• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

JO/Moon sent to Heat for Marion/Banks

Admin

• Admin
great trade for the Heat.

This makes me worried. J.O. gives them that tough inside presence they've needed. BUT, to get Jamario Moon is a huge plus as a role player.

I like the Moon part of the trade but JO is a way overpaid decent big guy now a days. It does open it up for Beasly to start though.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3905146

The Toronto Raptors have agreed to send Jermaine O'Neal and Jamario Moon to the Miami Heat in exchange for Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks, league sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

The deal is pending league approval, according to league sources.

Good trade for Heat, not so good for Raptors. JO will help out regardless of how washed up he may seen. Him and Wade should do fine and adding Moon makes it even better.

Raptors dont need Banks, they have Calderon and Ukir(i htink thats his name) and Marion aint gonna make them that much better. Looks like we will playing the Heat in the playoffs.

At least they didnt get Amare..phewwww lol

• Admin
Good trade for Heat, not so good for Raptors. JO will help out regardless of how washed up he may seen. Him and Wade should do fine and adding Moon makes it even better.

Raptors dont need Banks, they have Calderon and Ukir(i htink thats his name) and Marion aint gonna make them that much better. Looks like we will playing the Heat in the playoffs.

At least they didnt get Amare..phewwww lol

Well the Heat lost their best defender and Toronto shed the second worst contract in the NBA (Marbury has the worst) for a player that is not really contributing that much and is injured all the time. I do like the pickup of Moon for them though.

Marion will fit Toronto better as Bargs has been playing well at Center lately (Bosh/Marion/Bargs up front) and they can either resign him or lose his contract value at the end of the season. WHile the Heat have to give O'Neal 20+ million next year.

Good trade for TO if you ask me.

I didn't know JO made 20 mil. That is a horrible contract.

On a side note Marion makes 17 mil. Who gave these guys these absurd contracts? Atleast O'neal was a perenial 20/10 guy until he just fell off the map which is a little worrisome considering he's still just 30 years old.

Edited by uga2006

• Admin
I didn't know JO made 20 mil. That is a horrible contract.

23 actually and it is for another season. If he actually contributed it would not be that bad but the injuries over the years (and he is extremely injury prone) has completely taken his game away from him.

23 actually and it is for another season. If he actually contributed it would not be that bad but the injuries over the years (and he is extremely injury prone) has completely taken his game away from him.

Heat needed to make a move. Marion is their best defender but O'Neal is a solid shotblocker and defender inside and gives them that defensive aspect.

The thing with that contract is that the Heat have a pretty good revenue base and JO gets off the books before '10.

• Moderators

Bad trade for the Heat. O'Neal is vastly overrated and overpaid. They should have kept the cap space or at a bare minimum traded for Boozer, IMO. At least he is good when healthy.

What kind of "inside" player has these FG%s?

2006-08: .436

2007-08: .439

2008-09: .473

Do I trust that if I am Miami? Heck no!

Edited by AHF

I am more concerned with the Heat right now since they are tied for 5th place.

The Raptors definatley look better right now but will they look to resign Marion ? Marion is he type of athletic wing they have lacked for years. Too bad they get him at 31. More time for Bargani to play in the post now. He needs to step up.

Beasley will now have the path cleared for 35 mpg with Marion out of the way in Miami. Can O'Neal stay healthy in Miami ? If he and Haslem stay healthy they can do some dirty work while Wade and Beasley handle the scoring load.

• Admin
Bad trade for the Heat. O'Neal is vastly overrated and overpaid. They should have kept the cap space or at a bare minimum traded for Boozer, IMO. At least he is good when healthy.

What kind of "inside" player has these FG%s?

2006-08: .436

2007-08: .439

2008-09: .473

Do I trust that if I am Miami? Heck no!

Yup unless he starts playing like he did 4 years ago. I don't think they improved themselves.

• Premium Member

Miami will improve if JO is healthy. He's still a good player and gives them what they needed, and they get to free up time for Beasley. What's more, they just cleared even more room for 2010.

Toronto is tanking, unless they hold out hope that Marion will re-sign there for a decent price next year.

Miami will improve if JO is healthy. He's still a good player and gives them what they needed, and they get to free up time for Beasley. What's more, they just cleared even more room for 2010.

Toronto is tanking, unless they hold out hope that Marion will re-sign there for a decent price next year.

Provided JO can stay on the court, this lineup

Chalmers/Quinn

Wade/Cook

Moon/Beasley

Haslem/Beasley

JO/Haslem

is better than the one they are currently fielding as Moon gives you the same sort of production as Marion, just worse but JO gives you more production inside than anyone the Heat had before and it gives their second best scorer more time on the floor.

Getting Moon was a nice little pull.