Joe and Bibby pick it back up, you can give them more but still need to continued developing a more diverse offense.

I would focus on developing some killer pick and roll sets right now. That will help us in the post-season as well as during Joe's slump.

• Premium Member

Hawks are not going anywhere with Bibby playing PG. Do you guys remember how bad he was in last years playoffs? Bibby is a streaky player that shrink when the big boys come around. Trade him for a future draft pick I say. What are you losing really: A horrible defender, a mediocre ball handler, a lazy player (rarely ventures below the 3pt line), and a guy with zero leadership ability. Do even waist time on this joker! Ship Bibby out and ease Acie into the Job of leading this team into the future.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

I voted to trade, but only for another point guard we can build around. I don't know if Acie is the guy or not. My guess now is he is not. But as much as I criticize Bibby, he is a big part of the Hawks turnaround to respectability. I just don't think he's should be the long term answer. He's too inconsistent, expensive and old. Hopefully Sund realizes this team has lacked legit pg play for many years and if he decides to trade Bibby it will be only for another pg like say Ray Felton who could be dealt. If we hand over the team to Acie right at the deadline, we will be taking a serious step back. With Felton, we could actually be better and definitely in better shape for the next several years.

The perfect time to ask this question is when Bibby is coming off a 2 game cold stretch ? LOL !

Why not ask this when he is coming off 2 of his average games where he scores 16 with 6 assist and shoots 44% and 40% for 3's ? These knee jerk reactions being called the appropriate time is..........laughable, as you like to say.

I may consider moving Bibby for a younger PG who is starter worthy, RIGHT NOW. Maybe a guy like Felton but Charlotte does not want to deal Felton, in conference, so he can pay them back for the next 6 years...........The problem is that Bibby is making $15 mill and young PGs don't make nearly that much. A team would want to give us an over paid bum to make the salaries work.

We are likely stuck with Bibby, at least for this year, for better or for worse. Hopefully its for the better. The teams "anchor", Al Horford, will be back soon and this 3 game losing streak will be a distant memory.

The perfect time to ask this question is when Bibby is coming off a 2 game cold stretch ? LOL !

Why not ask this when he is coming off 2 of his average games where he scores 16 with 6 assist and shoots 44% and 40% for 3's ? These knee jerk reactions being called the appropriate time is..........laughable, as you like to say.

Yep.

• Premium Member

Actually, coach, what made it the perfect time is that we have seen Bibby at his best and at his worst AND the trade deadline draws near...

If you recall, this question had been asked at the beginning of the season with only Bibby's 15 Million dollar ending contract being the major factor, now, we have seen him both at his best and worst. Most people should know that I'm for keeping Bibby, not just through this year, but resigning him at a reasonable rate for the next 4 years... However, today is a perfect day to stick our finger in the air and see what the Hawks fans think...

By the way, your anti-dieselness... Is Laughable!!!

:nono:

What should we do?

I doubt there is a trade available for Bibby before the deadline that would improve the team this season. If there is a deal that could improve the team in the long run then it may be worthwhile but I highly doubt they make a move involving Bibby given the teams current record - despite recent slumping.

Actually, coach, what made it the perfect time is that we have seen Bibby at his best and at his worst AND the trade deadline draws near...

If you recall, this question had been asked at the beginning of the season with only Bibby's 15 Million dollar ending contract being the major factor, now, we have seen him both at his best and worst. Most people should know that I'm for keeping Bibby, not just through this year, but resigning him at a reasonable rate for the next 4 years... However, today is a perfect day to stick our finger in the air and see what the Hawks fans think...

By the way, your anti-dieselness... Is Laughable!!!

:nono:

I think that's fair.

P.S. Bibby is 6-42 from the field, 4-21 from 3's and 4-9 from the ft line in last 4 games. :brick wall:

Edited by Murat1

• Premium Member
I think that's fair.

P.S. Bibby is 6-42 from the field, 4-21 from 3's and 4-9 from the ft line in last 4 games. :brick wall:

I don't think Bibby is our problem. I think a lack of an offensive gameplan is our problem. I think Joe and Bibby could be a great combo... I would just like to see our offense with a different coach. Hell, even Sam Mitchell could do a better job of structuring an offense. But like I say, Del Harris is an assistant somewhere... we should call him!

I don't think Bibby is our problem. I think a lack of an offensive gameplan is our problem. I think Joe and Bibby could be a great combo... I would just like to see our offense with a different coach. Hell, even Sam Mitchell could do a better job of structuring an offense. But like I say, Del Harris is an assistant somewhere... we should call him!

I agree, I mean we have Smoove who is a good finisher around the rim and has developed a back to basket game. Horford can finish around the basket and has a decent jump shot. Marvin can shoot lights out, but we just have to get him open.

Why not set multiple screens to get Marvin open?

We can do pick and rolls with Bibby+Al, Bibby+Smoove. Bibby+Joe, or we can do pick and pop with Marvin. There is plenty of options we just have to execute it. We need a offensive minded assistant coach.

• Premium Member
I agree, I mean we have Smoove who is a good finisher around the rim and has developed a back to basket game. Horford can finish around the basket and has a decent jump shot. Marvin can shoot lights out, but we just have to get him open.

Why not set multiple screens to get Marvin open?

We can do pick and rolls with Bibby+Al, Bibby+Smoove. Bibby+Joe, or we can do pick and pop with Marvin. There is plenty of options we just have to execute it. We need a offensive minded assistant coach.

I think what will happen is that Horf will come back, our defense will improve and we will win games.... but we won't address our offensive problems. I think the good is that Smoove is starting to show that he can be consistent and make good decision.

I don't think Bibby is our problem. I think a lack of an offensive gameplan is our problem. I think Joe and Bibby could be a great combo...

Its not anti-dieselness. I just think your dead wrong ! Plus you lied and made up stuff you fabricated me saying in another thread. I wil not fall to that level. Honestly, I should not expect anythong more out of you. You are who I thought you were, as Dennis Green would say.

Last night Bibby and JJ both having off shooting nights was the problem and JackB1 said the same thing in a thread earlier and we was spot on.

Bibby was missing wide open shots. Nothing wrong with last nights game plan. Players were moving very well without the ball and recognizing matchup advantages:

1. going to Flip in the post repeatedly with little Nate on him. Smart coaching and recognition !

2. Letting Marvin drive around the slow footed Galarani. Smart coaching to recognize your matchup advantages

3. Posting up Smith in the paint repeatedly. What we wanted to see for the last 4 years !

4. Good ball movement off JJ's double teams in the post.

5. Hawks scored between 15 -20 fastbreak points off Knicks turnovers (running when the oppurtunity presented itself).

That looks like a good gameplan to me !

We shot 53% from the FT line and Bibby shot 15% from the field while JJ shot 33% and was 0-4 from 3. That has nothing to do with the game plan, the shots they were missing were wide open. It was just a bad shooting night.

Edited by coachx

Its not anti-dieselness. I just think your dead wrong ! Plus you lied and made up stuff you fabricated me saying in another thread. I wil not fall to that level. Honestly, I should not expect anythong more out of you. You are who I thought you were, as Dennis Green would say.

Last night Bibby and JJ both having off shooting nights was the problem and JackB1 said the same thing in a thread earlier and we was spot on.

Bibby was missing wide open shots. Nothing wrong with last nights game plan. Players were moving very well without the ball and recognizing matchup advantages:

1. going to Flip in the post repeatedly with little Nate on him. Smart coaching and recognition !

2. Letting Marvin drive around the slow footed Galarani. Smart coaching to recognize your matchup advantages

3. Posting up Smith in the paint repeatedly. What we wanted to see for the last 4 years !

4. Good ball movement off JJ's double teams in the post.

5. Hawks scored between 15 -20 fastbreak points off Knicks turnovers (running when the oppurtunity presented itself).

That looks like a good gameplan to me !

We shot 53% from the FT line and Bibby shot 15% from the field while JJ shot 33% and was 0-4 from 3. That has nothing to do with the game plan, the shots they were missing were wide open. It was just a bad shooting night.

Great post. Free throws killed us. And the good thing coming out of this is that on an off night for JJ and Bibby, Marvin and Smoove go for almost 60. With Flip pumping in another 20. I honestly think if we can get everybody going at the same time we could crack that top 3 in the conference. Hands down our starting 5 plus Flip or Evans when they are on, can out score anybody.

I wouldn't mind Sam Mitchell at all..i'll pass on Del Harris tho. Sam would make us run, run, run because we don't seem to be running enough

• Premium Member

First and foremost, the record is there for all to see. In fact, i have addressed it for you. If I make the point that the Hawks have increased in value and you go out of your way to try to prove me wrong, I think it means that you were against the point.... So when I bring up that you were against the point, don't flip flop like a dying fish and say that I'm putting words in your mouth. I'm not who you thought I was... I'm Diesel. To you, I should be a beacon of truth. If you haven't figure it out yet, I stand behind my words and I don't run around all millie-mouthed trying to make up stuff. I call it like I see it.

I think what will happen is that Horf will come back, our defense will improve and we will win games.... but we won't address our offensive problems. I think the good is that Smoove is starting to show that he can be consistent and make good decision.

Our offense is fine when we're healthy. We've proven that we can beat or almost beat any team in the league. We're missing Horford which has obviously hurt us but more than anything our guys are just exhausted. Woody has failed to use his bench properly and our entire team is showing that they are tired as poor FT shooting is often a sign of fatigue.