• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Something must have gone right -------

Gray Mule

Out of town for a meeting. Couldn't watch or listen. Broadband blacked out, as usual,

so I didn't have the replay of the game to watch.

Knew the outcome. Waited for the highlights from NBA TV. Finally, about 12:20 they

talked about the game, with film. Seems, by their coverage, CP3 had a great game

last night and, by the way, Hawks won the game. :computer8:

Did get to see JJ feed Josh for the alley oop slam. Other than that, it was mostly

New Orleans did this and that and the other. :no-no:

:angel19: Seems that our team defense, which was in a coma and presumed dead,

has suddenly arisen to new life. Team chemestry, on life support, is back. Don't know

what happened. Josh Smith, forced to sit and watch the second half of the last loss,

has returned with a new attitude.

JJ has been in a terrible scoring funk. Not at all the all star we all knew and loved.

He's back! And, somewhere, I heard that Acie made an appearance last night. Hawks

continue their assault on that 37 win season! :hush:

Team effort? Must have been. That's what we needed.

:biggrin:

With 18 of the last 20 blacked out on broadband, I have mostly been "watching"

on the radio coverage. Sometimes, even it fails.

I remember a poem I learned as a child. Yeah, that WAS a long time ago.

When I think of it, I am reminded of our Hawk team. It describes them perfectly.

There was a little girl

who had a little curl

right in the middle of her forehead.

When she was good

she was very, very good

and when she was bad she was horrid.

No middling games for these Hawks. They are either hot or cold.

Hot, I like. Cold, I hate.

Come on Hawks. Stay hot!

With 18 of the last 20 blacked out on broadband, I have mostly been "watching"

on the radio coverage. Sometimes, even it fails.

I remember a poem I learned as a child. Yeah, that WAS a long time ago.

When I think of it, I am reminded of our Hawk team. It describes them perfectly.

There was a little girl

who had a little curl

right in the middle of her forehead.

When she was good

she was very, very good

and when she was bad she was horrid.

No middling games for these Hawks. They are either hot or cold.

Hot, I like. Cold, I hate.

Come on Hawks. Stay hot!

The Hawks played very good defense. With Joe at the top, CP3 forced bad passes with Josh, Al and Zaza in the passing lanes and contesting in-close shots. Acie played well.

If we handle Utah as they have handled Detroit and Nawlin's I will be impressed.

Utah being next, are the hottest team in the league.

And I wonder how much of this has been a springboard from what happened with Smoove?

I don't think it was coincidental. Smoove's resurgence after the incident lit a fire into everyone. That, and the fact we're at home. It's safe to say we're a tough team to beat at home. JJ was horrid against the Pistons, but we won, and swept em' for the season. It's a bright spot when your all star has a bad game and you win...especially vs. a good team. That hasn't been the case around here for awile.

Out of town for a meeting. Couldn't watch or listen. Broadband blacked out, as usual,

so I didn't have the replay of the game to watch.

Knew the outcome. Waited for the highlights from NBA TV. Finally, about 12:20 they

talked about the game, with film. Seems, by their coverage, CP3 had a great game

last night and, by the way, Hawks won the game. :computer8:

Did get to see JJ feed Josh for the alley oop slam. Other than that, it was mostly

New Orleans did this and that and the other. :no-no:

:angel19: Seems that our team defense, which was in a coma and presumed dead,

has suddenly arisen to new life. Team chemestry, on life support, is back. Don't know

what happened. Josh Smith, forced to sit and watch the second half of the last loss,

has returned with a new attitude.

JJ has been in a terrible scoring funk. Not at all the all star we all knew and loved.

He's back! And, somewhere, I heard that Acie made an appearance last night. Hawks

continue their assault on that 37 win season! :hush:

Team effort? Must have been. That's what we needed.

yeah Acie finally got a chance last night,could have been better though if he isn't always constantly ignored after his first pass. We were losing most of the game till Acie hit a go ahead 3 in the 2nd. Then after he hit Horford on the break for the slam (the plays in the highlights). He locked Paul down on defense when he was on him. He crossed up Paul and drove to the basket and layed it off to smoove for the jam on another play. Stats didn't look that great but he played very well.