• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks vs Jazz Game Thread

drzachary

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great win. The Hawks are awesome at home. They've been coming up BIG for this homestand. These past 3 wins have been impressive as hell. I'm really enjoying watching them play.

Let's hope they don't have a let down against the Pacers.

(And on a sidenote...I can't believe I'm saying this, but Let's Go Celtics.)

LMAO, out of all the threads, Dolf chose this one......anybody else but me find that a tad bit funny.

Am I missing something? Why is it so funny that I chose the thread asking about people going to the game to be the game thread? Did I miss the other dozen or so Hawks vs Jazz threads to choose from?

Man I wanted to kill these guys tonight in the 3rd quarter with their lazy defense and then in the 4th with the missed FT's but our defense picked up and we got the game back under control and won it. I honestly didn't think that we'd win tonight but I'm proud of the guys for pulling it out.

• Admin

I love ending winning streaks. Especially this 12 game win streak for utah

I just love Horford's energy and attitude. Man did we luck out that we didn't get Oden.

JJ had a great game and I love that he seems to have his mojo back.

Great game from Smith as well as Flip.

Good start to this home stand so far.

We have already tied last years record!

I must admit when my lady got me a Joe Johnson's Jersey this year for V-Day I was like, Dang, JJ has been bad all year! why could she not have gotten me Big Al's jersey?...... HELL NO! I didn't say that to her. I like eating good :slap1: LOL (I was thinking it).

I am really happy to see JJ steping his game up! :friends1:

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

I still wish we could be consistent for 48 minutes, but whatever, it's a W over a team on a 12-game streak.

Speaking of which...we can't seem to get any help when we get on our streaks. Back when we went on our run during the December homestand, we made up no ground in the standings because Orlando was on their big streak.

Now that we're home again and starting to pick up steam, Wade refuses to let Miami go away.

FLIPPER!!!! Now that's a man of respect and I salute him. Mario playing hellish defense for signifigant minutes shouldn't surprise anybody. 20 rebounds between Josh and Al doesn't impress me, as it should be commonplace. As long as Joe drives the hole and shoots 48%+, I can't knock him at all and am confident the rest of his game will neatly fall into place. Great win for the home squiddy. With each passing game and our overall record without Marvin the past couple of years, I'm forced to ask "Marvin who?"

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
Man I wanted to kill these guys tonight in the 3rd quarter with their lazy defense and then in the 4th with the missed FT's but our defense picked up and we got the game back under control and won it. I honestly didn't think that we'd win tonight but I'm proud of the guys for pulling it out.

This game is why we need to hold down the 4th spot so badly. I feel that homecourt advantage in the first round guarantees that we will move on to the second round. This team surprises the heck out of me when they play at home. We can beat ANY team in the league at home.

EDIT*** 1000 posts baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by hawkman

• Premium Member
I still wish we could be consistent for 48 minutes, but whatever, it's a W over a team on a 12-game streak.

I think it wouldn't have even been close with Marvin in the game tonight. His defense and size at the forward spot would've helped, I think.

Kudos to Flip for stepping up in his absence.

Edited by mrhonline

:biggrin:

They, whoever "they" are, said, 37 win season for Atlanta sounded about right.

Well, Hawks now have that 37!

Do we have any games left? I believe so. And, I suppose we might just win a few

more before this thing is over.

Yeah, I missed the 1st half (Church night) and then listened to the third quarter,

which was horrid. (Blacked out, now 19 of 21) Great 4th quarter!!

Still don't have final word on MW. Maybe tomorrow.

Great game against a hot team!!

:biggrin:

• Premium Member
:angel19: Mario is unbelievable- non-stop energy and great on defense! Now can we get him to make foul shots? Josh makes some outstanding plays, then he makes me yell at my tv set (dribbles too much and loses ball, taking jump shots). I guess it's Josh being Josh. Overall Hawks look great!

I'm a GT basketball fan, so I can tell you that you can expect energy from this guy 100% of the time he's out there. Hewitt did an awesome job bringing in guys like Jack, West, Muhammad, and Bynum. All of those players have a tenacity and toughness that cannot be taught. I'm glad that Woodson recognizes and rewards those qualities.

I love ending winning streaks. Especially this 12 game win streak for utah

I just love Horford's energy and attitude. Man did we luck out that we didn't get Oden.

JJ had a great game and I love that he seems to have his mojo back.

Great game from Smith as well as Flip.

Good start to this home stand so far.

We have already tied last years record!

Holy crap, that was indeed win #37. Just need 5 more and we'll actually have *gasp* a winning season.

Edited by LOL_Hawks