• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Unexpected death hard to deal with..........

Gray Mule

:angel19:

Death. We, as human beings, hate to think of this. The end that we know is out

there ahead of every one of us.

This death that we all, as Hawk fans, are mournful for, is not the physical death

that I mentioned above. Yet, like that death, this one is just as real.

What is this crazy old man talking about? Let me explain.

The Hawks team defense has passed away. It is no longer exists. When the NBA

team with the lowest scoring average in the league makes all their shots but two

from inside the three point line in the first quarter, you know. Add to that the fact

that they were 1-3 from beyond the three point arch, we knew.

Team chemestry is on life support. While it isn't dead yet, we question it's survival.

This was the driver of the vehicle named the Atlanta Hawks. It, no doubt, is the

culpit in the death of team defense.

When natural death occurs in some families, they draw close together and mourn,

supporting each other in time of sorrow. Other families may fight. They all blame

others for everything that has happened and no one will sit down and listen and

calm things down. No doubt, you have all witnessed both types.

With our beloved Hawks, they apparently have chosen to fight amongst themselves.

Who is at fault? More than one person. There is enough fault to go around so that

everyone has a part.

Team chemestry. That's the glue that holds everything together. When did this

happen? Was it sudden? No. It's been happening right before our eyes. We should

have saw this coming. But, we buried our heads in the sand and hoped it would

just go away. It didn't.

Can the patient, the Atlanta Hawks, survive? Some one better find out quickly. If

there can be a restoration of team chemestry, perhaps a resurrection of team defense

will take place. We have been holding on to 4th place in the east. We are here, not

because of anything we've done recently. It all goes back to the fast start out of

the gate to open the season.

With the recent play, making the playoffs, even last season's eight seed, becomes

questionable. Keep doing what we're doing and we're out of the playoffs. While our

fruit is withering away on the stalk, all those teams behind us are roaring, full

throttle, toward the finish line.

:beathorse:

Wise words. But I would suggest that the infighting on the team is a reflection of the same with the owners. The ASG is a sick ownership group and it is hard to have a healthy organizazion when the ownership is malignant. That is the death that needs to happen.

i hate seeing our team fall apart like this. Everyone on the team is a grown man and yet they arguing and fuss at each other like a group of young girls.

Im so ashamed of how our team is performing and player/coaching troubles.

i guess ill still say it..GO HAWKS!!

Damn, that's deep. I don't like using our ultimate demise as an anology of the Hawks current season, because I don't feel we have "died" yet. I would think the 13 win season a few years back would be more appropriate. Anyway, let's not give up hope. The fact remains this is one of the better years we've had in a long time, and as I fan, I'm enjoying it. Do I think we could be better? Of course. Does Woody drive me nuts? Yup. But we have a big game tonight and I'm hoping we come out ready to play!