• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Heat VS Hawks

gsuteke

Hawks at full strength vs. Heat

By SEKOU SMITH

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Friday, February 27, 2009

The Hawks will be at full strength for tonight’s Southeast Division showdown against Miami at Philips Arena.

Mike Bibby and Josh Smith will be back in uniform. They missed the Hawks’ last game, a 110-109 loss in Denver Wednesday.

Bibby had the flu and Smith was not with the team due to a personal matter.

They were both on the floor with the starters during this morning’s shootaround practice.

• Premium Member

It is very important that we win this one tonight. We have a little bit of momentum coming off a loss. I say that because we played well down the stretch of that loss. Still, this is a game whereby we're playing a division rival.

Sekou:

Basically, the month of the March determines the Hawks entire season. Rise up and meet the challenge and fourth spot is theirs. Falter, just a little bit at home (where the Hawks are 19-6 and have been solid all season long), though, and this entire thing comes unraveled in a matter of weeks.

Well, better safe than sorry I guess but it works great for everyone I know and me.

There's nothing wrong with that site. The only way I could see getting messages from that site would be if you were using a free anti-virus program and internet explorer.

We couldn't put them away but I never really felt like they were going to win tonight. Horford was a beast tonight, JJ made some clutch plays, Smoove played under control, Marvin was nice. I'm definitely confident that we'd beat them in a 7 game series.

And now I can't wait until Sunday!

We couldn't put them away but I never really felt like they were going to win tonight. Horford was a beast tonight, JJ made some clutch plays, Smoove played under control, Marvin was nice. I'm definitely confident that we'd beat them in a 7 game series.

And now I can't wait until Sunday!

Very pleased! Big win. Great start to the weekend. Bibby looked sluggish..to be expected recovering from being sick. No worries. Props to Flip. In my eyes, Flip doesn't get enough credit around here. We wouldn't be sitting 4th in the east without him. He's been solid all year. He came up with two key buckets in the 4th when Beasley was single handely getting Miami back in the game. A couple nice floaters that kept Miami at bay...