• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What would you do about Bibby...

mookie10

What makes some of you guys think Woodson will play "Collison or Lawson" if he doesn't even play Acie Law, almost a top ten draft pick?

I'm so sick of hearing that.

Because Woodson doesn't care about where you were drafted if you can play ball. If Lawson and Collison play good, then they'll get the time here. AC Law doesn't play because he doesn't deserve the time.

• Premium Member

Because Woodson doesn't care about where you were drafted if you can play ball. If Lawson and Collison play good, then they'll get the time here. AC Law doesn't play because he doesn't deserve the time.

I'd be careful about saying that around here. Acie has a few zealous fans on this board. But we NEED to resign Bibby. He's been great for us this season. I don't know what all of this Team Dime crap has to do with Bibby's performance on the court. Team Dime seems rather benign to me anyway. Mookie loved weed off the court but I heard no complaints back then. All I care about is Bibby's on the court performance and he's been great. He fits in well with the team and has become an integral part of what we're trying to do here.

• Admin

Horford was starting from day 1 as a rookie

• Admin

I think if we didn't have Flip, Acie would see a lot more time. However, with Bibby and Flip that leaves him on the bench.

I would rather Flip play SG and Acie play the backup pg but that is not the plan.

It is hard to get an idea of what kind of player he is because he has not really done anything at all.

Horford was starting from day 1 as a rookie

Horford started because Zaza was hurt,once he was healthy again Al went back to the bench. Al kept the job after Zaza got hurt again and came back sucking. Al didn't fully get the starting job till around games 10-15. Acie started from day 3,it's his own fault (really Ryan Hollins) for putting hisself in a bad spot and getting injured. Woodson shouldn't have done him like he did when he came back though. He hasn't had a fair shot since.

Edited by Cwell

What are your thoughts on Bibby; I think he's a valuable asset to the team...but what I'm really asking is 'what is he worth when his contract is up at the end of the season?'

Should we resign him?? If so what is a reasonable contract...length, annual salary, etc.

Could we resign him for less than what we're paying now? What do other teams need/want him and how much do you think they would spend for him?

If you're anti-resigning Bibby...what do you think we should do instead?

Resign him but not for too much. A little under 10 mil a year will do. 25-30 mil for 3 years should be good enough for Bibby. He's too important to this team to just let walk and we probably wont find a better replacement either

Horford started because Zaza was hurt,once he was healthy again Al went back to the bench. Al kept the job after Zaza got hurt again and came back sucking. Al didn't fully get the starting job till around games 10-15. Acie started from day 3,it's his own fault (really Ryan Hollins) for putting hisself in a bad spot and getting injured. Woodson shouldn't have done him like he did when he came back though. He hasn't had a fair shot since.

Al never ever ever "went to the bench". He has started 118 of 122 games.

As far as Acie, he is a bench guy at best.

Al never ever ever "went to the bench". He has started 118 of 122 games.

As far as Acie, he is a bench guy at best.

yes he did. Zaza had to get hurt twice before Woody realized that Al was just plain better. Zaza got hurt in the pre-season so Al started when the season began. Zaza got healthy and Woody started him over Al until he got hurt again.

Honestly it depends on his price. His role is mainly to score when open, occasionally create for others, and to provide offensive production. To me he's worth 8 million per at best. It not to hard on him and plays to his strengths. I just don't want to pay more then 8 mil for that. Considering his responsibility, I wouldn't mind bring A.I. in for that role. He doesn't have to be the leader, he can occasionally create for others, and who better to give you offensively production then A.I.. Just to add, he doesn't have to play much defense. He should come around 8 million since Det and Den pretty much hurt his stock. He should have never played there, look at the personnel and systems those teams run, they do not play to A.I. strengths. I love Jason Kidd for what he could do for our leadership as well as Josh Smith and Marvin progression but would also hurt Joe's play. Being that Joe is in his contract year next season that's just not an option.