• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bibby vs. Murray

Kimsey

Stats adjusted at 34.7 mins. give or take a tenth.

Bibby

PPG 15.8

RPG 3.5

APG 5.1

SPG 1.5

BPG 0.2

FG% 0.447

FT% 0.766

3P% 0.414

MPG 34.7

FGM-A

318-712

3PM-A

128-309

FTM-A

105-137

Murray

PPG 16.8

RPG 3.0

APG 2.5

SPG 1.5

BPG 0.2

FG% 0.461

FT% 0.748

3P% 0.368

MPG 34.7

FGM-A

304-660

3PM-A

77-207

FTM-A

131-175

Bibby has 52 more fg attempts, 102 more 3pt. attempts, Flip shoots 38 more FTs and is scoring roughly a point better... Bibby has the clear advantage in assists...

So who is the player that you sign at potentially 15-20 million or 35-40 million???

• Premium Member

There's really no either/or issue with these two. The real issue is how are we going to re-sign both Bibby and Marv. Flip's contract is simply to affordable for him to become a liability financially. Even if we re-sign him next season he might get a "paltry" 2 million dollar per season deal. Production wise, Flip and Bibs are two different players. Flip is a nice scorer who can play point sparingly if needed. Bibby is a straight PG despite what some here might say. He has a good bball iq and does most things that are expected of a PG quite well when he needs to. Plus he just has that intangible "it" factor that you need out of a lead guard. He's a pretty good leader as well. Flip has been really good for us this season, but this is a case where the stats don't tell the whole story.

Stats adjusted at 34.7 mins. give or take a tenth.

Bibby

PPG 15.8

RPG 3.5

APG 5.1

SPG 1.5

BPG 0.2

FG% 0.447

FT% 0.766

3P% 0.414

MPG 34.7

FGM-A

318-712

3PM-A

128-309

FTM-A

105-137

Murray

PPG 16.8

RPG 3.0

APG 2.5

SPG 1.5

BPG 0.2

FG% 0.461

FT% 0.748

3P% 0.368

MPG 34.7

FGM-A

304-660

3PM-A

77-207

FTM-A

131-175

Bibby has 52 more fg attempts, 102 more 3pt. attempts, Flip shoots 38 more FTs and is scoring roughly a point better... Bibby has the clear advantage in assists...

So who is the player that you sign at potentially 15-20 million or 35-40 million???

Stats are not everything. I love Flip but Bibby is FAR more of a leader and PG and he plays a significantly bigger role in whether we win or lose in my opinion.

Look at AI versus Billups in DEN. Last year, AI put up 26 ppg, 7 apg, 3 rbg, and 2 spg. This year, Billups is averaging 19 ppg, 6 apg, 3 rbg, 1 spg. On paper, AI is clearly superior but Billups is clearly more important to the team.

Flip is not a starter, he nice when confidence, terrible when not.

Both Bibby and Flip act as the two guard in our offense with Joe as the real table-setter. Bibby is getting max money to hit three's. Flip gets a million a year - hits his threes but can also take his man off the dribble and defend the point better than Bibby.

I like having Bibby on this team for his leadership and the nuts to take a shot late in the game. Joe trusts him because he can make that shot. I am glad we have them both but I can see Marvin being that guy as he matures. He better be - becuase he is going to get Bibby's money.

• Premium Member

I'm OK with Flip and I detest Bibby's weak and lazy brand of b-ball but I too think it's better as is.

Is this a question about who we should re-sign as our point or what? Flips not a point guard. Woody just uses him as one. As much as I'd like to have both back they're both having career years and will most liley look to cash in.

I'd give Bibby a 2yr/16 mil. deal

Flip no more than 4-5 per and only as a short term deal like 2 years with an option.

Flip has been i'd say the best signing in free-agency. The Hawks got him for nothing and has contributed greatly off the bench. I'm sure he's looking to get paid so I doubt he ruturns.

• Premium Member

Flip sucks at playing PG, we know that. He also turns it over more than Bibby which you didn't include in your stats.

I love Flip off the bench, but committing to him as our PG is a big mistake.

• Premium Member
Flip sucks at playing PG, we know that. He also turns it over more than Bibby which you didn't include in your stats.

I love Flip off the bench, but committing to him as our PG is a big mistake.

yeah....you are not winning at a high level if Flip is your #1 option at PG.