The dynamic of Marvin not playing.

Diesel

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
I guess that means that Marvin's so called addition to our defense is nothing.

New Orleans didn't have Peja Stojakovic last game either! A player who averages 10 more points per game than the starter at small forward last night. I don't know what is wrong with you but I'm starting to wonder about your ability to objectively evaluate something as simple as a sporting event. Either you are just trying to stir up controversy which is what I though 2 years ago or you really believe the non sense that you type which is cause for concern!

Edited by Peoriabird

• Moderators

Its crazy to think we're a better team if Marvin does not play, but its also crazy to suggest that changing our lineups and rotations has nothing to do with the end result. This is why you shake things up when you're not playing well.

Its crazy to think we're a better team if Marvin does not play, but its also crazy to suggest that changing our lineups and rotations has nothing to do with the end result. This is why you shake things up when you're not playing well.

Exactly. The old cliche' rings true here....injuries are a part of the game, you move on. By doing so, you have to change line-ups and rotations. Obviously!

• Premium Member

I guess that is why Boston is happy that Garnett is hurt! :cant believe:

Peoriabird, are you upset at something? It's just a blog, guy. As you have read, I'm not a Joe fan but have much respect for his defense and his ability to make any pass, so since I have to stomach him I think he can be as valuable at 3 as 2, both positions having their advantages and disadvantages for Joe considering his size and speed. And what law says that 3's have to take long range shots, as any fool know's Josh should be barred from doing so. Also, assist numbers are far from a definite indicator of ball movement and continutiy, or do I also have to school you about how much of a game is left out of the stat sheet?

Sorry about the long posts if you tire easily from reading, cwell. I was taught how to skim passages as a young buck.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators
There goes the juggling the line up theory! Didn't work out so well for New Orleans did it Macdaddy! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The juggling lineup theory could only work when applied to a coach who is too stubborn to play the bench even when playing the bench would benefit his team.

Teams coached by rationale coaches would not benefit from juggling the lineup because they would already be properly allocating their resources.

• Premium Member
Also, assist numbers are far from a definite indicator of ball movement and continutiy, or do I also have to school you about how much of a game is left out of the stat sheet?

Please do because the game was not unlike any other game that I watch except Law received more playing time and made the most of it! Joe went Iso as usual and Bibby hoisted a bunch of 3 pointers that he missed. They Shot a collective 40% from the field which is 5% points below their average. So if your so called ball movement decreases the number of assist a team gets plus lowers their shooting percentage, I want no part of it. But please go ahead and explain how things were so much better Monday night!

Just more Marvin hate.

They dynamic of Marvin not playing..lol.

We just cant take a hard earned win. Its always something. We just cant say..."The team played good tonight and people stepped up when given their chance today" or " Josh didnt shoot well from the field but he a was force on the defensive end and on the boards." Its always since a certain player was out. What type of fans do we have here.

Tonight was a nice hard earn win against a good team and our defensive intensity was raised tonight at home. I was really proud of the team tonight. Bibby couldnt hit crap but hit a 3 that sealed the game. He came through in the clutch.

Like Duff Man said " On Hawksquawk even a win is a lost."

amen

• Moderators
There goes the juggling the line up theory! Didn't work out so well for New Orleans did it Macdaddy! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Right. I didn't say 'juggling the lineup always results in a win'. You change things up when the team isn't playing well. New Orleans was on a 6 or7 game winning streak. I don't think they were looking to make big changes.