• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2 live Stews on the Hawks

Brotha2ThaNite

I was just listening to the Podcast of the 2LiveStews from early today. They were talking about the Hawks, Hawks' fans, JJ, Marvin and Smoove. They played a clip of Smoove saying he has been letting the fans down all season and I just want to prove myself worthy of being a Hawk. I 'm to work my butt off from now on! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I was like Wow, I could not believe he said that. Props goes to J-Smoove!!!

Here is a clip of the show if you would like to hear what was all said. LINK

Must say, I'm suprised he came out and said that too. I am glad he is not satisfied with his play and is committed to working harder. Its pretty suprising to hear him say he thinks he is letting the fans down. Good to know he really cares and seems motivated. Maybe those hometown boos after stupid and lazy decisions is getting through to him. Too bad he could not just listen to what his coach has been preaching to him for years now.

If he can motivate himself to play hard every night the rest of the league better watch out. Josh cannot be his worst enemy anymore.

thats a good clip and worth posting for sure, so dont take offense to this statement:

the 2 live stews are bumbling fools. seriously, i dont understand how any intelligent person could choose to listen to these idiots.

in this clip they mention how they are "glad the Hawks beat Utah last night because when 'Duh-ron' Williams from the Jazz came on, he didn't seem like he wanted to be here." Uh, or maybe he was just mad that you kept mispronouncing his name as an invited guest????

Later, the same guy who couldnt get Deron Williams' name right says he is a "huge fan of Mike Woodson. Fans who want him fired are crazy."

Seriously, if you want to dumb your brain that much, save yourself some time and smoke crack. It's much more efficient.

How are these hacks even on the air???

Edited by bumpyphish1

• Premium Member
thats a good clip and worth posting for sure, so dont take offense to this statement:

the 2 live stews are bumbling fools. seriously, i dont understand how any intelligent person could choose to listen to these idiots.

in this clip they mention how they are "glad the Hawks beat Utah last night because when 'Duh-ron' Williams from the Jazz came on, he didn't seem like he wanted to be here." Uh, or maybe he was just mad that you kept mispronouncing his name as an invited guest????

Later, the same guy who couldnt get Deron Williams' name right says he is a "huge fan of Mike Woodson. Fans who want him fired are crazy."

Seriously, if you want to dumb your brain that much, save yourself some time and smoke crack. It's much more efficient.

Simmer down buddy. Do you know these dudes personally? Me...I love the show. It's nice to listen to a show that doesn't rip into the backside of players constantly. Best show on radio imo. I'm sorry this fact makes me an idiot in your mind.

ps...he actually pronounces his name incorrectly on purpose.

Bottom line: It's OK that you hate that show but suggesting that someone isn't intelligent for listening is a little insulting.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Dude.... I listen to the stews sometimes. That doesn't mean that I'm any less intelligent than the ones that listen to Buck and Kincade. Having said that, I do listen to the Buck and Kincade more because they're topic are more relevant to ATL sports. The Stews are national synidcated now so they cover a plethora of topics.

Maybe The Stews should "lighten up", right??

Edited by Swatguy

Simmer down buddy. Do you know these dudes personally? Me...I love the show. It's nice to listen to a show that doesn't rip into the backside of players constantly. Best show on radio imo. I'm sorry this fact makes me an idiot in your mind.

ps...he actually pronounces his name incorrectly on purpose.

Bottom line: It's OK that you hate that show but suggesting that someone isn't intelligent for listening is a little insulting.

I agree with that statement.

People love to call others names without getting to know that person.

I have met the Stews and those guys were very nice. They tried to give me free beer.... I just don't drink beer. lol

They both are very down to earth guys.

I think that it just points out that we don't really know any of these guys motivations. Its pretty obvious that Josh hasn't been content with his money this year, when a dude is content he looks like Tim Thomas, Josh has been PISSED OFF. We don't know what the reason is but either his game was slipping and it messed with his head or his head was whacked out and it screwed up his game. It seems like he's got both things working a little bit now.

I think Josh has always loved the fans in ATL. Its obvious that he's a comptetive guy. He has some maturity issues sometimes (but so does KG/Kobe/Shaq), but he likes the game.

Let me guess middle aged white guy who grew up on old school talk radio. Show isn't for everybody. I love the show. Guess I'm unintelligent. Oh well. But, it seems to me you might just be a bigoted intolerant *ss. So who's higher on the food chain?

Let me guess middle aged white guy who grew up on old school talk radio. Show isn't for everybody. I love the show. Guess I'm unintelligent. Oh well. But, it seems to me you might just be a bigoted intolerant *ss. So who's higher on the food chain?

Let me guess...young, urban black male who loves new "hip-hop" and can't stand guys like Skip Bayless. It seems you might be a reverse-bigoted *ss. It goes both ways.

He just doesn't like them. Get over it.

Let me guess...young, urban black male who loves new "hip-hop" and can't stand guys like Skip Bayless. It seems you might be a reverse-bigoted *ss. It goes both ways.

He just doesn't like them. Get over it.

nope. I'm 34 years old and listen to motown and 80's hiphop. And I didn't say people who listen to skip or whoever are unintelligent. I don't care what people like or say "so-so" shouldn't be on the air Duffy. See the difference?

nope. I'm 34 years old and listen to motown and 80's hiphop. And I didn't say people who listen to skip or whoever are unintelligent. I don't care what people like or say "so-so" shouldn't be on the air Duffy. See the difference?

I am 33, white, and have an old-school rap (when did it become hip hop? Stetsasonic?) collection that will make your head spin. I do not like the Stews, though. If I remember correctly, they were big on defending Deangelo Hall and Mike Vick. I may be thinking of another show, but I am pretty sure it was them. That's enough to warrant not listening.

I am 33, white, and have an old-school rap (when did it become hip hop? Stetsasonic?) collection that will make your head spin. I do not like the Stews, though. If I remember correctly, they were big on defending Deangelo Hall and Mike Vick. I may be thinking of another show, but I am pretty sure it was them. That's enough to warrant not listening.

That's fine I have no problem with that. Did you even read what the other guy wrote? If he had of simply said he doesn't like it, who cares. But, don't attack others who like it intelligence or my favorite part

What's that all about? I stand by my previous statement.

Oh and by the way HipHop is the culture not the music. It was always hiphop. Rap is just 1/5 of it.

Edited by sultanofatl

• Premium Member

There... You guys have something in common.

"Can't we all just get along."

-MrHOnline the other day.

-GreyMule all the time.

-Exodus Never.

-Several Comedians.

-Originally Rodney King.

• Premium Member

I think we should call offsetting penalties and call this one dead. agree???

That's fine I have no problem with that. Did you even read what the other guy wrote? If he had of simply said he doesn't like it, who cares. But, don't attack others who like it intelligence or my favorite part

What's that all about? I stand by my previous statement.

Oh and by the way HipHop is the culture not the music. It was always hiphop. Rap is just 1/5 of it.

Allow me to add this to prove I am non-biased:

Who listens to sports talk radio for the intelligent conversation anyways?