• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

"Offense is not a team sport"

exodus

• Premium Member
On the basis of ONE GAME Diesel concludes that the Hawks have gone from an iso Joe offense to a non-iso Joe offense, from a non-team offense to a team offense.

Somehow he makes a connection to Marvin even though the offense was iso Joe in the first 3 games Marvin missed during this streak.

Diesel Logic at it's best.

Uhm...

Recalling the conversation, you said, we ran iso joe the whole game. Joe even shot a halfcourt shot.

I said, we didn't run isojoe the whole game and just because Joe has his hands on the ball, it is not iso joe. I went on to say that our ball movement has been better.

I reiterated that our ball movement has been better in the portland game and again, we did not run iso joe the whole game.

Now.. how you get that that means that for 4 years we haven't had an iso joe offense? I don't know.

How you get that just because over 2 games, we have better ball movement that I believe that the reality is that offense is a team sport? I don't know.

Get this Ex and get it good.

When I look at basketball, I see a game where offense has been turned from what used to be a team sport to something that is filled with lots of one on one moments. PERIOD. THAT'S THE REALITY.

My hope and prayer is that my team learns to play the game by sharing the ball because that is the only way we will win. So, you will here me saying "we need to move the ball more and you will hear me praise our team for having more ball Movement." However, that doesn't change the reality. You will see me call for more motion and you will see me praise the team when we move without the ball. However, that doesn't change the reality.

The reality for the Hawks won't change until ball movement and motion is a consistent part of our offense.

The reality for the NBA won't change until the rules are changed to induce more team offense or a bunch of new coaches come in and replace the old blood and they decide to play team offense.

I know that it's hard for you to stay in context and all being that you want to focus on the 2 and forget the 312... I mean, you're trying to make a mountain out of the inconsequential.

Funny!

:singer:

Let me simplify things for you.

You are making all of these conclusions about the Hawks offense (better ball movement, an end to iso-Joe, etc) on the basis of:

AGAIN 1 GAME OR MAYBE 2... versus 4 years??

Good one Diesel...

You're brilliant?

:no-no:

Give it up Diesel. He has just owned you with your own words. Admit defeat and scurry away with your tail between your legs!!! I admire you spirit even when you are wrong you still try to weasel out with double talk. Even though I hate your stupid never ending anti-Marvin agenda but personally you are my kind of guy!!!

Edited by Wurider05

• Premium Member
Give it up Diesel. He has just owned you with your own words. Admit defeat and scurry away with your tail between your legs!!! I admire you spirit even when you are wrong you still try to weasel out with double talk. Even though I hate your stupid never ending anti-Marvin agenda but personally you are my kind of guy!!!

Lol!

Looks like he took your advice to heart haha.