Starting Smith at the 3 sure worked great!

exodus

• Premium Member
I don't know what possessed Woody to start Smith at the 3 tonight but it was a disaster. The offense was a complete train wreck until the 4th quarter when, sure enough, smith was playing the 4.

Woody no Goody!

Diesel called him up yesterday!

22-11-4-3

smith at the 3 looked fine to me. aint his fault Horford(who people want to play PF so bad) goes 3-12. or that bibby(our starting point gaurd) can't play defense to save his life and only had 2 assist. or that woody changed the lineup. or that joe decides he is gonna go iso and pound the ball WHICH IS THE REAL REASON HAWKS SUCKED ON OFFENSE.

but i agree we shouldn't have changed it.

Edited by hoodstar

Hope you realize that Smith play the 4 most of the night which is when he scored the majority of his point so no, he wasn't fine at the 3

did you watch the game? he is the same player at the 3 that he is the 4. my god people act like it makes a world of a difference is he is a SF or PF. thats like Kobe playing the SF position. would it make a big difference in his game? NO.

Edited by hoodstar

did you watch the game? he is the same player at the 3 that he is the 4. my god people act like it makes a world of a difference is he is a SF or PF. thats like Kobe playing the SF position. would it make a big difference in his game? NO.

LOL that is a horrible analogy. With Smith at the 3 that is one less shooter on the floor which kills spacing. When the hawks start with Mo,Bibby, JJ that gives them 3 legit 3 pt threats to space the floor.

Smith can't beat 3s off the dribble as easily as he can beat 4s. He also gets beat routinely off the dribble when he tries to defend the 3.

LOL that is a horrible analogy. With Smith at the 3 that is one less shooter on the floor which kills spacing. When the hawks start with Mo,Bibby, JJ that gives them 3 legit 3 pt threats to space the floor.

Smith can't beat 3s off the dribble as easily as he can beat 4s. He also gets beat routinely off the dribble when he tries to defend the 3.

you guys are overrating the 3 position seriously. ever SF isnt Pierce, melo or lebron. he crossed the hell out of pierce(yes he miised the shot) but i guess your excuse is pierce is slow. smith is a SF not PF. if anything he is a tweener WHICH MEANS IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT HE PLAYS.

well folks, how did horford look at the PF lol?

you guys are overrating the 3 position seriously. ever SF isnt Pierce, melo or lebron. he crossed the hell out of pierce(yes he miised the shot) but i guess your excuse is pierce is slow. smith is a SF not PF. if anything he is a tweener WHICH MEANS IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT HE PLAYS.

well folks, how did horford look at the PF lol?

Yes it does matter. When you have a guy at the 3 who is one of the worst jump shooters in the league it kills spacing. Smarten up.

Yes it does matter. When you have a guy at the 3 who is one of the worst jump shooters in the league it kills spacing. Smarten up.

smartin up? does it make that much of a difference? smith is a sf. ITS NOT HIS FAULT WOODY DONT KNOW HOW TO COACH A HALF COURT SET THAT ISNT JUST A ISO WHETHER SMITH IS THE SF OR PF.

This off season the hawks are gonna trade marvin imo and move smith to the sf not because they want to but because they want Horford to play the PF.

unfortunatley our coach isnt smart.

Edited by hoodstar

Well honestly it's unfair to judge AH as a PF based on a 1/2 game experiment. My guess is that ownership pressured Woody to do it and Woody set it up to fail. Why go "big" if all you do is shoot Perimeter-jumpers anyway? I don't think Woody's heart was in it and it showed. Our offense was more of a mess than usual tonight. Granted...we did miss a bunch of close-inners.

The Hawks are usually out of sync on offense....but we were even farther out of sync tonight.