• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Smith in January

exodus

Smith averaged 18.6 ppg shooting 53.6% in January. he would have averaged more pts if he didn't shoot so horribly from the ft line (50.6%). Still that is a big month from him. He is shooting 49% on the season.

He only attempted 2 three pointers in his last 10 games and both were in a blowout loss.

His rebounding is starting to pick up. Over the last 8 games Smith is averaging 10.75 rebounds per game. He is also starting to block shots again. I would guess that after the AS break he will be 100%.

His faults are so glaring that it is easy to focus too much on them and ignore how productive he really is.

Smith averaged 18.6 ppg shooting 53.6% in January. he would have averaged more pts if he didn't shoot so horribly from the ft line (50.6%). Still that is a big month from him. He is shooting 49% on the season.

He only attempted 2 three pointers in his last 10 games and both were in a blowout loss.

His rebounding is starting to pick up. Over the last 8 games Smith is averaging 10.75 rebounds per game. He is also starting to block shots again. I would guess that after the AS break he will be 100%.

His faults are so glaring that it is easy to focus too much on them and ignore how productive he really is.

Yeah, Smoove has been playing great as of late. It is good to see his head in the game and his interior production going up. Lets just hope he continues this when Big Al comes back tonight and/or in big games. But major props to the man! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Good post. Glad to see Smith is focusing on playing like PF should. We will need a big scoring night out of him tonight. Craig Smith and Love are both bigger guys but much slower who Smith will be facing most of the night. They play Gomes alot tonight, he seems to be better matchup vs. Smoove.

Horford will be nice to have to bang with Jefferson in the paint. Jefferson would eat ZaZa for lunch down there.

Those are some nice numbers. Smith is playing within himself, finally

You also have to wonder how bad that ankle sprain was for him to be so off early and now to be so much better.

Hopefully, Horford can come back and get similar results. I would take 11 ppg and 10 rbg :)

• Moderators
Those are some nice numbers. Smith is playing within himself, finally

You also have to wonder how bad that ankle sprain was for him to be so off early and now to be so much better.

Agreed. Nice post reminding us of how well Josh can play when focused and it is nice seeing him return to health - as most noted on the boards and with blocked shots.

Yet, the team has tanked. I knew he wasn't as valuable as people thought he was.

The team "tanked" yet they are still in 4th place in the East, 7 games over .500.

It isn't Smiths fault that Horford got hurt or that JJ went into a slump. This is a thin team and they are going to struggle whenever one of the starters is out or playing poorly.

The team "tanked" yet they are still in 4th place in the East, 7 games over .500.

It isn't Smiths fault that Horford got hurt or that JJ went into a slump. This is a thin team and they are going to struggle whenever one of the starters is out or playing poorly.

I'm not meaning to say it's all his fault. But alot of people thought everything was just going to get better when he came back. He's obviously not a bad player. Not close. But he's not quite the impact player that people act like he was.

The team "tanked" yet they are still in 4th place in the East, 7 games over .500

7 games over .500 is not very good. It's just not. They're only 7 games over .500 with a big road month coming up this month. Their run as 4th seed is about to come to an end. And they only have themselves to blame. Not giving efforts in the first period of games and losing to the likes of Golden State, NY and the Bucks. They've done nearly lost their season. They'll land 6th-8th seed. But it's not like that counts for alot. Somebody has to make the playoffs in the east. Heck, with Philly playing the way they are, it's not a lock that they'll finish with the 6th spot.

Why respond to him?

Yeah, why bother when you can always continue to believe the fairy tale that this "team" is actually good? I'm being fair to Josh. But when the team started to struggle after the 6-0 start, people thought the problems will be solved when Josh got back. This is a deeply flawed team that has won a number of games playing bad basketball but are starting to lose these games instead of winning them.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Yeah, why bother when you can always continue to believe the fairy tale that this "team" is actually good? I'm being fair to Josh. But when the team started to struggle after the 6-0 start, people thought the problems will be solved when Josh got back. This is a deeply flawed team that has won a number of games playing bad basketball but are starting to lose these games instead of winning them.

When they were struggling after their start the other starters were playing well. Smith's absense that was obvious reason for several losses. JJ and Bibby were playing well at that time. Now, not so much.

It is a given that this team has flaws. However if Smith ever gets his head in the game he can be a legit star and that is what the Hawks need.

Other than blocking shots at his usual rate, I don't know what more we can ask of Smoove of late. The key is to have him keep producing at the same rate, get Al back healthy and to get JJ and Bibby back on track.

Marv and Flip have been very good lately as well. Marv averaged 14/7, 47% fg, 39% 3pfg in January. Flip averaged 14 ppg, 52%fg, 40% 3pfg in January. If those two can consistently do that (and both have done even better in the last 10), we should be able to win consistently when Al (and Jj and Bibby of course) gets back on track.

Other than blocking shots at his usual rate, I don't know what more we can ask of Smoove of late. The key is to have him keep producing at the same rate, get Al back healthy and to get JJ and Bibby back on track.

Marv and Flip have been very good lately as well. Marv averaged 14/7, 47% fg, 39% 3pfg in January. Flip averaged 14 ppg, 52%fg, 40% 3pfg in January. If those two can consistently do that (and both have done even better in the last 10), we should be able to win consistently when Al (and Jj and Bibby of course) gets back on track.

Maybe make a FT? A simple thing that every pro player should probably do.

I just hope it bothers him and he is going in early and staying late to try to correct it.

If you watched the game last night you could see it was bothering him. they panned to him several times after missed foul shots and it didn't take a lip reader to see he was cussing constantly.