• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody couldn't beat Popovich in his wildest dream.

bumpyphish1

No Duncan. No Manu. No problem for the Spurs at (yes, AT) the Hawks. All it takes is a decent coach bring out Woody's inadequacies like a siren in an empty library.

No, Bibby isn't the best defender, but why did Woody play him 40 minutes?! It is so damn disappointing Woody has still yet to develop a decent rotation. Despite all the criticism last season and everything.

I'd hate to gander a guess at what this game would have looked like if Duncan had played, much less had Manu been anything close to 100%.

Woody has GOT to go for the Hawks to have any chance to get to the next level, the level where we can expect to consistently compete against the elite teams (and coaches) in this league.

Edited by bumpyphish1

• Premium Member

When the fourth quarter started and it became a game of coaching and execution... I knew it was over.

While we were Isolating Joe on the wing while, literally, four Spurs were waiting to help out on D, Popovich continued to run a pick and roll on Parker, who would get isolated with a Center every possession.

Watching Woody go up against Popovich (as much as I hate him and the spurs got to admit he is probably the best coach in the NBA), was like watching a six year old retard fist fight a lion.

• Premium Member
No Duncan. No Manu. No problem for the Spurs at (yes, AT) the Hawks. All it takes is a decent coach bring out Woody's inadequacies like a siren in an empty library.

No, Bibby isn't the best defender, but why did Woody play him 40 minutes?! It is so damn disappointing Woody has still yet to develop a decent rotation. Despite all the criticism last season and everything.

I'd hate to gander a guess at what this game would have looked like if Duncan had played, much less had Manu been anything close to 100%.

Woody has GOT to go for the Hawks to have any chance to get to the next level, the level where we can expect to consistently compete against the elite teams (and coaches) in this league.

Woody has no clue.

Get over it. Woody ain't going no where. He has a contract for two years. He will

be the Hawks coach until that two years are up. That's the rest of this season and

all of next season.

Why? Three things, at least. 1- Our GM likes him. 2- JJ likes him. 3- Ownership is

a mess and will continue to be a mess for the duration of his contract, at least.

4- Ownership don't have the $$$ to pay him and another head coach. He has a contract.

5- Hawks have had a better record every year Woody has been here. They will win

some more games this season and a few in the playoffs. 6- While much of the stuff

we can blame on him when there is a loss, he gets some credit when there is a win.

7- Hawk players don't always do the things they are taught. Woody is not always

at fault when they mes up. And, the players, not the coach, are the ones who miss

all those shots when things go so wrong.

There. Several things to chose from to come up with three reasons Woody will stay.

Do I believe he is a great coach? Nope. He's not. Stubborn? You bet. Does he have

a great offensive plan for the team. Again, I don't believe so. Does he use his bench

to the best possible outcome? Never has. Won't start now.

I rate the teams and coaches in three tiers. 1- Elite 2- Middle of the road 3- Poor.

Hawhs started out with a 13 win season. A very good example of #3. They have

worked their way up to #2. They are now one of the best @ #2. They aren't even

close to the #1 gang, as we witnessed against our last two rivals who whipped

us like a red headed step child. Between those games, we met and whipped

one of those #3 teams.

We have a good team with good players. Perhaps, we have a good coach (you decide).

We don't have a great team. We don't have great players. We don't have a great

coach. We certainly don't have great ownership.

Great players and great coaches win championships.

Good players and coaches end up in the middle of the pack.

Poor coaches and teams have poor records.

:sad:

I actually think that we would have fared better if Ducan had played. Our post def is better than our pnr def. SAS would have fed the post more because TD was in the game and ran the pnr less. I'm not saying that we would have won, because SAS is a smart effecient team. But we would have been playing more from one of our strengths vs our weakness. Our switching def's achillies heel is spots 1-3 players who can get to the rack at anytime. Its been a problem for more than just this year.