• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Great win

capstone21

• Admin

Flip got us back in the game when we were struggling.

Refs were bad tonight

Strong performance from Al and Joe too

Frustrating to see Smith back to old form taking bad shots and making stupid decisions. Hopefully, this is only a one game lapse.

We officially have a winning record for the season! We will soon clinch a playoff spot and hopefully home court. We are 4 games up on Miami now.

• Premium Member
If he ever had a PG fast enough to catch up with him :sad:

I hate to harp on the negative after a nice win, but if Smoove would just give the ball to Bibby early and sprint up the court, Bibby would give it right back to him. Bibby passes it to the guy every time he runs the floor. The same thing applies to him passing it to ANY guard in the back court. All he has to do is give it up early and run the floor.

Refs were bad tonight

Frustrating to see Smith back to old form taking bad shots and making stupid decisions. Hopefully, this is only a one game lapse.

We officially have a winning record for the season! We will soon clinch a playoff spot and hopefully home court. We are 4 games up on Miami now.

The turnovers I can agree with but shot selection. He was 6 of 11..he only took 11 shots and made more than half???

This game was probably the worst the Hawks have played during their recent streak but it still counts.

Refs were horrible. What was with all the 3 second calls? Ugly, ugly win. Hawks only played well in the one qtr and neither team could score in the 4th but we'll take it of course.

I wouldn't classify these runouts by Josh as "fast breaks" - it's usually him driving straight into 2 or 3 defenders. He only converts about 1 out of 4 of them [speculative guestimation; not actual data research].

Edited by jhay610

• Moderators

Sometimes I feel the refs have an agenda. Tonight they just seemed incompetent. Hawks were very lucky but still a win over a good team.

Dallas has to be the softest team in the league. I know they were missing some folks but jeez. Carlisle getting ejected over the tiniest push was laughable. Dirk getting a tech when Mo just waves in his direction. And Dirk's 'defense'? well enough said.

The main thing I took from this game is that when we actually play our bench we are a much better team. I wish they'd get some burn in the second half.

How about Nique with the uncomfortable quote of the year : 'well Dallas really blew their wad' wwhat? Hey Nique some cliches aren't really meant for tv.

How about Nique with the uncomfortable quote of the year : 'well Dallas really blew their wad' wwhat? Hey Nique some cliches aren't really meant for tv.

Quote was "Dallas has shot their wad" and I almost fell out of my chair.

Getting off topic now, but speaking of former-player-turned-color-analysts making questionable analogies, Clyde the Glide came up with this gem earlier in the year. Sorry if this is a repost...

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Edited by jhay610

I went to the Dallas-Atl game today and it was really exiting.

I can't believe the Hawks beat the Mavs!!!

Woo!

Loved it when they played Turn my swag on and Let it rock.

These Hawks games are so energetic!!!!!

Can't wait to see the Hawks in the playoffs!

lol im about to fall out of my chair now!! Did he really say that , is it on tape?

He definitely said it. I was balancing the gradebook while listening to the call, and I definitely did a double take at the screen when he said that. We're gonna get a TV-PG rating for the next game. lmao.

Refs were bad tonight

Joe was terrible tonight. Back to being the Joe of old. Poor shooting once again.

Game ball goes to Flip. Had he not came in and gave a great performance this would have been a loss and a blowout.

Joe was terrible tonight. Back to being the Joe of old. Poor shooting once again.

Game ball goes to Flip. Had he not came in and gave a great performance this would have been a loss and a blowout.

Joe wasn't THAT bad. I think you're a glass is half empty kinda guy.

Edited by jhay610

Joe wasn't THAT bad. I think you're a glass is half empty kinda guy.

He awas BAD. Terrible shooting. He had one or two good shots, but he fired up alot of bricks tonight.

Mo was also big. I was also frustrated that Mike got so many minutes tonight. He did nothing most of the game. For the Mavs... JT being so off really hurt them. Without Howard, they don't have the scorers.