• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What kind of offense would the Hawks thrive in?

mookie10

Based on what's going on right now...what offense do you think suits the hawks?

Reworded...If woody wasn't constantly running isos, what complements our team the most. Are we a defensive minded team...should we be? Are we a run a gun D'antoni offense? Are we a non-iso offense?

Really what i'm asking is, 'what would you do to maximize our players strengths?'

• Premium Member

Reworded...If woody wasn't constantly running isos, what complements our team the most. Are we a defensive minded team...should we be? Are we a run a gun D'antoni offense? Are we a non-iso offense?

Really what i'm asking is, 'what would you do to maximize our players strengths?'

Definitely a motion offense where everybody is moving. With lots of back door cuts and the ball in Bibby's hand.

I would start very simple like the Jazz. I would play a two man game with Bibby and Horf about 30% of the time. The rest of the time, I would play motion with screens and backdoor picks off ball.

Last night, I decided. If Bibby is too high in price, we should go after Felton and get a coach in here that will let him and Acie drive and dish.

Anything that doesn't involve JJ pounding the ball for 18 seconds 28 feet from the basket. Woody's use of timeout's are terrible. The time-out's are simply used to stop the clock. He does no coaching! It was apparent last night. Stop the clock, and run an iso play after a TO. How about a little basketball knowledge and draw up a play, set a backscreen, ball screen, maybe make another pass than the one in bounds...sumthin!! My highest coaching experience was at the high school level, but I honestly think I have a higher basketball IQ than Woody does. And that's really sad....

• Premium Member
Definitely a motion offense where everybody is moving. With lots of back door cuts and the ball in Bibby's hand.

I would start very simple like the Jazz. I would play a two man game with Bibby and Horf about 30% of the time. The rest of the time, I would play motion with screens and backdoor picks off ball.

Last night, I decided. If Bibby is too high in price, we should go after Felton and get a coach in here that will let him and Acie drive and dish.

As I mentioned earlier this year, we should be playing the UCLA 1-4 offense. It has lots of motions, time cuts, and backdoor screens.

Diesel, why is a picture of Emory University's president in your sig a few posts up?

Anyway, we dont run any characteristic offense aside from "Go Joe" and "Iso Joe." If we ran more of a motion offense as said above, or an offense comparable to the Suns (minus the 7 seconds or less bs) or Jazz, we could run teams off the floor.

I am so tired of everybody saying we have the most athletic starting five of any team...yet fail to exploit it as a true strength.

• Premium Member
A motion offense would be great for this team, but I don't think "some" players have a high enough B-Ball Iq for it.

Huh?

I doubt any pro basketball player doesn't have a high enough B-ball Iq to run a motion offense... As far as offenses go that is one of the most simple. Just about every high-school team runs it.

We should be picking and rolling (with bibby not JJ) and running the floor. I would love for us to pound it inside with Horf and Smoove and play off of that but we never really go to either of those guys in the post with any regularity.

• Premium Member
Diesel, why is a picture of Emory University's president in your sig a few posts up?

Anyway, we dont run any characteristic offense aside from "Go Joe" and "Iso Joe." If we ran more of a motion offense as said above, or an offense comparable to the Suns (minus the 7 seconds or less bs) or Jazz, we could run teams off the floor.

I am so tired of everybody saying we have the most athletic starting five of any team...yet fail to exploit it as a true strength.

Well, I don't really know if we are really as athletic as some people claim... Smoove and Horf are very athletic but Marvin, JJ, and Bibby are not anything special... JJ and Bibby are actually probably some of the least athletic players at their position.