• Raised $390 of $700 target

"Countdown to Homecourt in 1st Round" Thread

mrhonline

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who thinks we can still win 50?

Also how much was the playoff tickets running last year at Phillips. Im thinking about comming down to ATL and catch a first round home game.

who thinks we can still win 50?

Also how much was the playoff tickets running last year at Phillips. Im thinking about comming down to ATL and catch a first round home game.

I got good seats in 212 for like $75 I think. Pretty sure the total was around $150 for the two of us. I got them last minute on Ticketmaster, though. You might be able to find a better deal.

And as far as 50 wins, no way. Even if they kept playing with this intensity I don't think they can go 13-4. Too many good teams and teams that always give us a hard time no matter how bad they are.

Edited by High5

• Moderators
Either way, the refs aren't going to let the Hawks knock Wade out of the playoffs. If it's homecourt advantage I still expect the refs to blow the whistle anytime Wade is touched.

Even with that, we could still win, IMO. Wade's unending FT love makes it a lot tougher, though.

I am not worried about a series with Miami. The Hawks have trouble containing quick, high scoring pgs and big post players. Miami has neither. I don't count JO. He hasn't done crap against the Hawks in years.

Miami sucks on the boards too which has been another Hawks weakness.

Wade is a handful but the Hawks have a lot of long, athletic guys to throw at him and if he beats one another is waiting.

Anyone figured out the Hawks magic number for getting into the playoffs?

Just looking at the standings today, I think we are 2-4 wins away from being assured of being in the playoffs mathmatically (though in practicle terms we have already made the playoffs). Went with there are 8 playoff spots, 3 have already been decided. There are 3 teams with 40 or more losses (Indy (40), Toronto (44), and Washington (52)). So, you can pretty much eliminate them from the playoffs. That leaves 8 teams for 5 spots.

Losses

Atlanta 28

Miami 30

Philly 31

Detroit 33

Chicago 37

NY & Charlotte 38

NJ 39

Looks like the battles will be for the #4 spot and the #8 spot. Detroit looks pretty solid in that 7 spot.