• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Pick your slam dunk Champions

Diesel

Pick your Slam Dunk Champion  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 guys?

gotta have doc J. That is the least debatable.

Nique, Jordan, VC would be the other 3 I guess.

Richardson is a fantastic contest dunker though. Some of his stuff was unreal, but I don't like him as much as those 4.

Other guys, like Thompson or Dawkins would be a lot of fun to watch but they weren't as epic of contest dunkers like these dudes.

• Moderators
4 guys?

gotta have doc J. That is the least debatable.

Nique, Jordan, VC would be the other 3 I guess.

Richardson is a fantastic contest dunker though. Some of his stuff was unreal, but I don't like him as much as those 4.

Other guys, like Thompson or Dawkins would be a lot of fun to watch but they weren't as epic of contest dunkers like these dudes.

Nique, MJ, VC are the big 3 for me and Dr. J probably completes the big 4.

• Moderators

This reminds me. I saw on sportscenter at lunch the top 10 dunk competition dunks and JOSH SMITH GOT FRIGGIN SNUBBED. Not in the top 10? Dwight's superman non-dunk was like 5 or something. And of course Dr. J's was up there. Hey dudes. Josh did that same dunk only he jumped over somebody and made it all the way to the rim!!!! I'll see if I can find the link. Maybe someone already posted this. If so. sorry.

here it is

dunk

Edited by macdaddy

This reminds me. I saw on sportscenter at lunch the top 10 dunk competition dunks and JOSH SMITH GOT FRIGGIN SNUBBED. Not in the top 10? Dwight's superman non-dunk was like 5 or something. And of course Dr. J's was up there. Hey dudes. Josh did that same dunk only he jumped over somebody and made it all the way to the rim!!!! I'll see if I can find the link. Maybe someone already posted this. If so. sorry.

here it is

dunk

Oh yeah, Josh gets snubbed in those things. The 05' dunk contest has been better than any since. Amare and Josh had some amazing stuff and JR Smith wasn't a slouch himself.

Some of those dunks Josh did, like the KMart one and the 360 reverse, are just unreal.

I'd go far as to say that Smith's 05 competition was the 3rd best performance since the 80s. Rider had some sweet stuff but I don't think it matches up on the whole, I think that since Jordan/Nique, Smith is the 3rd best after Richardson and VC.

Edited by crimedog