• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Can we win a playoff series?

Red Hawk #21

I don't know if this team can win a playoff series. I try to be positive but I also have to be realistic. Our offense sux, mostly everyone can agree that Woody is not a good coach, Our defense is mediocre. I think if we played The Heat, the Sixers or even the Pistons we would have a really tough time. We need to get better, Soon!!

I don't know if this team can win a playoff series. I try to be positive but I also have to be realistic. Our offense sux, mostly everyone can agree that Woody is not a good coach, Our defense is mediocre. I think if we played The Heat, the Sixers or even the Pistons we would have a really tough time. We need to get better, Soon!!

No. This team can't hardly beat anybody other than Washington.

Meanwhile, over at the celtics forum I read, in a poll of all potential first round opponents, the hawks have been voted who celtics fans would least like to see in the first round. As a celtics fan, the only team I fear more than the hawks are the cavs. Not that I think the hawks would be favored, or even likely to win it all. But if any other team (other than the cavs) beat the celtics, I would be shocked and it would be a major upset. Hawks, not so much.

And I think the hawks match up really well against the cavs. Unfortunatelly, I think that given the celtics recent unpopularity, I think the NBA is really, really pushing for a Lebron vs Kobe final. Endings like what happened the last hawks vs cavs game will be all too common, I fear.

• Premium Member

It is certainly looking like the Heat may overtake the Hawks for the 5th seed after last nights games. I know it is a long season with about 6 weeks to go but the Heat has been playing better than the Hawks the last couple of weeks. One thing that is good a lot of our games are at home. Just getting a little nervous and still think we should have made a play for Gooden.

Atlanta is still dangerous playoff team, more so then in the regular season.

Atlanta is still dangerous playoff team, more so then in the regular season.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Hawks will have a chance against almost anyone if the teams shooters are on target. If Bibby or Joe are off target then winning a series becomes a much more difficult endeavor.

haha all this panicing. no confidence in your team huh?? lol anyway, I think we will be facing the Miami Heat who we know we can beat but it wont be easy. If we play the Pistons, I dont think it will be easy either. Thats why homecourt is very important because we are a good home team..we can win almost every home game..winning on the road will be harder but we beat the Heat and Pistons in their home already so im not too worried. Again, nothing will be easy for the Hawks in the playoffs but to answer your question, yes we can win a playoff series

Of course we can win a playoff series. Will we? Remains to be seen. That's why they play the games. Just like any other playoff series, it's all about match-ups and who's goes into the playoffs hot. Boston doesn't want to play Atlanta because were young, athletic and a match up problem defensively.

Of course we can win a playoff series. Will we? Remains to be seen. That's why they play the games. Just like any other playoff series, it's all about match-ups and who's goes into the playoffs hot. Boston doesn't want to play Atlanta because were young, athletic and a match up problem defensively.

exactly. well put

Yeah, we can. Detroit, Miami, etc. are bad teams. None of them deserve to be more than a seventh seed. We definitely won't be winning more than one though, that's for damn sure.

I agree. We can and should win whatever playoff series we end up in. Unfortunately, it sucks because if we take care of business, Woody gets a gold star even though like you say, we are beating a team that is the quality of a seventh seed and would not be in the playoffs were they in the West (nor would we), so part of me wants us to lose in the first round so Woody gets canned....ugh, the trials of being a Hawks fan

• Premium Member

It depends on who we get.

We proved last year that Playoffs are all about matchups. Remember, last year, we were 0-4 against the Celtics. We had no momentum going into the playoffs (hell, we just slid in). But we did have a matchup advantage with our youth and JJ and the unknown home court advantage. So we used that and won three games. I think the homecourt advantage is still there and nobody wants to try and beat us at home. I also think Woody does better coaching per game than he does per quarter. He makes better adjustments per game. That may be based on his coaching staff, but we shall see.

It depends on which team shows up. If we have our "A" game going, hitting jump shots, spacing the floor, passing the ball, get Al involved in the offense, etc we can be very dangerous. Problem is we tend to regress into bad habits that will lead to a quick exit.

• Moderators

I think we're a better team in a series. The Knicks go us playing their game. We wouldn't be so dumb in a whole series. We'd have time to figure it out. That's what we did against the Celtics last year. Yeah we got blown out on their court but after the first two games we figured a few things out.