• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

No Marvin, no problem? Hawks' road test against Cavs is barometer...

HAWKS1986

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually we need Marvin because he drives first and shoots jumpers second. We have enough jump shooters and not enough ATTACKERS.

As we saw today when the jumpers dont fall we are *ss out of luck. We couldve used Marvin to attack and get to the line until someone else heated up. But we didnt have that option today.

Flip is to small to take that role. At 6'8 240 no one gets in Marvin's way on his way to the basket. Its like LBJ. People get out of the way. We didnt have that option today.

Yeah we need Marvin and not having Acie for todays game hurt us very badly. No pass first guard on the team when Acie is out.

so..yeah..

He finishes at the line.

Yeah tone....I honestly think Marvin (if healthy) is a good part. But we still need two parts..........1 and 5.....the 1 being a GOOD pass first PG - Quick and dangerous if given the lane (like Rondo) and the other being an average center.

Yeah tone....I honestly think Marvin (if healthy) is a good part. But we still need two parts..........1 and 5.....the 1 being a GOOD pass first PG - Quick and dangerous if given the lane (like Rondo) and the other being an average center.

We have one. Acie Law. We need to give him control starting next camp and have Speedy back him up. Our assists will go up and i think we will be a better team.

Not at all. If anything i am known as the jokester at work, always messing with everyone else. I am sort of the daily entertainment there.

Away from work i have found that people aren't going to go out of their way to pick on someone 6'2" 190 . I have played ball with Boss Tweed and i think he would verify that i wouldn't generally be seen as an easy target for needling.

Not sure why any of that has any relevance to the hawks though. I guess you probably decided to get personal since you couldn't deny the truth of my response.

Not at all. I was actually going to put a smiley face so you'd know I was just pulling your chain. You just seem to get very defensive on here but I guess that should be expected seeing as how you have a few...um "fans" who like to try and get you started. I personally try not to take anything too seriously on the internet.

As far as "the truth to your response"... I simply felt it didn't warrant any attention.

Edited by Dsinner

• Premium Member
Actually we need Marvin because he drives first and shoots jumpers second. We have enough jump shooters and not enough ATTACKERS.

As we saw today when the jumpers dont fall we are *ss out of luck. We couldve used Marvin to attack and get to the line until someone else heated up. But we didnt have that option today.

Flip is to small to take that role. At 6'8 240 no one gets in Marvin's way on his way to the basket. Its like LBJ. People get out of the way. We didnt have that option today.

Yeah we need Marvin and not having Acie for todays game hurt us very badly. No pass first guard on the team when Acie is out.

so..yeah..

Our results in Cleveland with Marvin are no different than without him. Cleveland is the best home team in the land. They are armed with officials. Marvin would have made no difference on the court. Moreover, this past stint without Marvin shows that we lose nothing with Marvin out. We need Marvin off the bench.

Our results in Cleveland with Marvin are no different than without him. Cleveland is the best home team in the land. They are armed with officials. Marvin would have made no difference on the court. Moreover, this past stint without Marvin shows that we lose nothing with Marvin out. We need Marvin off the bench.

So when we win home games like we did the whole season, it's still because Marvin is out, but when we lose on the road without Marvin, then you say it hasn't to do with him, because we lose on the road.

You cant be serious D?

Marvin brings a different offense than the rest of the team. Marvin will go to the basket and get calls and get to the line. For some reason he gets in the lane with his clumsy self and gets the whistle and is an 80+ FT shooter. Dont tell me Marvin would not have made a difference.

Marvin does not need to come off the bench because he doesnt have that score first mentality. FLIP has that scorer mentality, FLIP can come off the bench and just fire away. Marvin does not play like that. Marvin needs to "get it going". How many times have you seen Marvin take the first 2 or 3 shots of the game. VERY FEW when JJ is playing or Bibby is playing.

We could have went to Marvin when JJ and Bibby wasnt hitting crap in the mid 1st and 2nd quarter.

FLIP is our 6th man.

I can't figure out why the Hawks are so bad on the road. It just doesn't make any sense.

It's not like the crowds in Philips are so motivating...

it is the same reason they are a poor 1st quarter team. It is just a lack of discipline and professionalism.

Hey D - don't ya think Stern wants to see LeBron versus Kobe this year? He hopes San Antonio will cooperate :hush:

...but this year is DEFINITELY LeBron in the finals (IMHO).

(Lebron blows cartoon balloons up all the time.....his family business thrives....but Jesus, he wan'ts to go to Venus.....he was born the.....)

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member
So when we win home games like we did the whole season, it's still because Marvin is out, but when we lose on the road without Marvin, then you say it hasn't to do with him, because we lose on the road.

We don't miss Marvin.

• Premium Member
You cant be serious D?

Marvin brings a different offense than the rest of the team. Marvin will go to the basket and get calls and get to the line. For some reason he gets in the lane with his clumsy self and gets the whistle and is an 80+ FT shooter. Dont tell me Marvin would not have made a difference.

Marvin does not need to come off the bench because he doesnt have that score first mentality. FLIP has that scorer mentality, FLIP can come off the bench and just fire away. Marvin does not play like that. Marvin needs to "get it going". How many times have you seen Marvin take the first 2 or 3 shots of the game. VERY FEW when JJ is playing or Bibby is playing.

We could have went to Marvin when JJ and Bibby wasnt hitting crap in the mid 1st and 2nd quarter.

FLIP is our 6th man.

Tone, I know this is falling on def ears, but Marvin's contribution has not been missed. You can love him as much as you want... what part of Marvin's game have we missed since he has been gone.

Our stats against Cleveland (away) are identical. Lebron's stats against us (while he is at home) are identical.

We have not missed Marvin's contribution.

I can't figure out why the Hawks are so bad on the road. It just doesn't make any sense.

It's not like the crowds in Philips are so motivating...

I guess they're just a whole lot more comfortable at home, than they are on the road. It also has to do with them being relatively a young team as well. Young teams tend to struggle mightily on the road. My hope for them this year, was to at least get to 16 road wins, because I thought we could come close to winning 30 home games. When we start winning 1/2 of our road games, is the time when people can really expect this team to make major noise in the playoffs.

But until that time comes, we're a 2nd round playoff exit team at best.

And jus to drive the Utah Jazz point home even further. The Jazz haven't had a winning record on the road since the 2000 - 2001 season. They are truly a night and day team at home vs on the road.

• 2 weeks later...
One road game may or may not tell the whole story, but after having a very successful homestand-- the best since the late 1970's-- without their former number one draft choice Marvin Williams may give us a bigger indication that the chemistry is much better without MW receiving starter's minutes.

The Hawks were dominant during the homestand winning by an average of twelve points! With Marvin playing his usual minutes as a starter, there would have been more nailbiters and bad losses that shouldn't have happened.

To me, the Cavs have always been beatable, but the lack of chemistry and execution on offense had always been an Achilles heel.

It's not exclusively about whether Maurice Evans is better than MW, but does the team execute their offense better without MW period...

The Hawks are averaging 87.6 ppg over their last 5 games. They are 8-6 since Marvin got hurt.

So what is your barometer telling you now?

Edited by exodus

The Hawks are averaging 87.6 ppg over their last 5 games. They are 8-6 since Marvin got hurt.

So what is your barometer telling you now?

The 87.6 ppg is a good stat to bring up here, but not the 8-6 record. We've just come through one of the hardest stretches of basketball all year. Yes we've looked like crap, but it isn't all because of Marvin being out.