Hawks' performance vs. Jazz/Blazers/Dallas may answer questions...

HAWKS1986

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody is saying get rid of Marvin (unless a good trade comes along). Just saying that we should be realistic about how our team works. Maybe Joe should start at the 3 and Marvin come off the bench.

I echo what you say Diesel...there is a different dynamic with Marvin not out there... I believe Marvin's future role will be as a sixth man coming off the bench if he stays with the Hawks..

And tonight's win versus the Pacers is providing increasing evidence that the Hawks a more explosive team without Marvin getting 40 minutes a game..

I echo what you say Diesel...there is a different dynamic with Marvin not out there... I believe Marvin's future role will be as a sixth man coming off the bench if he stays with the Hawks..

And tonight's win versus the Pacers is providing increasing evidence that the Hawks a more explosive team without Marvin getting 40 minutes a game..

Since when has marvin been getting 40 minutes per game?

The Hawks are more explosive when JJ and Mo are hitting their 3s. JJ has 3 straight 30 point games. We are still running the same JJ isos he is just hitting more often. BTW The Hawks only scored 3 pts over their average tonight. If that is your idea of explosive you might want to check out Websters Online Dictionary.

If we played against a small forward who could actually score Marvin's absence would be a little more noticeable.

• Moderators
I echo what you say Diesel...there is a different dynamic with Marvin not out there...

Yep. Woodson is forced to use his bench and against his best efforts find that he has productive reserves that he has been underutilizing all year.

• Premium Member

The Hawks are more explosive when JJ and Mo are hitting their 3s. JJ has 3 straight 30 point games. We are still running the same JJ isos he is just hitting more often. BTW The Hawks only scored 3 pts over their average tonight. If that is your idea of explosive you might want to check out Websters Online Dictionary.

If we played against a small forward who could actually score Marvin's absence would be a little more noticeable.

Did we run JJ isos tonight Ex?

In the third qtr when we made our comeback, we're we running JJ isos?

tell me what did you see? if anything?

• Premium Member

I love our so called fan base! You have to defend the Hawk's players these so call fans are suppose to be supportive of! Great message board!

• Premium Member
Yep. Woodson is forced to use his bench and against his best efforts find that he has productive reserves that he has been underutilizing all year.

This may be true... however, it still stands to reason that now we kinda have a feel for what works.

If the trade for oil went bad and you found out that your car runs better using water than gas... do you all the sudden switch back to gas once the trade gets better?

We've just found out that our team plays better with JJ at the Sf. Do we automatically put JJ back at SG full time when Marvin gets back? I say bring him off the bench.

You guys cant be serious. You want Mo Evans to start?? Mo Evans. What does he bring to the table again? Wasnt he supposed to be a defensive stopper but has yet to contain anyone. He only hits 3s. He cant finish anything inside the 3pt line no midrange jumper...Come on you cant be serious.

Marvin is out but we run the SAME OFFENSE. NOTHING has changed except Woody using the bench more. I mean Smoove wasnt even a factor in the game against the Pacers. I just think we are streaking right now. This is the same talk from the beginning of the season when we were winning without Smoove. Except instead of bashing Smoove are doing Marvin.

Some of you guys have the same mindset as BK.

This may be true... however, it still stands to reason that now we kinda have a feel for what works.

If the trade for oil went bad and you found out that your car runs better using water than gas... do you all the sudden switch back to gas once the trade gets better?

We've just found out that our team plays better with JJ at the Sf. Do we automatically put JJ back at SG full time when Marvin gets back? I say bring him off the bench.

Did you watch the game? Who was guarding JJ tonight?

First answer my question. Did we run isos to JJ in the third?

We ran isos for JJ all game. he even took a 3 from at least 5 feet behind the line in the 3rd. What does that have to do with anything?

That has no relevance to anything. Woody has been running JJ isos all year.

• Premium Member
We ran isos for JJ all game. he even took a 3 from at least 5 feet behind the line in the 3rd. What does that have to do with anything?

That has no relevance to anything. Woody has been running JJ isos all year.

Uhm.. Gord, that wasn't an iso.

Just for your information... and education, just because Joe has the ball in his hand... it is not an iso?

I can't believe that you call Joes Monster shot from a step beyond halfcourt an iso?@!!?! That has got to be the dumbest thing said on this messageboard.

Joe was obviously feeling it and he let it go while in transition. Half of the team hadn't even made it up the court yet. R U that green?

Iso??

Stop being a dumbass.

Yowsers...epic Dies-Ex arguments in TWO separate threads. Good times.

I do think its humorous that we b*tch and whine when we suck AND when we're playing well.

On topic, I agree that Marv should come off the bench. Its an added element teams haven't had to deal with before.

Uhm.. Gord, that wasn't an iso.

Just for your information... and education, just because Joe has the ball in his hand... it is not an iso?

I can't believe that you call Joes Monster shot from a step beyond halfcourt an iso?@!!?! That has got to be the dumbest thing said on this messageboard.

Joe was obviously feeling it and he let it go while in transition. Half of the team hadn't even made it up the court yet. R U that green?

Iso??

Stop being a dumbass.

Speaking of being a dumbass i didn't call his long 3 an iso. He just jacked up a shot without passing which he did a lot tonight.

You are such an idiot that you pointed out the whole in your argument and don't even realize it. the reason there weren't a lot of isos in the 3rd is that Indy couldn't score so the Hawks got a lot of transition opportunities.

Exodus:

Explosive may be a little strong... more effective, more consistent, better chemistry..

I'll check my thesaurus for other words...LOL

Exodus:

Explosive may be a little strong... more effective, more consistent, better chemistry..

I'll check my thesaurus for other words...LOL

Maybe you should check the facts first given that the Hawks average 98 per game on the season and are averaging 96.6 over their last 3 games.

Getting and holding the ball for 16 seconds while everyone else stands around? I consider that an ISO. We run it the whole dang game.

How about bringing Smoove off the bench?

• Moderators

If you are going to bring Marvin in for JJ you better run plays for Marvin as opposed to running our normal Flip/JJ iso offense. Marvin's defense and rebounding are clearly superior to Evans, IMO, so the upside would need to be chemistry and increased productivity on the second unit.

If you are going to bring Marvin in for JJ you better run plays for Marvin as opposed to running our normal Flip/JJ iso offense. Marvin's defense and rebounding are clearly superior to Evans, IMO, so the upside would need to be chemistry and increased productivity on the second unit.

If Marvin starts the game on the bench who is going to start the game guarding guys like Lebron and Pierce? Mo gets mauled by those guys and we don't want JJ in early foul trouble.

The Hawks have been fortunate not to face any high scoring 3s lately.