• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Josh Smith - the psychological wizard - too funny

jerrywest

ROFLMAO FUNNY. someone posted this in ajc blog

you know since josh chewed woody’s arsh out at half time in charlotte woody has been a very good coach. way to go josh it took several head butts but maybe just maybe woody has finally gotten it. what do you say to that astro. heh heh maybe ken and clyde will agree if no one else. double heh heh

thought it was a real interesting interaction between acie and woody the other night. he called acie ver and acie put his hand on woody’s shoulder then as he returned to the court he tapped woody reassuringly on the butt. never would have seen that two weeks ago.

josh really shook this team up. good stuff josh, you even got jj out of his doldrums. never have i seen such a smart player to take it on himself to shake things up like that. he is a psychological wizard.

• Premium Member

Ironically enough, we have been playing extremely well since the incident, although we've been at home. That's the type of situation that can make or break a team, and it has obviously done something for us.

Ironically enough, we have been playing extremely well since the incident, although we've been at home. That's the type of situation that can make or break a team, and it has obviously done something for us.

I made a criticism of Woody not supporting his players about a week and a half ago. Yesterday did you see Woody crawling all up inside Joey Crawford after he T'd up Al Horford. This is new too. The arms weren't folded and the mouth wasn't hanging open in disbelief. Instead he was berating Crawford. There is no way from Woody's vantage point he saw who tipped that ball. But all he needed to hear was Al cry foul and he stepped up and got into T em up Joey. It was very cool to see.

Interesting angle. Didn't the players also have a meeting around that time? Maybe they went to Woodson and let him know where they stand.

Something definately shook the team up and they are playing much better.

I do have to give Woodson props for yanking Smith at about the 6:30 mark in the 3rd when Smith got lazy on the boards. When Smith came back in a few minutes later, he was the energizer bunny. Good move by Woody, and good reaction by Smith.

Great. Now Josh Smith is getting complimented for being bi-polar.

Great.

LOL we all go a little crazy some time. But that is a part of the game the hawks have been lacking. Playing too conservative at times and that includes coaching. As a coach you have to be willing to get tossed from a game, make a mistake, get in someone's face. Unfortunately we sometimes forget that it isn't only the players that are young. Woodson is also a relatively young head coach (from an experience point of view).

But here is how I see it. Before the Josh Smith benching, Joe Johnson and Mo Evans were playing like a pile of dung. But instead at half time Woodson points the finger at Josh. Josh stands up and confronts him (right or wrong no one will know because the context of the arguement hasn't been published). The next day there is a players only meeting that as I understand was called by JJ and Mo (I find this very interesting). 3 very interesting things happened after this meeting (and I say the meeting and not the benching as that first game back, Smith and his team mates were very animated together. Chest bumping and jawing on the bench.) One, Josh asserts himself. He had a very good game and the players fed him the ball in the flow of the game. This tells me that the team meeting was very much an "all for 1 and 1 for all affair". That the players had his back. 2nd Woodson's attitude changed. He made a point of congratulating Josh after that first game, has played the reserves more (9 -10 man rotations since) and has had a quick hook for both Bibby and Flip when they play selfish. 3rd, Joe and Mo have had much more energy since that meeting. So it begs some questions about what came out of it.

1. Did the players take a list of group concerns to Woodson and did they take them as they should through Joe and Mo? (I think this coupled with 3 is most likely as Joe specifically looks emotionally 30 lbs lighter and Mo Evans is again leading by example.)

2. Did the players back Josh and to some extent Acie, SJ and Mario?

3. Did the players only meeting end up with some finger pointing (IE, Mo and Joe calling Josh and others out and maybe the young guys pointing the finger right back. Meaning alot that needed to be said got said.)?

4. Did maybe the assistant coaches finally step up and either A. Take the team leaders/egos aside and intervene and or B. Take Woodson aside and say, "Mike! You are about 3 incidents short of losing this team forever and this is what would get the guys respect back." ?

5. Did a couple of key Hawks players and coaches start reading what every fan is writing about them?

i can appreciate that this is 'tongue n cheek', but i can see some truth sprinkled in here and there... lol.

whatever happened- everyone seems to be a little happier, more zoned in as a team, and smiling more (well, that last part?.... a winning streak will do that for you). :angel19:

i can appreciate that this is 'tongue n cheek', but i can see some truth sprinkled in here and there... lol.

whatever happened- everyone seems to be a little happier, more zoned in as a team, and smiling more (well, that last part?.... a winning streak will do that for you). :angel19:

JJ scoring 30+ all week is what happened.