• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Make you go Hmmmmmmmmm !

coachx

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-bl...ision_with.html

Would the Pistons be better this season if they hired Woodson instead of Curry ? Did Dumars want Woodson b/c he had the AI trade in the works and new Woody had coached both the Piston core players and AI. No matter what decision Woody made on AI starting or coming off the bench, both sides may have been more receptive hearing it from a guy they know and who has coached them before.

Curry, as a rookie coach could not stand up to A.I. and put him on the bench for Rip to start. Woody is from the Larry Brown school. Larry Bown had no trouble standing up to AI. Woody would let AI have it just like Larry Brown did. History has showed us that the Pistons core responded better to old school, hard line coaching, vs. the laid back style of Saunders or Curry.

What would Woody have done differently and why ?

1. Woody coached AI as an assitant to Larry Brown in Philly for 3 years.......including their run to the NBA Finals. Since Woody had coached AI before and has a realtionship with him would he have started AI or made him a 6th man from day #1 ? Would AI have been more open to coming off the bench for Woody vs. a rookie coach he did not know ?

2. We all know Woody was Brown's defensive assistant in Detroit and has a good relationship to the Piston's core players. B/c of this would he have begged Dumars not to trade for A.I. and continue with the core ? Would he have pointed ou that AI was only succesful in Philly where he could dominate the ball on offense and play with defensive minded players (Mutumbo, Hill, Lynch, Snow, etc.)

3. Would Woody have benched Stuckey instead of Rip. Very possible !

Who knows ? It sure made me go Hmmmmmm for a while.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-bl...ision_with.html

Would the Pistons be better this season if they hired Woodson instead of Curry ? Did Dumars want Woodson b/c he had the AI trade in the works and new Woody had coached both the Piston core players and AI. No matter what decision Woody made on AI starting or coming off the bench, both sides may have been more receptive hearing it from a guy they know and who has coached them before.

Curry, as a rookie coach could not stand up to A.I. and put him on the bench for Rip to start. Woody is from the Larry Brown school. Larry Bown had no trouble standing up to AI. Woody would let AI have it just like Larry Brown did. History has showed us that the Pistons core responded better to old school, hard line coaching, vs. the laid back style of Saunders or Curry.

What would Woody have done differently and why ?

1. Woody coached AI as an assitant to Larry Brown in Philly for 3 years.......including their run to the NBA Finals. Since Woody had coached AI before and has a realtionship with him would he have started AI or made him a 6th man from day #1 ? Would AI have been more open to coming off the bench for Woody vs. a rookie coach he did not know ?

2. We all know Woody was Brown's defensive assistant in Detroit and has a good relationship to the Piston's core players. B/c of this would he have begged Dumars not to trade for A.I. and continue with the core ? Would he have pointed ou that AI was only succesful in Philly where he could dominate the ball on offense and play with defensive minded players (Mutumbo, Hill, Lynch, Snow, etc.)

3. Would Woody have benched Stuckey instead of Rip. Very possible !

Who knows ? It sure made me go Hmmmmmm for a while.

From my observations, Woody allows his players to do pretty much what they want on the floor. JJ has free reign to do as he pleases. Flip as well. My guess is that if Woody was coaching AI, we would see the same pattern.