• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hey Statguys?

Diesel

Everybody in your world has an excuse.

They beat Denver but Denver was ice cold?

Gee... I wonder why one of the top teams in the West couldn't just blow through this team missing two players the way we did? They were ice cold. Maybe you ought to do that from now on Ex. When we beat PTL. You can come on and say... well, they were ice cold. Then when we rip Dallas a new one you can say.. Well, they were ice cold. Then when we kick the Laker's arse... Well, they were ice cold too!

I mean, that's a good way to not give teams credit.

Good one Ex!

LOL D....I think you gottem on this one.....dead to rights. :no-no:

Edited by DJlaysitup

RU saying that Daniels wasn't playing the three when they had Ford, Jack, and Daniels on the floor together?

What was he playing off guard?

Moreover, Indy did a lot of switching too. I saw Ford on JJ a few times. IN fact, a lot of times in the third, Joe would drive into traffic, draw defenders and kick out to wide open Shooters.

Hell, every three that Mo shot in the third, he had a millenium to think about it. So did Bibby. So did Flip.

But there were no Iso Joes as you said earlier? What game were you watching? We played some of the best team basketball we have played all year in the third.

So keep trying to search Photobucket... We all know your resignation when we see it.

Daniels played the 3 because they didn't have anyone else to play it with Granger and Dunleavy out.

Jack and Ford are both pgs. Are you trying to say that Jack is a 2?

JJ had all kinds of isos tonight. If you don't think he was running isos then you are simply clueless. The only difference in the 3rd is that indy couldn't score so the Hawks were able to get out in transition.

The Hawks half court offense has been the same all year. it didnt suddenly change when marvin went out.

LOL D....I think you gottem on this one.....dead to rights. :no-no:

yeah pointing to one game is a great argument, kind of on par with your Belkin arguments.

The Hawks blew out the defending champ Pistons on their home court the year they won 13 games. One game doesn't mean much.

I would say you need at least 1/4 of a season (20 games) to be able to have a decent sample size. Ideally more but I think you can really start to spot trends in 20 games. So that is the answer I would say for your question.

What about PTL?

They Lost to PTL, but don't you remember what happened there?

Doesn't this same team playing on a second night of a back to back... losing on a foul call with 1.7 seconds left... mean anything. I mean, if you're going to call "ice cold" for the Denver win.. what do you say for the loss in PTL?

Whatever. They ALMOST took Portland to OT. They also ALMOST lost to the Clippers. The Clippers are closer to the bottom of the league than the Trailblazers are to the top of it. Regardless, there's only two results to a basketball game-a W or an L. "Almost" only counts in...well you know the rest.

Face it, beating Indiana doesn't prove anything. The win over the Jazz was a good one (albeit against a team that struggles on the road) and this one was much less impressive.

Edited by bronnt

Awe C'mon ex........D has gotcha on this one :kickcan:

Yeah just like you "got" AHF about Belkin.

Anything can happen in one game. The fact that Diesel is pointing to only one Indy game instead of looking at their entire record just shows how weak his argument is.

Granger is their best player by far but they have a winning record without him. Why is that?

*crickets*

I would say the sample size needs to include at least a handful of road games to be meaningful.

The Hawks have been good at home for a while now, with or without Marvin. If they start going on the road and beating top teams then I'll at least begin to entertain the thought that Diesel may be on to something. Until then, I'm going to stick to logic and rationale - that the Hawks having one less athletic, 6'8" swingman with good accuracy from deep can only hurt them, and simply discard anything printed from the agenda-driven wasteland that is the Dieselputer.

The only reason it could be helpful that Marvin is down is that it forces Woody to actually give meaningful minutes to guys further down the bench and to rely on them for production, which, as it were, they seem to have been more than capable of giving him all this time.

Edited by jhay610

• Premium Member
I would say the sample size needs to include at least a handful of road games to be meaningful.

The Hawks have been good at home for a while now, with or without Marvin. If they start going on the road and beating top teams then I'll at least begin to entertain the thought that Diesel may be on to something. Until then, I'm going to stick to logic and rationale - that the Hawks having one less athletic, 6'8" swingman with good accuracy from deep can only hurt them, and simply discard anything printed from the agenda-driven wasteland that is the Dieselputer.

The only reason it could be helpful that Marvin is down is that it forces Woody to actually give meaningful minutes to guys further down the bench and to rely on them for production, which, as it were, they seem to have been more than capable of giving him all this time.

My friend, you need to understand the importance of Chemistry in basketball.

I have been through:

JR Rider.

Jim Jackson

JT

Shareef

Big Dog.

Hell, even Moses Malone, Reggie Theus, and Dominique Wilkins.

Just because it looks good on paper. And Just because a player is good individually, doesn't mean that he's good for the chemistry of the team. The fact that we are undefeated without Marvin, that our team looks cohesive without Marvin, that it seems like we run offense without Marvin speaks more to chemistry than it does Home court advantage.

• Premium Member
Just because it looks good on paper. And Just because a player is good individually, doesn't mean that he's good for the chemistry of the team. The fact that we are undefeated without Marvin, that our team looks cohesive without Marvin, that it seems like we run offense without Marvin speaks more to chemistry than it does Home court advantage.

So its just a coincidence that we are 6-0 at home without Marvin and only 1-0 on the road with the lone road victory against Chicago. And it is only a coincidence that we have only lost 6 games all season at home regardless of injury for example we are 3-1 at home without Josh Smith, 4-2 at home with Horford out. In fact, the hawks are 1-0 with both horford and Smith out at home. By the way, we are an under .500 team on the road but yet 2-0 on the road with out Joe Johnson. Does this mean that there is a chemistry problem, of course not. Now does it mean that Diesel is a lunatic? Maybe!

Edited by Peoriabird

• Premium Member
So its just a coincidence that we are 6-0 at home without Marvin and only 1-0 on the road with the lone road victory against Chicago. And it is only a coincidence that we have only lost 6 games all season at home regardless of injury for example we are 3-1 at home without Josh Smith, 4-2 at home with Horford out. In fact, the hawks are 1-0 with both horford and Smith out at home. By the way, we are an under .500 team on the road but yet 2-0 on the road with out Joe Johnson. Does this mean that there is a chemistry problem, of course not. Now does it mean that Diesel is a lunatic? Maybe!

Those Joe Johnson games. You mean at Minny and at Charlotte?

combined 47 - 85

Minny has more road wins than Home wins!!!!

:beat:

LOL . . . Diesel couldn't wait for Marvin to get hurt, to see how this team plays without him.

We're winning lately, because JJ has been playing like a MVP candidate lately, and has been red hot in the first half of games.

His stats the last 3 games:

30.3 ppg

3.7 rebs

5.7 asst

33 - 64 FG ( 52% )

10 - 19 3FG ( 53% )

15 - 15 FT ( 1000% )

He had that horrific January, but has started to come back around ever since the All-Star break.

LOL . . . Diesel couldn't wait for Marvin to get hurt, to see how this team plays without him.

We're winning lately, because JJ has been playing like a MVP candidate lately, and has been red hot in the first half of games.

His stats the last 3 games:

30.3 ppg

3.7 rebs

5.7 asst

33 - 64 FG ( 52% )

10 - 19 3FG ( 53% )

15 - 15 FT ( 1000% )

He had that horrific January, but has started to come back around ever since the All-Star break.

Come on now can't you see that Marvin's absence is the reason JJ is hitting his shots? If Marvin was playing there is now way JJ would be making all of his free throws and shooting 53% from 3.

• Premium Member
Those Joe Johnson games. You mean at Minny and at Charlotte?

combined 47 - 85

Minny has more road wins than Home wins!!!!

:beat:

Didn't we just lose to Charlotte at full strength on the road but swept the Bulls this year which is the only team we beat on the road without Marvin?