• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Falcons to trade Vick

uga2006

that might be the intentions, but I doubt we get anything for him.

Exactly what I thought. No one in their right mind would trade for that contract. It's wishful thinking, but the only way we trade Vick is if we restructure his contract and then trade him. If Michael Vick were to be signed right now, he would be lucky to get more than the veteran minimum - that's how long his value is right now.

Exactly what I thought. No one in their right mind would trade for that contract. It's wishful thinking, but the only way we trade Vick is if we restructure his contract and then trade him. If Michael Vick were to be signed right now, he would be lucky to get more than the veteran minimum - that's how long his value is right now.

I meant low not long... damn I can't edit anymore. :computer8:

From Rotoworld:

Bucs GM Mark Dominik said his team will not be pursuing QB Michael Vick this offseason.

They may still in the market for a quarterback to compete with Luke McCown, but this is no longer the Jon Gruden Bucs. The new regime is expected to take a low-key approach with character being a stronger priority.

I wouldn't expect the Bucs to trade for Vick anyways. Besides, don't they have Josh Johnson from San Diego designated as their "future" signal caller?

It wouldn't make much sense to take on such a lucrative contract anyways...

Again, from Rotoworld:

The Falcons can't release Vick until he's reinstated by the NFL.

This posting by the Falcons I think is a PR move. It was designed to indicate to all Falcon fans that Vick isn't coming back even if he gets reinstated.

From a football side, no GM in his right mind would trade for that contract right now. But then again, there is Al Davis...

• Moderators

These aren't the teams that would be targets for Vick anyway. Detroit is going to draft a franchise QB at the top of the draft. Why would they take a huge gamble on Vick?

The type of team that will gamble on Vick will be a team that is already between mediocre and good and won't be getting a slam dunk franchise QB in the draft like the Vikings, Jets, Chiefs, Raiders (b/c ownership will gamble), Bears, 49ers, etc. They also need to be a team that could take a PR hit and keep going (unlike the Lions) if things went downhill.

I would not be surprised by seeing someone willing to take a shot on Vick. He seems like he would be a perfect Raider to me - big name, ultra-athletic, can throw the long ball, etc.

Rotoworld...

Coach Mike Singletary wouldn't rule out the possibility of acquiring Michael Vick in the 49ers' state of the franchise address Monday night.

Singletary did indicate that Vick won't be pursued if they keep Alex Smith. Still, the Niners are the first team to actually seem open about adding Vick. Even team president Jed York conceded "We'd talk about it...it's up to them to show that somebody who's had issues in the past can be a part of this team," though York added that he "doubt(s) that would happen."

Still not sure how their GM wants that contract... but hey at least someone's interested.

Rotoworld...

Still not sure how their GM wants that contract... but hey at least someone's interested.

I would have to think that they are thinking after MV7 is released. Why would you trade for that cap-killing contract? Maybe they are expecting the cap to disappear...

• Moderators
I would have to think that they are thinking after MV7 is released. Why would you trade for that cap-killing contract? Maybe they are expecting the cap to disappear...

Or for him to redo the contract.

"After seeming open to the possibility in their state of the franchise presser Monday night, the 49ers released a statement Tuesday saying they "are not interested in Michael Vick."

The statement came via club spokesman after San Francisco apparently got nervous its Monday comments would be construed as tampering. Vick remains under contract with the Falcons, and the Niners forfeited a fifth-round pick in 2008 for tampering with Lance Briggs. Four teams have now publicly denied any interest in Vick: the Jets, Lions, Bucs, and 49ers. Feb. 17 - 11:01 pm et"

http://rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.asp...L&hl=139409

• Moderators
"After seeming open to the possibility in their state of the franchise presser Monday night, the 49ers released a statement Tuesday saying they "are not interested in Michael Vick."

The statement came via club spokesman after San Francisco apparently got nervous its Monday comments would be construed as tampering. Vick remains under contract with the Falcons, and the Niners forfeited a fifth-round pick in 2008 for tampering with Lance Briggs. Four teams have now publicly denied any interest in Vick: the Jets, Lions, Bucs, and 49ers. Feb. 17 - 11:01 pm et"

http://rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.asp...L&hl=139409

That puts all statements denying interest in a slightly different light.