• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Last House On The Left Trailer

Admin

I have a place for horror movies. The original is complete trash. It's surprising that Wes Craven got another shot considering how bad the original is. I think this remake will be a better movie. Have you watched the original Dolfan? It's extremely amateurish.

Nope I've never seen the original, I didn't even know there was one. This one has a pretty decent B list cast (the bad guy from Ghost, super hot Monica Potter, one of the Terminators from the Sarah Connor chronicles, etc) so I'm hopeful, but it's been a while since I've seen a Wes Craven movie that I really enjoyed so hopefully it's not just the soundtrack to the trailer that is making this seem so appealing to me.

By the way sorry guys I didn't realize this trailer auto plays, there doesn't seem to be an entry in the code to disable it either so I'll try to find a different one.

Nope I've never seen the original, I didn't even know there was one. This one has a pretty decent B list cast (the bad guy from Ghost, super hot Monica Potter, one of the Terminators from the Sarah Connor chronicles, etc) so I'm hopeful, but it's been a while since I've seen a Wes Craven movie that I really enjoyed so hopefully it's not just the soundtrack to the trailer that is making this seem so appealing to me.

By the way sorry guys I didn't realize this trailer auto plays, there doesn't seem to be an entry in the code to disable it either so I'll try to find a different one.

Red Eye is alright, but it's FAR below Nightmare on Elm Street, Scream, Shocker and The People Under the Stairs. It's fairly routine but entertaining movie starring Racheal Adams and the dude from 28 Days Later.

t21329pvo5g.jpg

The original Last House on the Left is sort of a remake off the late 50's movie "The Virgin Spring" starring Max Von Sydow (The Exorcist). Last House was Cravens first movie back in 1972. The acting in Last House is some of the worst I've ever seen in a movie. In fact, most of the cast hasn't appeared in another movie. It has rape scenes mixed with strange attempts at comic relief with hippy background music. You can't really mix rape scenes with Smokey and the Bandit type of humor and expect it to work. You haven't missed anything by not watching it.

It's often considered a cult classic, but I'd say it's complete trash.

Red Eye is alright, but it's FAR below Nightmare on Elm Street, Scream, Shocker and The People Under the Stairs. It's fairly routine but entertaining movie starring Racheal Adams and the dude from 28 Days Later.

The original Last House on the Left is sort of a remake off the late 50's movie "The Virgin Spring" starring Max Von Sydow (The Exorcist). Last House was Cravens first movie back in 1972. The acting in Last House is some of the worst I've ever seen in a movie. In fact, most of the cast hasn't appeared in another movie. It has rape scenes mixed with strange attempts at comic relief with hippy background music. You can't really mix rape scenes with Smokey and the Bandit type of humor and expect it to work. You haven't missed anything by not watching it.

It's often considered a cult classic, but I'd say it's complete trash.

Yeah I've seen Red Eye and while I'm a fan of Rachel McAdams I didn't like the movie very much.

I misunderstood you earlier though as I thought you were saying Wes Craven directed this remake but luckily it's not him it's directed by Dennis Iliadis who I don't have a clue about but I'm hopeful. The Wes Craven version sounds pretty awful.

Yeah I've seen Red Eye and while I'm a fan of Rachel McAdams I didn't like the movie very much.

I misunderstood you earlier though as I thought you were saying Wes Craven directed this remake but luckily it's not him it's directed by Dennis Iliadis who I don't have a clue about but I'm hopeful. The Wes Craven version sounds pretty awful.

You may think I sound picky... I don't like using IMDB for opinions, but read some of the opinions on that board:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068833/board/threads/