• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Heat keeping the heat on Atlanta.....................

Gray Mule

Atlanta 38-28 ----- Heat 36-29 /// Just 1 1/2 games seperate us.

We, the Hawks had played 2 more games than the Heat until today.

With their victory today, we still have a 2 game lead in the win column.

:offtopic2: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which is stronger, the east or the west? Depends on who you ask. There are

some fine teams in both divisions. However, in the bottom of each division

there seems to be no doubt. The east is stronger!

Consider this:

In the East - - 2 teams have less than 28 wins.

In the West -- 6 teams have less than 28 wins.

Just thought that was interesting since we often hear about how much better

the teams in the Western are.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hawks can't afford to relax, not for an instant. Home court in the playoffs depend

on the wins continuing to pile up. Seems that, if we had a lousy finish, we would

probably make the playoffs. But, if we are to go past the first round, we gotta keep

winning or hope the Heat melt down, which don't seem likely.

Man, the Heat sure are heating up recently. Wade is pouring in Jordanesque performances like today's 50 points, 10 rebounds, 9 assists, 4 steals, and 2 blocks on nearly 50% shooting (19/39) in TRIPLE overtime. The Heat are not making things any easier on us, and they seem poised to not only play "Keep Away" with the 5th seed from Detroit, but to also make strides to capture the 4th seed if we start to fall off. It doesnt help that they are 7-3 over their last 10 games and Wade has averaged 37 pts, 10 assists, and 6 rebounds all the while shooting 56% from the field and 48% from distance in his last 10 games. This team is starting to scare me, and they should for good reason. This extended homestand could not have come at a better time. For as well as the Heat have been playing as of late, the Hawks have played very well at home overall--and even better recently.

And to answer your off-topic portion: I would sayit depends on how you look at it. If you look at the top 3 teams in each standing, the East CLEARLY has the advantage. However, you look at the bottom 3 (5-8 spots) and you see the West EASILY has the better teams. Hell, their 8th seed would be good enough for the 4th spot here. Furthermore, the 6-8 spots in the East are barely treading above .500 water while that is not encountered until you hit the 9th seeded team in the West. The West may not be as top heavy, but they do have a better core of likely playoff teams. From top to bottom though, the East is better.

• Moderators

Good game for the Heat but scoring 50 on 39 shots is not the stuff of legend, IMO.

Jordan scored 69 points on 37 shots back in the day, for example. He has 30 games with 50-59 points with fewer than 39 FGA.

Good game for the Heat but scoring 50 on 39 shots is not the stuff of legend, IMO.

Jordan scored 69 points on 37 shots back in the day, for example. He has 30 games with 50-59 points with fewer than 39 FGA.

I turned the game off, because i thought it was over with a Jazz victory.Tomorrow is a huge game we can't seem to beat Portland.

Normally, I'd say that "No team can stay this hot for the duration of the season."

But that team has Dwyane Wade who apparently is trying his damndest to win the MVP. I think that Rathbun summed it up perfectly a few nights ago...Miami's not going away. This is going to go down to the wire.

• Premium Member

People said that Jermaine Oneal was washed up and that he couldn't do. Well, he's doing big things in Miami. He's their new Shaq. Plus they got Michael Beasley. I don't want to see Miami in a 4-5 Matchup, but if we get them, please oh please, let us have HC advantage.

• Premium Member
And to answer your off-topic portion: I would sayit depends on how you look at it. If you look at the top 3 teams in each standing, the East CLEARLY has the advantage. However, you look at the bottom 3 (5-8 spots) and you see the West EASILY has the better teams. Hell, their 8th seed would be good enough for the 4th spot here. Furthermore, the 6-8 spots in the East are barely treading above .500 water while that is not encountered until you hit the 9th seeded team in the West. The West may not be as top heavy, but they do have a better core of likely playoff teams. From top to bottom though, the East is better.

I think that you are missing Gray mule's point! You can't look at records because the East is more competitive with the exception of one team, The Washington Wizards! In the west, you can pad your win total by playing 6 bottom feeders multiple times during the season! Therefore the west's middle team's records look better than the East middle team's records

• Moderators
I think that you are missing Gray mule's point! You can't look at records because the East is more competitive with the exception of one team, The Washington Wizards! In the west, you can pad your win total by playing 6 bottom feeders multiple times during the season! Therefore the west's middle team's records look better than the East middle team's records

Interesting that the East's middle teams have much better records against the East than against the West if the West is truly the lesser league full of teams against which everyone pads their stats.

Atlanta vs. Western Conference - 12-11 v East 26-17

Miami vs. Western Conference - 14-13 v East 22-16

Detroit vs. Western Conference - 12-13 v East 21-18

Compare:

Portland vs. Eastern Conference 20-5 v West 21-19

New Orleans vs. Eastern Conference 18-9 v West 23-14

Dallas vs. Eastern Conference 18-7 v West 22-19

• Premium Member

Averaging 40 points 10 assists and 6 rebounds in his last 7 games is pretty legendary though.

Yeah, so what they won 3 in a row. We have won 4 in a row missing a starter. Big deal. Miami is not anything special. I dont know why there is so much hyped. O'Neal is nothing special. Wade is putting up numbers but how many shot is he taking a game? Beasly?? What is he doing? Im not worried about Miami.

It doesnt matter what they do, as long as we handle ours we will be good.

• Premium Member
People said that Jermaine Oneal was washed up and that he couldn't do. Well, he's doing big things in Miami. He's their new Shaq. Plus they got Michael Beasley. I don't want to see Miami in a 4-5 Matchup, but if we get them, please oh please, let us have HC advantage.

He has been extremely disappointing... playing worse than he was in Toronto. Today was like his first good game... The reason the Heat are winning lately is because Dwayne Wade is playing like a better version of Michael Jordan the last two weeks.

Edited by Atlantaholic

He has been extremely disappointing... playing below worse than he was in Toronto. Today was like his first good game... The reason the Heat are winning lately is because Dwayne Wade is playing like a better version of Michael Jordan the last two weeks.

So such thing as a better version of Micheal Jordan.

• Premium Member
So such thing as a better version of Micheal Jordan.

He is averaging 34 points and 10 assists while shooting well above 50% from the field in his last 19 games... That is insane.

I mean, how many times has JJ had 30 points and 10 assists in a single game this season? one time?? Wade has AVERAGED that in his last 19 (19!) games.

Edited by Atlantaholic

Even with today's performance... O'neal is averaging 15.6PPG and 5.8RPG the last 5 games. That's not all that great.

Edited by Hotlanta1981