• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sund's decision

buckeye242424

to sign Flip does not get enough credit. He fits in perfect with our non-existent offense. Sund was well aware when he came here that the Hawks have no identity on offense. Our buckets come off transition and iso's. He knew this. So he went and signed a player that can create his own shot, will take big shots = has no conscience, is selfish, and talented all in one. When you have no offense, Flip is the perfect player. Someone has to have the skills to score when there is no offense being run. Flip does. Great signing by Sund.

to sign Flip does not get enough credit. He fits in perfect with our non-existent offense. Sund was well aware when he came here that the Hawks have no identity on offense. Our buckets come off transition and iso's. He knew this. So he went and signed a player that can create his own shot, will take big shots = has no conscience, is selfish, and talented all in one. When you have no offense, Flip is the perfect player. Someone has to have the skills to score when there is no offense being run. Flip does. Great signing by Sund.

We really need to resign this guy! Big props to Sund - so far I love his approach. I'm really looking forward to see what he's thinking after the year is through, if he shares some of those thoughts publically.

Flip is making it easy to let Bibby go. I think Bibby might look to cash in this offseason. He will be out of our price range. Given the contracts coming up Hawks gotta save money whereever possible. Hawks can use the money saved from re-signing Bibby to bring Chill back over. This would mean handing the PG job over the Law. I am not sure he is ready for it. I think we should give him a chance next year to prove himself.

i still see us getting a point guard in the draft coming up, which would mean that bibby is as good as gone. but i think we do need to resign flip, marvin, and zaza.

childress isn't going to come back. it would be stupid for him to at least until the economy strightens out. if you think about it, he's getting paid i think over 13 million US gross. he might not get half of that in the US. right now he's the smartest one in the room.

• Premium Member

I would look to keep Bibby on a good contract. I say 4 years 29.5 Million. Economically, teams all over will be tightening up the belt. The only western team that I think would call Bibs would be LAL and Golden State. Neither have capspace so a deal could be made. There's also Houston but again, capspace = issue.

Yup, a few yrs ago I hoped Salim would develop into a guard that we could bring into the game to close it out due to his closing abilities in college. Then I sorta hoped Acie given his history would do it. But then along comes Flip who does it perfectly, great signing and we need to resign for sure. I think we could have won a few more games this year if Woody would have given the ball to Flip instead of Joe in the last few minutes. Joe is our best player but he's not a 1on1, draw fouls kinda player like Flip.

Btw, by no means am I saying Flip should be playing more minutes, actually I'd try a little less. I Acie should get 5 or 10 minutes more mpg, largely taking minutes from Flip and Joe. But I'd play Flip down the stretch of most close games and play off him as much as Joe or Bibby. Other than the fact that he slaps at the ball a little too much, I like Flip's defense also.

• Premium Member
Yup, a few yrs ago I hoped Salim would develop into a guard that we could bring into the game to close it out due to his closing abilities in college. Then I sorta hoped Acie given his history would do it. But then along comes Flip who does it perfectly, great signing and we need to resign for sure. I think we could have won a few more games this year if Woody would have given the ball to Flip instead of Joe in the last few minutes. Joe is our best player but he's not a 1on1, draw fouls kinda player like Flip.

Btw, by no means am I saying Flip should be playing more minutes, actually I'd try a little less. I Acie should get 5 or 10 minutes more mpg, largely taking minutes from Flip and Joe. But I'd play Flip down the stretch of most close games and play off him as much as Joe or Bibby. Other than the fact that he slaps at the ball a little too much, I like Flip's defense also.

I haven't totally given up on Acie, but I'm not willing to turn the team over to him either.