• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

As of now it is Hawks vs 76ers in first round

TruJerz

but who would you rather play in the 1st round, 76ers or Heat? Keep in mind that we had more trouble beating the 76ers than the Heat. I would still wanna face 76ers. I think Wade will get a lot of calls go his way and he is also just an amazing player who can win a game by himself sometimes. 76ers are talented but I think in 7 games, we take them. Even though I think we will still beat the Heat anyway, it may be a harder task

but who would you rather play in the 1st round, 76ers or Heat? Keep in mind that we had more trouble beating the 76ers than the Heat. I would still wanna face 76ers. I think Wade will get a lot of calls go his way and he is also just an amazing player who can win a game by himself sometimes. 76ers are talented but I think in 7 games, we take them. Even though I think we will still beat the Heat anyway, it may be a harder task

He can carry a team. He's shown it all year. Overall, top to bottom, Philly has a more talented roster, but nobody on Philly has the ability to carry a team through a playoff series like Miami does. Any team the Hawks will face in the first round is going to be tough. That's why holding on to the 4th seed is so important. Personally, to me it really doesn't matter who we play. The Hawks can make it past the first round if we continue to play the way we've played the last ten games or so.

I'd rather play the Heat because they are a one man team. There is no way they come into Phillips and get a win. They can't even beat the Pacers or the Bulls on the road, they got blown out yesterday.

He can carry a team. He's shown it all year. Overall, top to bottom, Philly has a more talented roster, but nobody on Philly has the ability to carry a team through a playoff series like Miami does. Any team the Hawks will face in the first round is going to be tough. That's why holding on to the 4th seed is so important. Personally, to me it really doesn't matter who we play. The Hawks can make it past the first round if we continue to play the way we've played the last ten games or so.

co-sign

I would just rather stay away from NBA darling players in the first round. The calls going Wade's way in the first round are going to be attrocious. Meanwhile JJ et al will be on floor after a forearm shiver and the refs won't even bother putting the whistle to thier lips (yes, this is hyperbole).

• Premium Member

I'd rather play the Heat.

I know Wade has officials in his pockets and I'm good with that. Wade doesn't have a complete team. (Not really). Chalmers is still young, JO is not dominant... and Beasley is still pretty young.

However, when you look at Philly....

Miller = Crafty Vet.

Iguadala = Young star who can score.

Young = Young rising PF who can put the ball in the basket.

Dalembert = Vet big who can rebound and is athletic.

The one thing about Philly is that they have no shooters. So maybe this plays into Woody's hands... We will see.... at the end of this month.

Philly is steaking right now. If they keep winning and carry alot of MO into the playoffs I want no part of it. Lets just hope we have home court because that is not a gimme especially with the way Philly has turned it on.

Philly is steaking right now. If they keep winning and carry alot of MO into the playoffs I want no part of it. Lets just hope we have home court because that is not a gimme especially with the way Philly has turned it on.

Philly always streaks at the end of the year... I have voiced my worry about playing them... I would much rather take my chances against Wade, knowing that if you win that series you're riding high by beating Wade... Even if you beat Philly, its not the same feeling...

I am sure Mark Price remembers how Jordan carried his lowly Bulls and defeated the championship aspiring talented Cavs team that had Price, Dougharty, Nance, Harper, Hot Rod Williams etc. who won something like 57 games that year. They even beat up the eventual champions Pistons that year.

Wade could easily pull a Jordan on a far inferior team than the Cavs.

If we can't beat the Heat, I'll understand why it happened. If we can't beat the Sixers, I'd say its time for soul searching.

Edited by jerrywest

DAM our next 4 games are Celtics. Lakers, at Sixers and at Boston. We only are up on Philly by 3 in the loss column. We could be the 5th seed by next week.

Philly's schedule is full of playoff fighting teams. Detroit twice, Charlotte twice, NJ, Chicago, Boston and Cleveland twice.

They gotta win to catch us.

I'd rather play the Heat.

I know Wade has officials in his pockets and I'm good with that. Wade doesn't have a complete team. (Not really). Chalmers is still young, JO is not dominant... and Beasley is still pretty young.

However, when you look at Philly....

Miller = Crafty Vet.

Iguadala = Young star who can score.

Young = Young rising PF who can put the ball in the basket.

Dalembert = Vet big who can rebound and is athletic.

The one thing about Philly is that they have no shooters. So maybe this plays into Woody's hands... We will see.... at the end of this month.

They have been playing Donyell Marshall and Kareem Rush a bit more.

Can't say I like the Sixers for Bibby. Who is he gonna guard? Miller? Iggy?

We don't match up well with the 76ers at all. I rather have Wade try to score 100 on us.

interesting feedback. I thought more people would wanna play the 76ers but you'd rather face Miami..but i agree, as long as we have homecourt I like our chances against anyone. I do think Miami is a pretty solid team besides Wade tho. Question, will Marvin be back for the first round? does anyone know when he is supposed 2 come back?

I think this is a little bit of chicken little going on here. We were one the leagues hottest teams 3 games ago. The Sixers and Heat are streaky teams. Yes they look good 5 games at a time, but I doubt they keep the pace. We'll keep our spot. This team has enough vets to keep us moving forward now.