• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Joe & Smoove = Better without Marvin?

Diesel

• Premium Member
We try to but we have so many Chris Paul/Deron Williams worshipers around here that when there favorite players get beat by the Hawks, they can't take it! So they have to find reasons why this happened! This is why there are so many stupid thread being created now!

I don't think I have seen 1 Deron Williams post on this board. WTFWT??

I guess that's your way Perioa. You just make up stuff and build up these fake a-- arguments and you run with it. But when real basketball comes around, you just take a side regardless of how wrong you are. Like Iverson's 2001 MVP? To doubt his worthiness of the MVP in 2001 is to really indict yourself of being an unknowledgeable fan. Dude, I'm laughing at the positions you take. In fact, if I'm on the same side as you, that's when I know I'm wrong because your basketball knowledge is equivalent to that of a little girl with a Marvin Williams Poster and no TV, radio, or internet.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
Umm, you do know that just because player A goes out and player B goes in doesn't mean player B is taking player A's position, right? I've seen Bibby go into a game and Zaza come out.

Sure, however, while I was watching the game... I saw Boozer and Milsap in and Milsap was playing Center. However, in order to speak to Ex... He needs the statsheet because he doesn't watch games.

We try to but we have so many Chris Paul/Deron Williams worshipers around here that when there favorite players get beat by the Hawks, they can't take it! So they have to find reasons why this happened! This is why there are so many stupid thread being created now!

I now see why you hate on Chris Paul so much. It's soley because of the draft huh? You are so defensive about Marv you absolutly refuse to acknowledge how good Chris Paul really is. It's a shame you'll be so wrapped up in the draft you'll never get to enjoy what will probably be one of the great PG's that will ever play this game.

I can't believe we're having this stupid conversation after the Hawks gritted out a victory (albeit, at home) vs. two playoff teams.

I am so sick of the "I like this player, therefore I must hate this player" mentality. I am so sick of the "ho hum, what else can the Hawks screw up" attitude around here. And I am so sick of the "well, the Hawks will never win another game" and the "Woodson is the spawn of Satan" threads.

Can't we just enjoy the ride even a little bit? Even a smidge?

LOL . . . Amen brotha. I wonder how many Hawks fans predicted a UTAH win last night?

Before the season started ( or at the beginning . . I can't remember which ), I said that if this team could win 30 home games, that we'll be just fine going into the playoffs. Last night was home win #23, with 11 more home games to go. Win 7 of those, and we'll have 44 wins.

With the way Miami is playing lately, we may need 45 wins to secure that 4th place spot in the East. I think we can get there, as long as we take care of business at home.

n order to speak to Ex...

I'll give you another bright idea D...if you don't want people chimming in on your conversation take it to a PM or email. This is a PUBLIC message board. Or is the great Dieselputer not able to compute that? Sucks being an Apple IIe in a world full of Macs doesn't it?

• Premium Member
I agree... I, personally, like every player on this team... They're all HAWKS... E

This is the problem. I don't like everybody that puts on a Hawks uniform. For instance, I don't like Speedy. I don't know if I like Garner or the other guy who doesn't play. I don't give people a pass just because they play for my favorite team. What happens when they go somewhere else? Do you stop liking them? It fits your model. If he's on your team, you like him.. so if he's not on your team, you're not obligated to like him??

For instance, I never stopped like Nique or Doc. I didn't like JT when we had him and now that he's in Dallas, I actually like his game a little more, but I still don't like him.

I guess what I'm saying truesiete, is that I consider the contribution a player makes to my favorite team. I probably will never like Speedy. He has taken, taken, taken from our team and we could probably have been a lot better had he never been on the team.

While Marvin doesn't inspire hate, he has done very little to make me like him. He takes up space that better players could have occupied. The promise that we were given is not close to coming to fruition. The day that he started making excuses for himself was the day that I stopped liking anything about him.

LOL . . . Amen brotha. I wonder how many Hawks fans predicted a UTAH win last night?

Before the season started ( or at the beginning . . I can't remember which ), I said that if this team could win 30 home games, that we'll be just fine going into the playoffs. Last night was home win #23, with 11 more home games to go. Win 7 of those, and we'll have 44 wins.

With the way Miami is playing lately, we may need 45 wins to secure that 4th place spot in the East. I think we can get there, as long as we take care of business at home.

We play Miami in our second to last game of the season at home. Shaping up to be one of the most important regular season games in a long, long time. I know every game is important, but it would be exciting if it comes down to us having home court or not!

• Premium Member
I'll give you another bright idea D...if you don't want people chimming in on your conversation take it to a PM or email. This is a PUBLIC message board. Or is the great Dieselputer not able to compute that? Sucks being an Apple IIe in a world full of Macs doesn't it?

This is a PUBLIC message board.

I think you need to re-evaluate what I said about "speaking to ex". I was not talking about private conversation.

Sure, however, while I was watching the game... I saw Boozer and Milsap in and Milsap was playing Center. However, in order to speak to Ex... He needs the statsheet because he doesn't watch games.

Agendaman just can't hide.

First of all i have watched all the games and secondly i have made no mention of Milsap. You are just trying to create strawmen as always.

You say Smith/JJ play better when Marvin is out but somehow it doesn't matter how they play with Marvin is in? How do you know they plays better when Marvin is out if you have nothing to compare it too?

You were the one who made mention of stats earlier when referring to the "fact" that JJ/Smith played better without Marvin. However you never actually provided those stats.

This is a PUBLIC message board.

I think you need to re-evaluate what I said about "speaking to ex". I was not talking about private conversation.

So you're TELLING me you didn't BOLD "in order to speak to Ex" for any SIGNIFICANT reason? A SIMPLE bolding accident HUH? I UNDERSTAND. I tend to HAVE more capS LOCK accidents mySELF.

• Premium Member
I guess that's your way Perioa. You just make up stuff and build up these fake a-- arguments and you run with it. But when real basketball comes around, you just take a side regardless of how wrong you are. I'm laughing at the positions you take. In fact, if I'm on the same side as you, that's when I know I'm wrong .

That's funny, I was feeling the same way about you!

Edited by Peoriabird

• Premium Member
Like Iverson's 2001 MVP? To doubt his worthiness of the MVP in 2001 is to really indict yourself of being an unknowledgeable fan.

By the way, A dude that you may have heard of averaged 29 points per game 13 rebounds per game 4 assist per game 3 block shots per game while shooting 57% from the field that same year. And yeah, he won the championship too! Oh I forgot, he was the NBA final's MVP that year too!

Edited by Peoriabird

• Premium Member
So you're TELLING me you didn't BOLD "in order to speak to Ex" for any SIGNIFICANT reason? A SIMPLE bolding accident HUH? I UNDERSTAND. I tend to HAVE more capS LOCK accidents mySELF.

I was referring to how Ex tried to define the game using the gamelog the other day.

My point in bolding it was to allow you to see that I was speaking Ex's language. Not that i have some private conversation with Ex.

• Premium Member
By the way, A dude that you may have heard of averaged 29 points per game 13 rebounds per game 4 assist per game 3 block shots per game while shooting 57% from the field that same year. And yeah, he won the championship too! Oh I forgot, he was the NBA final's MVP that year too!

Yeah, but that guy you speak of acknowledged that he was not more worthy of the MVP than Iverson. And his coach and media in his town did also. BTW, that's why you have a finals MVP.

I was referring to how Ex tried to define the game using the gamelog the other day.

My point in bolding it was to allow you to see that I was speaking Ex's language. Not that i have some private conversation with Ex.

My APOLOGIES then DieselPUTER BUT it sure READ that WAY.

• Premium Member
So where are these mysterious stats? Did you get them from your favorite website?

Smoove against the Bulls = 17, 14, 3

Smoove against Toronto = 22, 14, 3

Smoove against Houston = 29, 2, 1

Smoove against Orlando = 17, 10, 1

Smoove against New Orleans= 13, 13, 3

Then Utah.

Smoove's average = 15, 7, 2

Both guy's game elevate when Marvin is not there.

I think a big part is Joe at the Sf.

He has a great advantage over Sfs and if he's switched to the pF, he grinds them up like meat. Boozer looked like Bozo the clown when he was switched on Joe on the perimeter. Joe sized him up and drove him inside. As quick as Boozer is for a PF, he's slow to Joe.

Defensively, you got to applaud Woody. He put Joe on Deron and Bibby didn't guard Deron or we played Zone.

The other thing is that Smoove's game also improves in the abs of Marvin. That is harder to understand. But in the small sample, Smoove has more complete games when Marv's not out there.

Such a hater.

Smoove against the Bulls = 17, 14, 3

Smoove against Toronto = 22, 14, 3

Smoove against Houston = 29, 2, 1

Smoove against Orlando = 17, 10, 1

Smoove against New Orleans= 13, 13, 3

Then Utah.

Smoove's average = 15, 7, 2

But i thought it was irrelevant what Smith did with Marvin playing? I guess you changed your tune.

So are you trying to say that Marvin's absence makes Smith get nearly 4 more rebounds per game? Why is that? Is it because Marvin is such a dominant rebounder or is it because Smith spends more time away from the basket playing the 3?

I wouldn't say they are better without marv but they haven't missed a step on either end of the floor. I'm assuming Joe has been playing the 3 on D and 2 on O. If that is the case he is simply a better 3 than Marv. Joe has played about 43 minutes per contest the past 3 games and that leaves little room for minutes for a backup. The only clear advantage I see without Marv is the overall quickness of the team. This team would be scary if you would add a stud SG.

Bibby

Stud 2

Joe

JS

Al