• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Mike Bibby

Wurider05

This contract will most likely be his last one anyway and he has never had the chance to choose where he plays. My question is why do we think it is guaranteed that he wants to comeback. He may want to go back to the west coast or play for a true contender. He has been pretty quite and I have never heard any reports of him wanting to stay or go for that matter. There are going to be teams that come after him hard.

Edited by Wurider05

This contract will most likely be his last one anyway and he has never had the chance to choose where he plays. My question is why do we think it is guaranteed that he wants to comeback. He may want to go back to the west coast or play for a true contender. He has been pretty quite and I have never heard any reports of him wanting to stay or go for that matter. There are going to be teams that come after him hard.

What "true contender" doesn't already have a PG they are happy with? I don't think there are going to be any teams that are any better than the Hawks wanting him IMO.

After last year, the way were playing now, and the playoffs to come...we won't be a true contender in the East next year?

• Premium Member
What "true contender" doesn't already have a PG they are happy with? I don't think there are going to be any teams that are any better than the Hawks wanting him IMO.

Houston is the biggest threat IMO. Portland, Lakers, or Denver could also be options.

• Premium Member
Portland is no closer than Atlanta, Denver has Billups and do the Lakers have any more $$$ than us to spend?

You're right about Denver, don't know what I was thinking lol, brain fart I guess.

But, I'm just stating the possibilities. Portland with the addition of Bibby would be MUCH better than they are now. And, I still think Houston is a big possibility.

You're right about Denver, don't know what I was thinking lol, brain fart I guess.

But, I'm just stating the possibilities. Portland with the addition of Bibby would be MUCH better than they are now. And, I still think Houston is a big possibility.

I don't see why. Blake is shooting 43% from 3, making over 100 so far. He has an excellent assist to turnover ratio and is a far better defender than Bibby.

• Premium Member
I don't see why. Blake is shooting 43% from 3, making over 100 so far.

Bibby is still a better scorer and a more prolific shooter. He's also much better at the PnR and Aldridge is almost the perfect big to run it with.

He has an excellent assist to turnover ratio and is a far better defender than Bibby.

Their A/TO ratios aren't all that dissimilar. Bibby's is 3/1 and Blakes is 3.42/1. If we ran the PnR more Bibby could get more assists.

Being a better defender than Bibby isn't saying much. Blake isn't a good defender at all, but I definitely agree he's better.

Regardless there have been rumors that Portland is interested in Bibby for a while (forgot where I saw all of them now) and he'd definitely improve them IMO.

Edited by AtLaS

I would think Houston would be a strong threat as well. I hope Bibby likes it here and believes we are on to something. Also, he was with Sac for a long time so maybe he's not a fan of re-locating and is maybe looking for a "home".

I would think Houston would be a strong threat as well. I hope Bibby likes it here and believes we are on to something. Also, he was with Sac for a long time so maybe he's not a fan of re-locating and is maybe looking for a "home".

Bibby would only want to stay in ATL only if management offer a contract to his liking. With Marvin's contract and Acie in the wings, I really doubting that management want to keep him. Keep in mind, Woody might not be with us next year.

Bibby would only want to stay in ATL only if management offer a contract to his liking. With Marvin's contract and Acie in the wings, I really doubting that management want to keep him. Keep in mind, Woody might not be with us next year.

If we make it to the 2nd round Woody will probably be here another year. Hell, even if we bow out in the first round our record will probably get him another year. For those not wanting to get to the 2nd round simply to possibly get rid of Woody, I will tell you that's a bad plan. Our guys will beneifit much more by making it to the 2nd round than by getting rid of Woody. And I am NOT a fan of his.

I think Bibby's at the point in his career where both money and location will weigh heavily on his decision. He has to realize that he won't be making the same kind of money he currently makes; and I would guess, his biggest offers are going to be from non-contenders.

Do you really think he'll take the biggest offer if it means forgoing a championship ring? I would like to think Bibby is more concerned with that ring. In addition, he may also like the security of a longer contract for less money.

If the Hawks make a respectable offer to him - one that makes him feel wanted/needed by the Hawks - I think we could be the front-runners to resign him. However, if another hypothetical contender makes a similar offer but for more money or more years, there's a good chance he follows the money trail towards the ring.

* BTW, I'm referring to location in my opening sentence as locations of contenders, NOT the cold vs the beach vs where his family wants to be, etc.