• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Do you give 100% everyday?

NineOhTheRino

Well Do You?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

So they don't play hard all the time. Is it really that far of a stretch? Do you go into work everyday determined to give your all. And I know these guys are paid millions but they are human. I can truly say that Joe is the only player giving 100% every night. Those other guys are probably averaging 65% which is pretty good when compared to my workplace. Let's just hope 65% can get this team into the playoffs.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member
So why does Joe get a pass and nobody else?

Joe usually has to guard the other teams best offensive player and carry this team in scoring.

So they don't play hard all the time. Is it really that far of a stretch? Do you go into work everyday determined to give your all. And I know these guys are paid millions but they are human. I can truly say that Joe is the only player giving 100% every night. Those other guys are probably averaging 65% which is pretty good when compared to my workplace. Let's just hope 65% can get this team into the playoffs.

These guys only play 82 games a year, and if they are lucky, a few more. I think that most people put in at least 82 quality days at the office, and most of them aren't making millions to do so with professional staff available to deal with your bumps and bruses.

For one, not sure Joe should get a pass.

Two, when I gotta be "on" I am. The Hawks don't play games every day nor do they play them all day on the days that they have them.

If I work a 60 hour week and only have to really bust my balls for 16 of those hours, then I get a $100k paycheck every payday (assuming I'm Mo Evans), then yeah, I'd bust my *ss those 16 hours.

They definitely tanked it in that LAC game.

Not to make excuses but I think the big 3 being so much better in the standings than everyone else kind of makes it hard to give it their all. I mean we are locked in that 4 spot.

Then again I shouldn't say locked in because we could fall to 5 or even 6. But the point is there is that ceiling.

I think some of you guys are short-changing what an NBA player goes through over the course of a season by breaking it down to just game time or minutes played.

These guys can't really live a life outside of their jobs in-season because there is no clean, distinguishable line between work and home life. They are constantly in film study, practice, or traveling to some remote location during all hours of the day and night.

Sure, they may only play 3 games a week or so but they are constantly around each other - eating, breathing, sleeping basketball. They are bouncing around city to city and live alot of life out of hotels. Add to all of that the pressure-cooker that they are in as NBA players - subject to constant criticism from fans and self-anointed media "experts" that all have an opinion on how they could be performing better.

Most of us have this fantasy of what NBA life is like and how incredible it would be to get paid big money to play a game (and it is a privilege, no doubt), but it is a very stressful job and is very much a grind.

I know when I played professionally every year at the end of my season I was physically, mentally and emotionally drained and that was in about a 50 game season with not nearly the scrutiny and stress these guys are under.

Think about all the ish Marvin gets and has gotten even though he has developed into a productive NBA player. Yikes.

We don't get paid millions of bucks to go out there for 10-30 minutes 2 or 3 nights a week.

• Premium Member
NBA players are paid millions to play a game for less than an hour 82 days a year.

no argument there but to think that anyone can give give 100% every time out is crazy. Even the greats (Tiger, MJ, Bird, Magic...) takes a day off every now and then.

no argument there but to think that anyone can give give 100% every time out is crazy. Even the greats (Tiger, MJ, Bird, Magic...) takes a day off every now and then.

Whenever anyone on our team accomplishes 1/20 of what those guys accomplished they can take a day off every now and then.