• Raised $390 of $700 target

"Countdown to Homecourt in 1st Round" Thread

mrhonline

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Chicago can only win 45 games. Atlanta has already won 40.

Since Atlanta has already won the season series with Chicago, they only need to tie Chicago to make the playoffs.

The magic number is 5.

Edited by mrhonline

Props to the Nets. They just beat the Heat without Devin Harris.

Can you imagine this board if we did something like that at this point - losing to a bottom-feeder while trying to make a run at a 4 seed, or at least not slip any further.

See, people, these things happen to everybody.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate rooting for other teams so we have an "easier" matchup. I root for Hawks wins. And I don't care who we have to play, I'm not rooting for a first round win. . . .I root for championships. I think if we'll end up playing Cavs/Lakers back to back, we need a tough series up front to get our motors running.

Deep thumb cut sidelines HaslemComment Email Print Share Associated Press

MIAMI -- The Miami Heat will likely be without forward Udonis Haslem for the remainder of the regular season because of a deep cut on his right thumb.

Haslem was injured Friday in Charlotte while trying to block a shot. He needed six stitches to close the gash, and they're not scheduled to be removed until at least April 16 -- one day after the season finale.

Haslem is averaging 10.6 points and 8.2 rebounds for Miami, which is battling for the Eastern Conference's fifth playoff seed.

Backup guard Daequan Cook is also ailing. Miami's top 3-point shooter was inactive Tuesday against the New Orleans Hornets with a sore right shoulder. Cook has made a team-best 148 shots from 3-point range, and is averaging 9.3 points for the season.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

• Premium Member

Both Philly and Miami need to lose.

Philly plays on the road against an improved Chicago team tonight, and Miami plays on the road tomorrow night vs. a Boston team that is still fighting for seeding.

• Premium Member

Yep.

Either a Miami loss at Boston (probable) or an Atlanta win at home vs. the Pacers (probable), and the Hawks are the 4th seed.

Actually, the Hawks would have to lose out and the Heat win out for Atlanta to lose the 4th seed.