• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We should trade Smoove during the Offseason.

Diesel

Wow... You do realize that this sort of stuff it tracked on espn.com and all you have to do is click on Josh Smith's name to realize that he scores 15.5 in wins and 15.6 in losses (and don't forget, his ankle injury came in a win where he had scored 6 points in 11 minutes which means that if he had played another 20, those numbers would probably be exactly even).

Maybe you are on to something though, you can make much more convincing arguments if you just make stuff up.

On +/-, its fair to say that this shouldn't be used as the definitive, but it should definitely be examined. With Duncan and the Spurs, there is a pretty clear reason why Duncan's +/- is poor on D, he plays a lot of small ball with defensively inept wings and backcourt players whereas the backup squad pretty much all have weak offensive numbers and big defensive numbers.

With Horford, as far as I can tell he gets hurt from a) playing with mediocre perimeter defenders in the starting unit (Bibby is awful, Joe often coasts, and Marv is very up and down) and b) gets hurt from being one of the two backups to Josh Smith who has a huge impact on our team defensively.

If anyone can dispute that, I'd like to hear a better explaination, otherwise I do think it damages the movement that the team might somehow be better off keeping Horford and moving Smith. I'm with mrh though, why move either unless someone comes to us with the right deal?

I actually think Horford would be a great guy to come off the bench behind Josh and some big lug. Thing about it, he's versatile, not particulalry strong at offense or defense but certainly not weak, he does his best when he's playing with energy and grabbing rebounds and he'd be able to more effectively do that off the bench... maybe its just me seeing things wierd.

I stand corrected, thanks for pointing that out. I wasn't making stuff up as I stated. Saw it in a thread here but didn't confirm it. Glad I got a genius like you to point it out for me.

Edited by BeeSwatter

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it...

Money is going to be tight.

Needs are going to be long.

We should look into moving Smoove as soon as his BYC1 Status is gone. We have to think about Resigning Joe and Horf.

IF we keep Marv, Smoove has to go. Period. The log jam is tiresome. His freelancing is getting old. Maybe we should think about what we can get for him now that he has a good contract.

I couldn't agree with you more!