• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Props to Flip

exodus

Flip has been huge this year. Given his career #s and his impact when he isn't hot, I am skeptical about giving him anything like 4 years/25 million.

Flip is a straight baller. When he is on the court, offensively he is as good as any guard on the court. He gices swagger and he is a winner.

• Moderators
Flip is a straight baller. When he is on the court, offensively he is as good as any guard on the court. He gices swagger and he is a winner.

Flip's career high TS% before this season is 50 points less than his TS% this season. This means his production this season is by far the best in his 7 years in the NBA.

If he was as good offensively as Kobe and Wade as you suggest, he wouldn't be playing for his 6th team in 7 years.

I totally respect what he has done this year, but I don't know that I bet on him repeating this performance over the next 4 seasons.

Love his mentality. Great for a 6th man. But I don't know about the four year deal. made me think of Speedy.

I agree. A 4 year contract for a 6'3'', 30 year old, combo guard is tough to stomach. In today's economy, and the 2010 FA bonanza, I dount anyone offers him that.

A 3 contract would be much better. A 2 year contract would be ideal. What we have going for us is Rick Sund. Rick gave Flip his first shot in Seattle. Then revived his career in Atlanta. Flip has finally found a place where he really fits in after being a 7 year journeyman. He may really value his place on this roster where he has a defined role, consistent minutes, and the trust of the coach. Woody gives him the freedom to play "Flip street ball" that many coaches would never do.

Wonder if he just wants a contract and/or he finally has a team where the coach lets him do whatever with no consequences.

My basic thoughts in a nut-shell.

Flip said in October of his decision to sign with the Hawks, "I signed here because the Hawks have allowed me to play my game". He went on to explain that his role on the team is to score when he enters a game. It means exactly what is said.

He could have signed a multiple year contract with another team but he chose the one year here to re-establish his game in the market. Some do not(have not) understand why he comes in and puts the ball up, it is his job. He was given the green light from the jump.

It's not street ball, it is basketball.