• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Development of Players.

mattlanta

Seeing that we have a lot of young players on this team, what do you consider each player's main 'goal' this offseason to be in terms of development?

For example, I'd like to see Acie develop or get back his old jumpshot whether mid-range or three pointer. Whether this be developing his confidence or what not.

For Josh Smith I'd like to see him improve in the FT shot and also to develop a mid range shot as well.

Solomon Jones I'd like to see him get stronger down low.

Umm... who else?

I think that Smoove, Marv, and Al need to work on their post moves. Smooves needs to play with a little more poise. He seems out of control at times. MArv needs to start using his sweeping hook a little more. Acie needs to work on his jumpshot. I think that Solo needs to get stronger and work onhis psot offense. He is getting comfortable with his jumper as well.

I think that the key to out success will be on player development. I think that only Marv and Horf brought new dimensions to their games this year. Smoove has actually regressed a little.

• Premium Member
I think that Smoove, Marv, and Al need to work on their post moves. Smooves needs to play with a little more poise. He seems out of control at times. MArv needs to start using his sweeping hook a little more. Acie needs to work on his jumpshot. I think that Solo needs to get stronger and work onhis psot offense. He is getting comfortable with his jumper as well.

I think that the key to out success will be on player development. I think that only Marv and Horf brought new dimensions to their games this year. Smoove has actually regressed a little.

I say the next step in Marvin's development is improving his decision making process when he is in the paint. Marvin needs to understand that passing the ball is an option which he rarely does. He needs to understand that you can set your man up to make a shot on him but also you can set the opposing team up by making good passes to open teammates!

• Premium Member
I say the next step in Marvin's development is improving his decision making process when he is in the paint. Marvin needs to understand that passing the ball is an option which he rarely does. He needs to understand that you can set your man up to make a shot on him but also you can set the opposing team up by making good passes to open teammates!

Improvement needs to come from the Hawks and Woody making Marvin the number two option. Marvin can score down low and outside. Marvin needs to take the attitude that "I am the Man". Smoove needs to concentrate on rebounding, blocking shots, running the court, and for the love of money shooting free throws. Acie just needs more time but he is not on Flips level by a long shot at this point in his young career. Al is coming along fine.

Bibby - not young

Joe - consistency, maybe working on conditioning/losing a few pounds so he doesn't hit that sub-40% month next season

Marv - passing, keep working on the 3, become a lockdown defender

Josh - FTs and rebounding

Al - low post defense

Acie - jump shot

Rio - jump shot

Solo - weight room

Zaza - continue working on D rebounding (up a lot this year)

Flip - hopefully keep up the J

Mo - same