• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Flip's Out

Chris18

Flip's out for the first two games of the road trip.

The Hawks will have to play the first two games without sixth man Flip Murray, who will not be with the team due to a family emergency.

“That’s going to make things tougher because Flip is a big part of what we do and a huge factor for us off the bench,” Hawks coach Mike Woodson said Saturday. “But we’ve had to play without guys all year in some capacity and we’ve always found a way to dig in and compete. So that’s what we’ll have to do now

Acie's going to have to step up if we want to beat the Lakers.

• Admin

The Hawks will have to play the first two games without sixth man Flip Murray, who will not be with the team due to a family emergency.

"That's going to make things tougher because Flip is a big part of what we do and a huge factor for us off the bench," Hawks coach Mike Woodson said Saturday. "But we've had to play without guys all year in some capacity and we've always found a way to dig in and compete. So that's what we'll have to do now

Evans plays better when he is playing SG too.

“That’s going to make things tougher because Flip is a big part of what we do and a huge factor for us off the bench,” Hawks coach Mike Woodson said Saturday. “But we’ve had to play without guys all year in some capacity and we’ve always found a way to dig in and compete. So that’s what we’ll have to do now

Beating the Lakers would be tough with everyone playing. Without Flip it is going to be really tough considering how well he has been playing lately.

Fortunately Bynum is out and he would be a major matchup problem for us.

• Premium Member

It's Acie time to shine now. It's all on him. I Hate it takes something bad happening to Flip and fam to get this started though.

• Premium Member
Beating the Lakers would be tough with everyone playing. Without Flip it is going to be really tough considering how well he has been playing lately.

Fortunately Bynum is out and he would be a major matchup problem for us.

Will just be another excuse to play the starters 45 minutes per game!

I think Woody will personally challenge Acie tonight to step his game up. If he doesn't . . . can't blame that on the coach.

Like I started to say with Salim in year 2 and 3 . . . at some point, the PLAYER has to step up and play consistently. In the NBA, you have to be ready, no matter what.

Notice that when Solo is called upon to play, he's done a decent job. The same has to go for Acie. I'm a huge Acie supporter, but it's time for the kid to step up . . in a BIG way.

It's Acie time to shine now. It's all on him. I Hate it takes something bad happening to Flip and fam to get this started though.

I agree. Relying on Mo Evans is never good. Flips had a career year and is our scoring off the bench. This could really hurt us as we have no one off the bench who can score.

I agree. Relying on Mo Evans is never good. Flips had a career year and is our scoring off the bench. This could really hurt us as we have no one off the bench who can score.

While I'm not overwhelmingly impressed with Mo this season, I believe that we are something like 9-1 when he starts so even though he's not starting tonight it seems that we do well when he gets big minutes.

Hopefully this is one of those games where we shoot lights out from 3. It would be nice for Joe to somewhat neutralize Kobe. Don't let Fisher kill us from 3. Don't let Gasol shoot 90% from the field and score 30+ points. Avoid Odom's occasional monster game. Horford grab 20 boards again. Josh and Marvin ATTACK! Don't turn the ball over and let them beat us in transition.

Easy enough.