• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I Almost Feel Sorry For Smoove After We Win Tonight

Traceman

• Premium Member

Man, how things have changed around here. Everyone was in panic mode when Smoove went down with the ankle injury early in the season. Now, people can't seem to stand the guy after a few bad games. I'm not bashing anyone, but it shows how quick things can change.

As the person who was known as Smoove biggest hater, I don't think Smith is playing as awful as it's made out to be. He just needs a different role, problem is we don't have the personnel for him to get a different role.

• Premium Member

Let me summarize the 3rd quarter for those who didn't watch it:

The Nuggets knew the Hawks were on the last night of a long road trip in mile-high Denver, so they amped up the pressure and pace.

George Karl earned his paycheck tonight. (It didn't hurt, of course, that the Nuggets couldn't miss from the perimeter and didn't turn the ball over).

Let me summarize the 3rd quarter for those who didn't watch it:

The Nuggets knew the Hawks were on the last night of a long road trip in mile-high Denver, so they amped up the pressure and pace.

George Karl earned his paycheck tonight. (It didn't hurt, of course, that the Nuggets couldn't miss from the perimeter and didn't turn the ball over).

The hawks problem wasn't the 3rd quarter. it was total collapse in the 2nd quarter.

The only reason i am still watching this game is to see if Marvin and Horford can keep it going. We need those guys to score more. JJ and Smith should be getting fewer shots and Marvin/Horford should be taking more. It isn't just the coaching or the other players keeping those two from scoring, although they are contributing factors. Those two need to look to score when they get the ball instead of constantly defering.

That's one of the few losses that didn't really frustrate me this year. It sucks that we missed the shot to win it, but other than that they played fairly spirited which is nice to see. Melo shot the ball out of his mind unfortunately.

Marvin was all over the floor tonight. Seemed to be a nice spark for them.

Watch us go into Denver tonight and get the win. After that happens, the local media (and some on this board) will KILL him tomorrow saying he was the problem all along. I see it coming...

Well we didn't get the win tonight but almost! Hawks played hard down the stretch and I am so glad Josh wasn't there. I think he is the problem! He loses the ball far too much and still takes stupid jumpshots and can't hit foul shots. Yes, he is the problem. I wish Bibby was there, however. I thought Flip played well despite the last miss and Marvin also played well!

That's one of the few losses that didn't really frustrate me this year. It sucks that we missed the shot to win it, but other than that they played fairly spirited which is nice to see. Melo shot the ball out of his mind unfortunately.

As Bob said, " Those shots at the end of the quarters can come back and kill you."

Melo had two...

But good to see Joe play like Joe late in the fourth.... insane back to back deep 3's.

Hope Joe's play in that game is a sign....

Those last second shots - - How come they always seem to be able to hit

them against the Hawks?

Two quarter enders tonight - -

Over the 2nd quarter ending and the 3rd quarter beginning, Hawks were

buried - - Yet, they came back!!

Best "almost win" I've watched from these Hawks all season. Too bad

Atlanta couldn't hit that last one.

With our best free throw "misser" not playing, Hawks only left 2 points

on the line tonight!!