• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

That's the Marvin I like to see

TheDude

• Moderators
In my opinion, Woody needs to "help" him and "force" him to be more aggressive by calling his number more and by telling the other players to look for him. If he sees Marvin not being aggressive, he should pull him out and get on his case. If he sees the other guys not getting the ball to him when he should be getting it, he needs to jump on their cases as well. I think Marvin has the talent to be a consistent solid 2nd option to JJ because of his ability to knock down open shots combined with his ability to get to the line.

Agreed. One of my many issues with Woodson's approach to offense.

:beathorse:

• Premium Member
Smith plays in the same offense that Horford and Marvin do. he certainly doesn't have a problem getting enough shots up.

I have to disagree with you on this one Ex. There have been plenty of times when Marvin and others have flashed acrossed the lane in good scoring position, only to be ignored by JJ and Flip. Heck Flip did it several times last night to MO. There were still half court set last night when Joe just made up his mind that he was going to shoot the ball without anyone else touching in in the Half court. As hot as Marvin and Horford were in that game, they still didn't get as many shots as JJ especially in the 4th quarter. Lets face it guys, the guards and Woodson dictates who sees the ball in this offense with Marvin and Horford being 4th & 5th options on this team when at full strength. They simply will not consistently get those kind of opportunities when Bibby and Smith return to the line up!

I have to disagree with you on this one Ex. There have been plenty of times when Marvin and others have flashed acrossed the lane in good scoring position, only to be ignored by JJ and Flip. Heck Flip did it several times last night to MO. There were still half court set last night when Joe just made up his mind that he was going to shoot the ball without anyone else touching in in the Half court. As hot as Marvin and Horford were in that game, they still didn't get as many shots as JJ especially in the 4th quarter. Lets face it guys, the guards and Woodson dictates who sees the ball in this offense with Marvin and Horford being 4th & 5th options on this team when at full strength. They simply will not consistently get those kind of opportunities when Bibby and Smith return to the line up!

That is a copout. Horford could take 10 midrange jumpers a game if he wanted to. Marvin could get plenty of points on the break if he didn't treat the ball like it was a hot potato. They aren't taking advantage of the opportunities they get.

That is a copout. Horford could take 10 midrange jumpers a game if he wanted to. Marvin could get plenty of points on the break if he didn't treat the ball like it was a hot potato. They aren't taking advantage of the opportunities they get.

Marvin just needs some encouragement. I think JJ is our main player but when he is cold or foul trouble instead of Bibby being the second option it should be Marvin. Marvin always has big games when Smoove or JJ is out, because he becomes the 1st option.

It really doesnt matter cause just like when JJ was out when we play with our starters Marv doesnt get the ball anymore and its still the same iso Joe. Woody should have caught on to this a long time ago. Marv is a star in the making.