• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hey Statguys?

Diesel

• Premium Member

How many more games with strong defensive showings do we need before we have an good sample size?

:cheers:

We don't just have a good record without Marvin. We're un -de -damn feated without Marvin.

Just give me a number of games we need before we have a "good" sample size. Remember, there's only 82 games in the season.

How many more games with strong defensive showings do we need before we have an good sample size?

We don't just have a good record without Marvin. We're un -de -damn feated without Marvin.

Just give me a number of games we need before we have a "good" sample size. Remember, there's only 82 games in the season.

We are also un de dam feated without JJ. Beating Indy without their two best scorers might impress you but i doubt it impresses most here.

What happened to Smith playing so much better without Marvin?

Diesel name a decent wing player the Hawks have played against since Marvin went down?

• Premium Member
We are also un de dam feated without JJ. Beating Indy without their two best scorers might impress you but i doubt it impresses most here.

What happened to Smith playing so much better without Marvin?

Yesterday this INdy team was 6-4 in their last 10. Averaging 106 points per game...

Don't start making excuses for them now!!

Yesterday this INdy team was 6-4 in their last 10. Averaging 106 points per game...

Five of those wins were Sactown, memphis, Clipps, Minny and the Bulls. The only quality team they beat was denver and Denver was ice cold that game, shooting 36%.

They are 11 games under .500 and missing their two leading scorers.

• Premium Member
Five of those wins were Sactown, memphis, Clipps, Minny and the Bulls. The only quality team they beat was denver and Denver was ice cold that game, shooting 36%.

They are 11 games under .500 and missing their two leading scorers.

Everybody in your world has an excuse.

They beat Denver but Denver was ice cold?

Gee... I wonder why one of the top teams in the West couldn't just blow through this team missing two players the way we did? They were ice cold. Maybe you ought to do that from now on Ex. When we beat PTL. You can come on and say... well, they were ice cold. Then when we rip Dallas a new one you can say.. Well, they were ice cold. Then when we kick the Laker's arse... Well, they were ice cold too!

I mean, that's a good way to not give teams credit.

Good one Ex!

Who were the 6 wins against?

Minnesota, Chicago, Memphis, Denver, Sacramento, and the LA Clippers.

Yes, Denver is a good team, and that was a solid win for them, but that's the only team with a winning record. Even including them, the opponents' records in those 6 victories is a combined 134-254 (34.5%).

So no, beating a team that had just beaten up on garbage teams does NOT impress me-especially when they're down their two leading scorers.

But keep pushing your "JJ is better without Marvin" theory. And you can add Mario West into the list of players who is better when Marvin isn't playing. Obviously he's dragging down our entire roster. I say we cut him and immediately go out and sign Reggie Miller, wherever he is.

Edited by bronnt

Everybody in your world has an excuse.

They beat Denver but Denver was ice cold?

Gee... I wonder why one of the top teams in the West couldn't just blow through this team missing two players the way we did? They were ice cold. Maybe you ought to do that from now on Ex. When we beat PTL. You can come on and say... well, they were ice cold. Then when we rip Dallas a new one you can say.. Well, they were ice cold. Then when we kick the Laker's arse... Well, they were ice cold too!

I mean, that's a good way to not give teams credit.

Good one Ex!

Every team goes cold at times. Even good shooters like JJ go through long cold spells. if you actually watched the games you would know this.

Funny you talking about excuses when that was all you ever did regarding childress. It was always "he is just playing his role" when people talked about his lack of scoring. You never, and i mean never, criticized Childress no matter how bad he played. When Childress choked at the line over and over you would never mention it.

You are accomplishing nothing other than making yourself look even more foolish...... now that i think about it that is actually quite an accomplishment at this point.

• Premium Member
they beat was denver and Denver was ice cold that game, shooting 36%.

Ex, I was so intrigued by this ice cold phenomenon, that I wanted the Associated Presses take...

The AP didn't mention "ice cold".

They did say:

"Pacers get balance scoring in win over Nuggets"

They did say:

"Jarrett Jack had 28 points and eight assists, Troy Murphy had 22 points and 18 rebounds and the Indiana Pacers beat the Denver Nuggets 100-94 on Sunday night.

Marquis Daniels added 19 points and six rebounds for the Pacers, who've made a habit of beating the league's top teams. Indiana has defeated the Los Angeles Lakers, Boston, Cleveland, Orlando and now, Denver."

Wow.. it's something about this ice cold thing you're talking about that makes the other team play better.

• Premium Member
Who were the 6 wins against?

Minnesota, Chicago, Memphis, Denver, Sacramento, and the LA Clippers.

Yes, Denver is a good team, and that was a solid win for them, but that's the only team with a winning record. Even including them, the opponents' records in those 6 victories is a combined 134-254 (34.5%).

So no, beating a team that had just beaten up on garbage teams does NOT impress me-especially when they're down their two leading scorers.

But keep pushing your "JJ is better without Marvin" theory. And you can add Mario West into the list of players who is better when Marvin isn't playing. Obviously he's dragging down our entire roster. I say we cut him and immediately go out and sign Reggie Miller, wherever he is.

What about PTL?

They Lost to PTL, but don't you remember what happened there?

PORTLAND, Ore.(AP) Brandon Roy was a bit taken aback when he got a call with 1.7 seconds left that would alllow the Trail Blazers to potentially beat the Pacers on a pair of free throws.

But he wasn't too stunned to make the shots, and the free throws were among Roy's 28 points in Portland's 107-105 victory over Indiana on Wednesday night.

"Yeah, I was a little surprised because any time you make a call with one or two seconds on the clock there's going to be arguments,'' Roy said.

The Blazers, who trailed by as many as 14 points in the second half, have won 10 straight at the Rose Garden, where they are 25-5 overall.

Doesn't this same team playing on a second night of a back to back... losing on a foul call with 1.7 seconds left... mean anything. I mean, if you're going to call "ice cold" for the Denver win.. what do you say for the loss in PTL?

Marquis Daniels added 19 points and six rebounds for the Pacers, who've made a habit of beating the league's top teams. Indiana has defeated the Los Angeles Lakers, Boston, Cleveland, Orlando and now, Denver."

Wow.. it's something about this ice cold thing you're talking about that makes the other team play better.

Granger was playing against those other teams.

You are so desperate to prove your case against Marvin that all you can do is point to one game to try to say Indy hasn't been playing weak opponents. Pretty sad.

I'll ask again who was guarding JJ tonight? Diesel? Is anyone home?

funny_monkey.jpg

The obvious sign that Ex is down and out and grasping for straws. Constant subject changes and pictures.

I guess that's a wrap..

It's a wrap because you got punk'd again.

You have been going on and on about JJ playing better at the 3 because he can score more easily against 3s. Tonight JJ was guarded by Daniels and Jack. Neither play the 3 and JJ went off on them just like he went off the last two games.

However since tonights game doesn't fit in with your theory you aren't even willing to say who was guarding JJ.

• Premium Member
It's a wrap because you got punk'd again.

You have been going on and on about JJ playing better at the 3 because he can score more easily against 3s. Tonight JJ was guarded by Daniels and Jack. Neither play the 3 and JJ went off on them just like he went off the last two games.

However since tonights game doesn't fit in with your theory you aren't even willing to say who was guarding JJ.

RU saying that Daniels wasn't playing the three when they had Ford, Jack, and Daniels on the floor together?

What was he playing off guard?

Moreover, Indy did a lot of switching too. I saw Ford on JJ a few times. IN fact, a lot of times in the third, Joe would drive into traffic, draw defenders and kick out to wide open Shooters.

Hell, every three that Mo shot in the third, he had a millenium to think about it. So did Bibby. So did Flip.

But there were no Iso Joes as you said earlier? What game were you watching? We played some of the best team basketball we have played all year in the third.

So keep trying to search Photobucket... We all know your resignation when we see it.