• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What if Marvin/Bibby ask for way too much?

mattlanta

What would you guys like us to do if both Bibby and Marvin ask for too much. We're not talking about ASG refusing them money. I'm talking about lucrative contracts for each of them around $10-11mill each. I know some of you guys are interested in Andre Miller. Some names I've heard come up as well in some trade talks are Caron Butler, Brandon Haywood, Gerald Wallace, etc. Would you SNT Marvin? Would you sign Marvin no matter what? What would you do if your name was Sund and this nightmare happened to you?

• Premium Member
What would you guys like us to do if both Bibby and Marvin ask for too much. We're not talking about ASG refusing them money. I'm talking about lucrative contracts for each of them around $10-11mill each. I know some of you guys are interested in Andre Miller. Some names I've heard come up as well in some trade talks are Caron Butler, Brandon Haywood, Gerald Wallace, etc. Would you SNT Marvin? Would you sign Marvin no matter what? What would you do if your name was Sund and this nightmare happened to you?

If Bibby asks for too much, see what the going rate on Felton would be.

If Marvin asks for too much, there's always bringing Chillz back.

• Moderators

This is a historically bad FA market for FA's if the economy doesn't turn around. I would just hold my line with these guys and let Marvin in particular shop himself around. I can't see any team giving him $10-11M/year.

We have RFA rights on Marvin so someone will actually have to step up and sign him at $10 mill per before we have to make a move. We will totally "Josh" Marvin as we did Smoove and as we should. Never bid against yourself. Let the market set his value when you have RFA rights.

Bibby is a different situation. We have no rights to match on him. If he says give me 4 years at $40 mill or I am out of here ! That is about $6 mill too much but I would consider a front loaded contract where he is only making around $8 mill by year #4. That way he is moveable and will not hamper the cap as he ages and his game regresses. Maybe we let him walk.............then we look to sign and trade Chillz with a filler (maybe even our 1st) for a sign and trade with Felton or some other PG.

Correct me if I am wrong but for us to have cap space to sign Raymond Felton straight up, we would have to renounce our rights to Chillz and maybe even Marvin too. Then we still have URFAs like ZaZa and Flip to worry about too with limited money uner the cap.

Edited by coachx

This is a historically bad FA market for FA's if the economy doesn't turn around. I would just hold my line with these guys and let Marvin in particular shop himself around. I can't see any team giving him $10-11M/year.

Next years cap will probably be much smaller plus there is a looming labor dispute on the horizon when the CBA runs out. I think the Hawks can easily play hardball with Marvin.

Next years cap will probably be much smaller plus there is a looming labor dispute on the horizon when the CBA runs out. I think the Hawks can easily play hardball with Marvin.

Me too. I think a lot of FAs and restricted FAs are about to be shocked at the offers they get. Marvin will be doing GREAT to get an offer starting at slightly above his qualifying offer of $7.35M and I doubt Bibby gets an offer any higher than that either. Teams aren't going to be spending big money unless guys have superstar potential.