• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sat next to Al's dad last night! (Tito Horford)

JackB1

I went to the game last night vs Boston and decided to move to better seats after halftime.

I found a nice open seat about 12 rows up behind the Hawks bench and sat down. Guess who comes back and sits down next to me? Tito Horford! I coudn't believe it. I also happened to be wearing my #15 jersey with Al's signature on it and I showed him. We chatted back and forth the rest of the 2nd half and he was very friendly. He got mad every time Smoove bricked a jump shot and yelled out "He's not a shooter! lol I told him you hardly ever see Al taking ill advised shots and he agreed and said Josh doesn't know how to play to the best of his abilities. I quickly agreed. I asked him how Al liked ATL and he said he loves it here! He also said Al is like a hero in Gainesville, which didnt surprise me. Al definitely gets that calm, cool demeanor from his Dad....you can tell. It was great meeting Tito!

• Premium Member
I went to the game last night vs Boston and decided to move to better seats after halftime.

I found a nice open seat about 12 rows up behind the Hawks bench and sat down. Guess who comes back and sits down next to me? Tito Horford! I coudn't believe it. I also happened to be wearing my #15 jersey with Al's signature on it and I showed him. We chatted back and forth the rest of the 2nd half and he was very friendly. He got mad every time Smoove bricked a jump shot and yelled out "He's not a shooter! lol I told him you hardly ever see Al taking ill advised shots and he agreed and said Josh doesn't know how to play to the best of his abilities. I quickly agreed. I asked him how Al liked ATL and he said he loves it here! He also said Al is like a hero in Gainesville, which didnt surprise me. Al definitely gets that calm, cool demeanor from his Dad....you can tell. It was great meeting Tito!

That's cool!

You should have took his pic and put it on the Hawksquawk Celebrity wall!!!

we should have a place on the site where we show off the pics we took with former / current hawks players. :D

There is a photo gallery that everyone can post to. I haven't spent much time with it but you should be able to create a category for that and upload pics to it.

Did he have anything to say about how bad his son played last night?? Or did he jump up when Al took a bad shot??

He didnt seem happy about how the game was going all night. He jumped up a few times on bad calls in the last qtr, but overall was very even tempered. He never got overly emotional.

He didnt talk much about Al unless you brought it up first. Seems like a very humble guy.