• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Let's Face It - Joe Has a Low BBall I.Q.

JackB1

Sometimes Joe is almost as dumb as Smoove. Yeah, I said it. He has loads of natural ability and yet doesn't recognize how to use it to best suit the team. He had 5 turnovers last night and he continues to dribble/dribble/dribble in traffic or when double teamed. He is almost instoppable in the lane, but only goes there when the mood strikes him. He should be driving more and drawing more fouls.

You ever hear Joe on post game interviews? He doesn't strike me as too bright. He will also answer the same....."We just need to be more aggresive"......He never shows any basketball smarts...on the court or off. He will continue to jack up shots, even when he knows he's off. I saw one game last year when he drove to the hoop almost every time he had the ball and he was unstoppable. Next game.....back to jump shots.

Joe is a great player.....but his brain keeps him down. Just like Smoove.

Joe, Bibby and Flip play very well together. So well that we have become a jump shooting team. Joe does go into funks but not as bad as Smoove and he is not as foolish as Smoove. He does need to drive alot more, he settles for jumpers way too often.

• Admin
Sometimes Joe is almost as dumb as Smoove. Yeah, I said it. He has loads of natural ability and yet doesn't recognize how to use it to best suit the team. He had 5 turnovers last night and he continues to dribble/dribble/dribble in traffic or when double teamed. He is almost instoppable in the lane, but only goes there when the mood strikes him. He should be driving more and drawing more fouls.

You ever hear Joe on post game interviews? He doesn't strike me as too bright. He will also answer the same....."We just need to be more aggresive"......He never shows any basketball smarts...on the court or off. He will continue to jack up shots, even when he knows he's off. I saw one game last year when he drove to the hoop almost every time he had the ball and he was unstoppable. Next game.....back to jump shots.

Joe has a very high bbiq. To say he is dumb as Smith is crazy. They both get a lot of turnovers yes but the types of turnovers are very different. Smith's turnovers are ones that most people would not make. Joe makes a lot because he is the focus of the opposing teams defense and is under more pressure from the other team.

Joe has a very high bbiq. To say he is dumb as Smith is crazy. They both get a lot of turnovers yes but the types of turnovers are very different. Smith's turnovers are ones that most people would not make. Joe makes a lot because he is the focus of the opposing teams defense and is under more pressure from the other team.

Amen to that. Let another team double and TRIPLE Smoove all game and see how many points and assists he can manage.

Finally, someone who dislike's Joe's game as much as I do. Speak it from the mountaintop!

At 1:40 before the half, Kevin Martin, who is not known for his defense, totally bottled up Joe near the left elbow and forced a throwaway out of bounds, in which Bobby Jackson promptly drilled 3 the next play. At his size, Joe should be ashamed that he couldn't draw a foul on a guy he outweighs by 50 pounds.

At 3:32 in the third, Joe's boneheadedness and lethargy rears it's ugly head again. On a semi-break, Joe is one-on-one with BEANO UDRICH. Not known for his defense either. The smallest guy on the court, too. Not having confidence in his speed or quickness, Joe stutters a little and tries to shoot over Udrich from 13, misses. On a break! There were probably five different routes TO THE RACK, yet he pulls up for a contested jumper. Great.

I laughed my butt off at the end of the game when Bibby all but stole the steal from Josh! Did anyone else see that? I think about 1:twenty-something seconds were left in a tight game, and Bibby and Josh both had an easy steal on a loose ball. Bibby had the presence of mind to corral it and keep it in the backcourt for a foul instead of letting Josh have it. He was clearly off to the races with one of his patented fumble jobs down the middle of the court, likely turning it over, offensive fouling, or drawing a foul and missing both free throws. It was actually a big play in the game, as Bibby has probably gotten tired of seeing Josh make decisions with the ball, let alone in the open court. I'd like to see more demanding of the ball from Josh by Bibby, and tearing into Josh when he doesn't give it up, because clearly he thinks he can handle like a 1 and shoot like a 2, when actually he handles like a child and shoots like a cripple.

Edited by benhillboy

Finally, someone who dislike's Joe's game as much as I do. Speak it from the mountaintop!

At 1:40 before the half, Kevin Martin, who is not known for his defense, totally bottled up Joe near the left elbow and forced a throwaway out of bounds, in which Bobby Jackson promptly drilled 3 the next play. At his size, Joe should be ashamed that he couldn't draw a foul on a guy he outweighs by 50 pounds.

At 3:32 in the third, Joe's boneheadedness and lethargy rears it's ugly head again. On a semi-break, Joe is one-on-one with BEANO UDRICH. Not known for his defense either. The smallest guy on the court, too. Not having confidence in his speed or quickness, Joe stutters a little and tries to shoot over Udrich from 13, misses. On a break! There were probably five different routes TO THE RACK, yet he pulls up for a contested jumper. Great.

I laughed my butt off at the end of the game when Bibby all but stole the steal from Josh! Did anyone else see that? I think about 1:twenty-something seconds were left in a tight game, and Bibby and Josh both had an easy steal on a loose ball. Bibby had the presence of mind to corral it and keep it in the backcourt for a foul instead of letting Josh have it. He was clearly off to the races with one of his patented fumble jobs down the middle of the court, likely turning it over, offensive fouling, or drawing a foul and missing both free throws. It was actually a big play in the game, as Bibby has probably gotten tired of seeing Josh make decisions with the ball, let alone in the open court. I'd like to see more demanding of the ball from Josh by Bibby, and tearing into Josh when he doesn't give it up, because clearly he thinks he can handle like a 1 and shoot like a 2, when actually he handles like a child and shoots like a cripple.

Joe Johnson hasn't been a very valuable piece this season. This team can beat the likes of Minnesota and the Kings without him. With him, they still lose to anybody decent pretty much.

I LOVE ths board! Let's see if I can get this right:

1. We have an undersized Center with no offensive game who's D is overrated.

2. We have an idiot for a PF who can't dribble or shoot yet thinks he is the 2nd coming of LeBron.

3. We have an unaggressive, awkward, clumsy SF who is well below average at best.

4. We have an overrated, unathletic SG with a low basketball IQ who won't attack the basket.

5. We have an aging PG who sucks on D and is really just a SG in a PG's body.

6. Our top bench player is an overrated chucker with a low basketball I.Q.

7. Our top big off the bench is TERRIBLE on D, unathletic and can't finish easy shots around the basket.

8. Our top swing man's D is nowhere near as good as advertised and he can't finish around the basket.

9. Our All World PG of the future gets no PT because the coach hates him.

10. Our All World 3rd String Center is in the same boat as our All World PG.

11. We have the worst coach in the history of basketball.

All of the above and yet we are in 4th place in the EC with a very good shot at hosting a first round playoff series.

:cant believe: :shock11: :saythat: :beer:

Edited by Traceman

Wonder if JJ is depressed playing for him?

A little off topic.

This makes me think, has Joe ever been "happy" in the NBA? Seriously. I remember a lot of talk from Hawks fans who had felt sorry for Joe, it was often in response to Joe's sourpuss routine, they said it sucked that he was stuck with such a crappy young group. The thing is though, he was mopey in Boston and in Phoenix too. Maybe its just who he is.

Plus, wasn't Wes Unseld always looking pissed off? Big deal, he won.

I LOVE ths board! Let's see if I can get this right:

1. We have an undersized Center with no offensive game who's D is overrated.

2. We have an idiot for a PF who can't dribble or shoot yet thinks he is the 2nd coming of LeBron.

3. We have an unaggressive, awkward, clumsy SF who is well below average at best.

4. We have an overrated, unathletic SG with a low basketball IQ who won't attack the basket.

5. We have an aging PG who sucks on D and is really just a SG in a PG's body.

6. Our top bench player is an overrated chucker with a low basketball I.Q.

7. Our top big off the bench is TERRIBLE on D, unathletic and can't finish easy shots around the basket.

8. Our top swing man's D is nowhere near as good as advertised and he can't finish around the basket.

9. Our All World PG of the future gets no PT because the coach hates him.

10. Our All World 3rd String Center is in the same boat as our All World PG.

11. We have the worst coach in the history of basketball.

All of the above and yet we are in 4th place in the EC with a very good shot at hosting a first round playoff series.

:cant believe: :shock11: :saythat: :beer:

It really says alot about the quality of the east after the first two or 3 spots. Outside of Boston, Cleveland and Orlando nobody in the east is good. I'll point out that the Hawks haven't beaten a quality team in 2 months. It's pretty much a fact that the Hawks aren't good. That got blown out by the Clippers at home (The Clipps got blown out by Charlotte the very next night.)

It really says alot about the quality of the east after the first two or 3 spots. Outside of Boston, Cleveland and Orlando nobody in the east is good. I'll point out that the Hawks haven't beaten a quality team in 2 months. It's pretty much a fact that the Hawks aren't good. That got blown out by the Clippers at home (The Clipps got blown out by Charlotte the very next night.)

I guess it depends on your definition of "quality team." We are 16-14 in the last two months and I think some of those wins qualify as quality wins. We have beaten DEN, HOU, DET, CHI (twice), MIL and IND in the last two months. In addition, in my opinion, ALL road wins are quality wins and we are 7-8 over that span (9-4 at home).

I guess it depends on your definition of "quality team." We are 16-14 in the last two months and I think some of those wins qualify as quality wins. We have beaten DEN, HOU, DET, CHI (twice), MIL and IND in the last two months. In addition, in my opinion, ALL road wins are quality wins and we are 7-8 over that span (9-4 at home).

Detroit has lost like 15 of their last 21 games or something like that. I don't think Curry will hold a job very long there. Houston was missing a slew of players from what I remember. Since that Denver game I feel the team just hasn't been able to beat a team that is probably as good or better than them. Then to barely beat the Kings the other night.

The team has a tough schedule the rest of the way and I've seen nothing in the teams play to suggest they will come out of this well. If they're going to finish decently they will most likely have to start beating a few teams that is actually decent.

Joe does not have a low BBall IQ...He just does not show intensity and killer instinct most of the time....Like we just saw with Kobe and even Brandon Roy (who a lot of people have compared to Joe) both have the fire to not let their team lose without giving every ounce of their heart, skill, and ability....Joe tends to lay back a lot more even when he does get aggressive he still does not appear to fight with "everything" when the team needs him to be a superstar....

That little extra fight, that will, that high intensity separates the stars from superstars in the pros (and in life)...Joe has to find that or settle with simply being a star with potential to be a superstar but never taking that extra step...That's Joe!