• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Die Hard Hawks Fan

ConverseChris

I just found this board and it looks pretty good in talking about the Hawks. I want to get your guys thought on this team.

I feel that Mike Woodson is a complete idiot and should've been fired along time ago.

Horford has been owning alot lately and should be taking more shots along with Marvin

Josh Smith has been struggling as of late but he is a still solid PF with alot of potential

The hawks need to learn how to box out(another bad coaching)

I feel in the offseason the hawks need to get a playmaker at pg for Bibby is good but we would be better off with someone who isn't soft and drives to the basket and can create shots for this team and can hit an open 3 when needed, someone like a Mike Conley I'd say if we could get him.

We better Re-sign Marvin Williams.

And this team is good we just need to give them time to grow up and they will eventually start winning on the road

What do you guys think?

I just found this board and it looks pretty good in talking about the Hawks. I want to get your guys thought on this team.

I feel that Mike Woodson is a complete idiot and should've been fired along time ago.

Horford has been owning alot lately and should be taking more shots along with Marvin

Josh Smith has been struggling as of late but he is a still solid PF with alot of potential

I feel in the offseason the hawks need to get a playmaker at pg for Bibby is good but we would be better off with someone who isn't soft and drives to the basket and can create shots for this team and can hit an open 3 when needed, someone like a Mike Conley I'd say if we could get him.

And this team is good we just need to give them time to grow up and they will eventually start winning on the road

What do you guys think?

welcome. this is a pretty good place to come if u wanna see people talk bad about our Hawks lol jk people talk bad about them but we all really like the team. now for my take on team, here we go:

1. Woodson gets a lot of hate but I think he does a decent job with this group. My problem with Woody is he does give guys like Acie, Solo, and West enough time. He has a very short rotation and plays Joe Johnson too much..I dont see how we wont be tired come playoff time. But other than that, I think Woody is fine..could be better but he's ok for now

2. Josh Smith has all star potential but he is still young and has a lot to learn about the game..his BBIQ is not that great. With his athleticism, he should easily avg 10+ rebounds. He also gets upset whenever Woody takes him out..another sign of immaturity. Once he grows up, he can be an amazing player in this league

3. Hawks do need to work on boxing out. They rely too much on their athletic ability but it won't always work against the bigger, stronger, and smarter teams. This team could use another big body..Horford, J Smoove, and Zaza is a decent big rotation but having someone who can score with there back to the basket would be helpful. Horford is a jumpshooting big, Smoove is a wingman, and Zaza is nice garbage man.

4. In the offseason I think Hawks should work on getting another decent big man, preferably a veteran one. Bibby and Marvin should both be resigned but at the right price. Bibby should'nt get more than 7-8 mil a year or the next 3 years. And Marvin should get no more than 10 mil a year. I would like to keep our starting 5 together and just work on building a better bench. But if I had to choose between Marvin and Bibby, I would probably go with Bibby because we arent gonna find another good vet PG to come here without trading a valuable player. The NBA draft and free agency are full of talented SFs.

P.S. Oh and Conley is not that much better than Acie and damn sure aint better than Flip so I would pass on him. He's not bad and is still young but his numbers and outside shooting doesn't impress me at all. Keep the nucleus together and add pieces..thats how great teams are built!

Edited by r3drumNYNJ

Welcome to Hatesquawk.

LOL. Yes, welcome! And most of the time it will appear like this, however, you won't find a group of people that are bigger fans. If I had to guess, this is where the biggest Hawks fans in the country vent and praise.

welcome. this is a pretty good place to come if u wanna see people talk bad about our Hawks lol jk people talk bad about them but we all really like the team. now for my take on team, here we go:

1. Woodson gets a lot of hate but I think he does a decent job with this group. My problem with Woody is he does give guys like Acie, Solo, and West enough time. He has a very short rotation and plays Joe Johnson too much..I dont see how we wont be tired come playoff time. But other than that, I think Woody is fine..could be better but he's ok for now

2. Josh Smith has all star potential but he is still young and has a lot to learn about the game..his BBIQ is not that great. With his athleticism, he should easily avg 10+ rebounds. He also gets upset whenever Woody takes him out..another sign of immaturity. Once he grows up, he can be an amazing player in this league

3. Hawks do need to work on boxing out. They rely too much on their athletic ability but it won't always work against the bigger, stronger, and smarter teams. This team could use another big body..Horford, J Smoove, and Zaza is a decent big rotation but having someone who can score with there back to the basket would be helpful. Horford is a jumpshooting big, Smoove is a wingman, and Zaza is nice garbage man.

4. In the offseason I think Hawks should work on getting another decent big man, preferably a veteran one. Bibby and Marvin should both be resigned but at the right price. Bibby should'nt get more than 7-8 mil a year or the next 3 years. And Marvin should get no more than 10 mil a year. I would like to keep our starting 5 together and just work on building a better bench. But if I had to choose between Marvin and Bibby, I would probably go with Bibby because we arent gonna find another good vet PG to come here without trading a valuable player. The NBA draft and free agency are full of talented SFs.

P.S. Oh and Conley is not that much better than Acie and damn sure aint better than Flip so I would pass on him. He's not bad and is still young but his numbers and outside shooting doesn't impress me at all. Keep the nucleus together and add pieces..thats how great teams are built!

Thanks to all that said welcome

1. Woodson does alot of things wrong and has some good, I'd personally like to see a new coach that actually wants to perform a pick and roll with horford and someone to just teac these kids the basics like when JJ or Marvin dont rotate fast enough and leads to easy buckets.

2. Jsmoove will be an all star once he works on shooting in the offseason like Marvin did this previous and doesnt have so many lapse like you said and grow up, but hey he's only 23 he has time.

3.Yeah we do need a veteran big off the bench we need to develop an 9 team rotation to give JJ some more time, that will hopefully be addressed in the offseason

and with the Conley and Acie law comparison is kind of sad since Conley has been really good as of late and Acie law is already like 24 and hasnt done nothing and looks like he will be out of the NBA in a few years.

Conley and if you seen his stats since February he has been pretty solid and is only 21 and only get better but who knows what Sund will do in the offseason it better not involve trading smith

this was once the best message board on the net. Now it's a little too cooperate. With the help of smart people like you we maybe able to get this thing back on track. Good Luck!

We're a little too cooperate? :doh:

What do you guys think?

Welcome aboard Chris! I hope that we can be a little less cooperate for you than we are for Rino.

• Premium Member
We're a little too cooperate? :doh:

Welcome aboard Chris! I hope that we can be a little less cooperate for you than we are for Rino.

too corporate that is. But this is still one of the best sports boards around.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member
Yes. Welcome. Its a great board. We're here to discuss and disagree right? Who wants to read Go Hawks over and over.

Go Hawks.

What some on this board wants is:

#1: Go Hawks.

#2: Yeah.

#3: Hell Yeah.

#1: I love Woody.

#2: Me too.

#3: Me three.

#1: I love Smoove.

#3: Me three

#1: I love Joe.

#1: I love Marvin.

#1: I love Al.

#1: I love Bibs.

#1: I hate the Celtics.

#1: I hate the Cavs.

#1: I hate the Magic

#1: I love the mods here.

#1: This board is full of Smart people.

#2: I agree.

#1: Well, I'm signing off.

What do you guys think?

Welcome! :beer: